The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

On 11/23/2022 at 7:20 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

You’re the only person on the forum that thinks this. 

I’m the only person who thinks players goal every season is to make it to the Super Bowl?  You sure about that MrOak? 

Over 30+ years of watching NFL and hear players from all generations talk how it is a boyhood dream to play in the Super Bowl. The biggest single game played in all sports in the world. Many NFL players have super bowl bonuses in their contract.

But according to you and like 2 others teams goal isn’t to win the championship 😂 

Team goal to win the SB every  year doesn’t mean sellout like the Rams did to win the SB but they did win last year, more success than we can say the last 20 years.

It means any given Sunday. One game means any team can win. Just get into the tournament in January.

Theres not one team that says hey guys let’s win 8 games this year. 

The lengths some of you go to rationalize Derek Carr record losses as a starter 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m the only person who thinks players goal every season is to make it to the Super Bowl?  You sure about that MrOak? 

Over 30+ years of watching NFL and hear players from all generations talk how it is a boyhood dream to play in the Super Bowl. The biggest single game played in all sports in the world. Many NFL players have super bowl bonuses in their contract.

But according to you and like 2 others teams goal isn’t to win the championship 😂 

Team goal to win the SB every  year doesn’t mean sellout like the Rams did to win the SB but they did win last year, more success than we can say the last 20 years.

It means any given Sunday. One game means any team can win. Just get into the tournament in January.

Theres not one team that says hey guys let’s win 8 games this year. 
The lengths some of you go to rationalize Derek Carr record losses as a starter 

Only took you a week to respond. This is another terrible strawman which is completely misconstruing what i'm trying to say. Player aspirations and organizational reality aren't the same thing. If you can't understand that, maybe take a step back.

This reminds me of how you tried to explain psychology to me last year when I'm about to be a licensed physician with background in psychiatry. But keep going. It's kinda funny.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Only took you a week to respond. This is another terrible strawman which is completely misconstruing what i'm trying to say. Player aspirations and organizational reality aren't the same thing. If you can't understand that, maybe take a step back.

This reminds me of how you tried to explain psychology to me last year when I'm about to be a licensed physician with background in psychiatry. But keep going. It's kinda funny.

Show me quotes from GMs or VPs that don’t have super bowl goals? 

Organizational goals are to build a champion and a team that can compete for a SB every year. Owners fire coaches/GMs so fast they are under pressure to win asap.

Honestly it isn’t even worth replying to you at times. A lot of what you reply is obvious bias towards me because I’ve flamed you so many times in the past. I even see you hating on me in posts not tagging me lol

Yea I don’t think Carr is the best QB to help the Raiders win and some others you get offended by the thoughts like he’s your family. Raider players come and go. I’m about what’s best for business. After 9 seasons with Carr, I’m tired of all the losses.

Congrats on your personal accomplishments 

Edited by bucksavage1

On 11/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, Styrian Raider said:

There are different sorts of goals in ALL sports, and not "that one goal".
One goal is for sure to win the championship, someday.
One goal will for sure be to be better than last time or than your arch rival.

If there were only just "one goal" to achieve, then in case of football 31 teams would have to fire their HC after a season
(because they didn't achieved their goal).

Most teams will set themselves short- , mid- and long-term goals or even more. That's a progress.

Most teams give coaches/GM 2-4 years to show some sort of trajectory towards a championship and their gone. The ultimate goal is to win a championship in a given season. 

On 11/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, Darbsk said:

A mere 5 hours...........This made me chuckle. I'm from Wales in the UK so I can drive from Wales into England, head north and arrive in Scotland and see 3 different countries in 5 hours 😂 

😂 I sat in traffic for 90 minutes coming from work in LA last week. Only went about 35 miles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Organizational goals are to build a champion and a team that can compete for a SB every year. Owners fire coaches/GMs so fast they are under pressure to win asap.

Honestly it isn’t even worth replying to you at times. A lot of what you reply is obvious bias towards me because I’ve flamed you so many times in the past. I even see you hating on me in posts not tagging me lol

Yea I don’t think Carr is the best QB to help the Raiders win and some others you get offended by the thoughts like he’s your family. Raider players come and go. I’m about what’s best for business. After 9 seasons with Carr, I’m tired of all the losses.

Weird that you focus in directly on "9 seasons with Carr" to be "tired of all the losing" like the previous 12 years weren't a thing and we were doing sooooo much winning. 

It's almost like you're admitting it has more to do with Carr than the team's lack of success, but that would come across as creepy and obsessive. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Weird that you focus in directly on "9 seasons with Carr" to be "tired of all the losing" like the previous 12 years weren't a thing and we were doing sooooo much winning. 

It's almost like you're admitting it has more to do with Carr than the team's lack of success, but that would come across as creepy and obsessive. 

Nope. He’s the common denominator other than Mark Davis. 

If there was the same GM/coach/other players that’s contributing to losing they would be getting the heat as well

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

So Mark should fire McDaniels and Ziegler because we are no longer in the playoff race? 

I just don’t understand these arguments at all. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fr we were doing a lot of winning then. 

I know a ton of people in here like to say "November Carr" but this year these are his November stats:

9 TDs, 2 INTs, 277 YPG. Three games being on the road.

Makes your wonder if this offense is finally starting to get their groove. Most knew it would take time but Derek is playing his best ball of the year right now.

I've undoubtedly jinxed him though so expect a Saints type game this weekend. My bad

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know a ton of people in here like to say "November Carr" but this year these are his November stats:

9 TDs, 2 INTs, 277 YPG. Three games being on the road.

Makes your wonder if this offense is finally starting to get their groove. Most knew it would take time but Derek is playing his best ball of the year right now.

I've undoubtedly jinxed him though so expect a Saints type game this weekend. My bad

Did they? Because most wanted to dump McDaniel 2 weeks ago because they are impatient and wanted instant results in my view. 

Great to see Carr finding his groove without 2 of his playmakers. And to see the offense coming together. 

• Like 3