The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

35 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It is really impossible to fully practice  scramble drills without a live rush coming at you. They can practice it with the red Jersey's but it is something he needs to work on during games. Most QBs became good at that in thier youth. Either have it or they don't, almost a 6th Sense for a QB

This.

Carr's skillset is becoming archaic. The pure pocket guy who can't extend a play, or make something happen when a play breaks down is becoming extinct. You hear Gruden subliminally lament this sometimes.

I'm not saying he needs to be Russ/Lamar/Watson but even young guys like Baker Mayfield, Joe Borrow, Josh Allen can make plays when it breaks down. No creativity in Carr's game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/07/lincoln-kennedy-to-derek-carr-its-time-to-put-up-or-shut-up/

Carr is more known for being the most sensitive QB in the league over his play 🙄

Agree with Linc. STFU Carr and play well . Stop crying about being disrespected when you've won 4 games against winning teams in your career.

Is this the same fanbase that cringes when Carr runs the ball?!? Or is that only when he extends for a TD and loses his grip. Breaks his back? Slides inbounds but is called out of bounds?!? No this couldn't be THAT fan base. LOL 

He needs to scramble more...So he does then watching TV you here an absence of noise as fans expect the worse to happen. LOL

1 hour ago, G said:

Is this the same fanbase that cringes when Carr runs the ball?!? Or is that only when he extends for a TD and loses his grip. Breaks his back? Slides inbounds but is called out of bounds?!? No this couldn't be THAT fan base. LOL 

He needs to scramble more...So he does then watching TV you here an absence of noise as fans expect the worse to happen. LOL

If he can’t do the things a starting qb sometimes known as franchise qb Is expected to do then he needs to get off the pot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G said:

But other QB's can do it without being coddled, he needs to know when to run. When he rolls left staring down a WR on 3rd and 2 then throws incomplete when he had 10 yards of free space in front of him it's a problem.

Edited by raidr4life

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This.

Carr's skillset is becoming archaic. The pure pocket guy who can't extend a play, or make something happen when a play breaks down is becoming extinct. You hear Gruden subliminally lament this sometimes.

I'm not saying he needs to be Russ/Lamar/Watson but even young guys like Baker Mayfield, Joe Borrow, Josh Allen can make plays when it breaks down. No creativity in Carr's game.

Tell that to Tom Brady and his 6 rings LOL. 

You guys want flash and pizazz but I will say there are very few QB's who can adjust to becoming a pocket passer once their mobility is diminished.  While I agree that mobility and the ability to extend a play is a great asset but by no means is a pure pocket passer extinct. 

Lamar Jackson is a prime example of a QB will come crashing down to reality once his mobility is compromised.  Mark my words there is no chance he adjusts and becomes an effective pocket passer once he loses a step.  His window for "success" is quite limited and I don't see any way that Jackson is a starting NFL QB at 35 years old.  

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Tell that to Tom Brady and his 6 rings and *Phillip rivers *LOL. 

You guys want flash and pizazz but I will say there are very few QB's who can adjust to becoming a pocket passer once their mobility is diminished.  While I agree that mobility and the ability to extend a play is a great asset but by no means is a pure pocket passer extinct. 

Lamar Jackson is a prime example of a QB will come crashing down to reality once his mobility is compromised.  Mark my words there is no chance he adjusts and becomes an effective pocket passer once he loses a step.  His window for "success" is quite limited and I don't see any way that Jackson is a starting NFL QB at 35 years old.  

Fffy 

would you believe that in Brady first 6 years he rushed for more first downs (66) than carr (39)?

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Fffy 

would you believe that in Brady first 6 years he rushed for more first downs (66) than carr (39)?

Cherry picking stats and Brady was on SB winning teams.  So yeah I would lay my neck on the line for a 1st down when more often too if it meant winning games.  Risking injury as a QB on trash teams is not a smart move for longevity.  

When you say that pocket passers are becoming extinct are you implying that prime Peyton Manning or Drew Brees would not have success in todays NFL? LOL  If you believe that I really have no idea what to tell you...

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Cherry picking stats and Brady was on SB winning teams.  So yeah I would lay my neck on the line for a 1st down when more often too if it meant winning games.  Risking injury as a QB on trash teams is not a smart move for longevity.  

When you say that pocket passers are becoming extinct are you implying that prime Peyton Manning or Drew Brees would not have success in todays NFL? LOL  If you believe that I really have no idea what to tell you...

Where did I say that pocket passers are becoming extinct? 

for lols brees had 48 rushing first downs first 6 years 

peyton had 37 first 6 yrs

those guys also have great pocket awareness 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Where did I say that pocket passers are becoming extinct? 

for lols brees had 48 rushing first downs first 6 years 

peyton had 37 first 6 yrs

those guys also have great pocket awareness 

Lol my bad, I've had a long week.  I thought you were the one who made the first post saying pocket passers were becoming extinct.  

I'm not sure what your point is though with the rushing first downs.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol my bad, I've had a long week.  I thought you were the one who made the first post saying pocket passers were becoming extinct.  

I'm not sure what your point is though with the rushing first downs.  

We were talking about carr scrambling for first downs then you chimed in about Brady being a pocket qb with 6 rings so I got curious about him scrambling for first downs.

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We were talking about carr scrambling for first downs then you chimed in about Brady being a pocket qb with 6 rings so I got curious about him scrambling for first downs.

And Manning had 2 less rushing 1st downs than Carr.  What's your point?

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Too bad Carr ain't Brady, maybe Carr should lay his neck on the line more often it could mean you know winning games.

I'm on trash team so I'm not going to give it all I got, sounds commendable.

39 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Too bad Carr ain't Brady, maybe Carr should lay his neck on the line more often it could mean you know winning games.

I'm on trash team so I'm not going to give it all I got, sounds commendable.

He was digging himself a hole lol

That’s not mamba mentality 

never saw Kobe hold back cause his team wasn’t stacked

think Frankie just admitted that carr is/was not giving it 100% because the team isn’t up to his standards. While everyone else on the team is giving it 150% dam near risking their life for a win.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN