MVP: Patrick Mahomes
DPOY: T.J. Watt
OPOY: Lamar Jackson
DROY: Chase Young
OROY: Tua Tagovailoa
CPOY: Ben Roethlisberger
COTY: Bruce Arians

On 2020-04-26 at 2:35 PM, notthatbluestuff said:

Posting in this one purely because it was started before the other one. Forum etiquette. Also I'm not going to double-check the win totals measure up exactly, because who cares? The real point is predicting how teams will stack up rather than exact win totals. 

AFC North
Baltimore 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Browns 9-7
Bengals 6-10

East
Buffalo 13-3
Miami 8-8
New England 7-9
NY Jets 6-10

South
Indianapolis 11-5
Tennessee 9-7
Houston 7-9
Jacksonville 4-12

West
Kansas City 14-2
Denver 10-6
LA Chargers 8-8
Las Vegas 7-9

1) KC
2) Buffalo
3) Baltimore
4) Indianapolis
5) Denver 
6) Pittsburgh
7) Tennessee 

NFC North
Minnesota 11-5
Chicago 10-6
Green Bay 8-8
Detroit 6-10

East
Dallas 12-4
Philadelphia 9-7
NY Giants 7-9
Washington 6-10

South
New Orleans 12-4
Tampa Bay 12-4
Atlanta 9-7
Carolina 5-11

West
San Francisco 11-5
Arizona 10-6
LA Rams 8-8
Seattle 7-9

1) New Orleans
2) Dallas
3) San Francisco
4) Minnesota
5) Tampa Bay
6) Arizona
7) Chicago 

I really like the look of these predictions. Really well done.

Things of note:

The only change I would make is flipping Tennessee and Indianapolis, and Chicago and Green Bay as well (I just don’t think Chicago is a very good team, while I think Tennessee is a very good team who will look to replicate last years success).

Just to piggy back off your post, I really think we see a regression in Seattle and Green Bay, record-wise. I don’t think the Packers were as good as their record indicated. They didn’t impress me when I watched them (and I watched quite a bit). They’re a solid team, but not nearly 13-3 good. I think they’ll come back down to Earth and win 9-10 games. I can also see this Rodgers turmoil continue to be a story as the season progresses (it wouldn’t surprise me if he demanded a trade eventually). Seattle’s record should regress as well, just for the sheer fact they won an imbalanced amount of 1 score games (10-2 in the regular season decided by 8 points or fewer); I just don’t see how they could maintain that for another season. You could argue that Russell Wilson makes the difference and is mostly responsible for that discrepancy, but even still, I don’t envision it continuing at that pace. History calls for a regression to the mean. 9-7 feels about right for them (though they are still a Super Bowl caliber team as long as Wilson is the QB). 

Arizona could be a really interesting team as well, as I expect big things from that offense. 10 wins might be a tad rich for my blood, but I understand the appeal. They are just stuck in a very tough division right now with two formidable foes (Seahawks, Rams) and what looks to be a perennial Niners team leading the ranks. 

I buy into the Buccaneers hype. Maybe not as a title contender but more as a legitimate playoff team. Lost in all this hoopla and hype is their defense, which is kind of underrated at this point and will only get better with a better functioning offense to rely on. 

Dallas I buy into as well. They’re just way too talented on both sides of the ball to stall again, right? Right? That offense is going to be incredibly tough to stop and their defense has always been good. If any year is Dallas’ year, it’s probably 2020. Speaking of the NFC East, I think Philadelphia improves on their record from a season ago. Even with how good Dallas looks that division will come down to the wire. The fact Wentz was able to do what he did with the hand he was dealt was remarkable. If they can remain healthy they’ll be back and better than before. Buffalo I buy into. Extremely well coached team that made some nice additions this offseason. I think they finally knock off New England for the division crown. Speaking of which, this Patriots team is too much for even the GOAT to handle. The defense should regress (partly because they have no where to go but down), and the offense was bad last year with Brady. I can’t see how they’d be better without him. Lastly, I like Denver too as a sneaky playoff team assuming Lock continues to blossom on an upward trajectory. They’ve got the makings of a good young squad.

The rest is standard template that looks good to me.

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I really like the look of these predictions. Really well done.

Things of note:

The only change I would make is flipping Tennessee and Indianapolis, and Chicago and Green Bay as well (I just don’t think Chicago is a very good team, while I think Tennessee is a very good team who will look to replicate last years success).

Hey, thanks. As far as the Titans and Colts, I had to put the Titans at 9-7 just because it's their thing. Mostly though, I'm a Colts fan and I think (or maybe just hope) that Rivers will be able to do some damage with Frank Reich behind a better offensive line than he's maybe ever had. Hilton and Pittman should be great weapons for him. And I just think the Bears will have a bounce-back year while the Packers come back to Earth a little. 

On 4/27/2020 at 12:19 PM, NJC33 said:

I get it's Belichick, but any other team would be accused of tanking..

I just don't see how some people can still have them going 10-6 with Hoyer/Stidham and a poor supporting cast. Fortunately, I do believe Belichick is enough to keep them out of the Lawrence sweep stakes. The AFC East should be a lot more competitive this year, not to mention the overall SOS is night and day. 

Totally agree... Patriots will be looking at 6 or 7 wins. Not just because of lack of weapons and Tom Brady leaving. But whats not getting a lot of coverage is Patriots lost some key pieces on defense.  Honestly they have the worst roster in the division. I think having Belichick will allow them to probably finished 3rd in the division this year but they are gonna be pretty bad. However their secondary is gonna be really good.

• Like 1

Ravens 11-5
Steelers 9-7*
Bengals 9-7
Browns 8-8

Broncos 12-4
Chiefs 10-6*
Chargers 6-10
Raiders 5-11

Colts 10-6
Titans 10-6*
Texans 6-10
Jags 3-13

Patriots 10-6
Bills 9-7
Dolphins 7-9
Jets 6-10

Cowboys 11-5
Giants 9-7*
Redskins 8-8
Eagles 6-10

Buccaneers 13-3
Panthers 8-8
Saints 8-8
Falcons 4-12

Packers 9-7
Vikings 9-7*
Lions 7-9
Bears 3-13

49ers 12-4
Cardinals 10-6*
Seahawks 8-8
Rams 5-11

No idea if the wins/losses add up even but this is a very general sense of how I'm feeling

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The Dallas Cowboys and post draft hype, name a better duo, I'll wait.

....?

In the past 6 seasons they've finished 1st in their division 3 times and 2nd in the division twice. I get you're an eagles fan but predicting the Cowboys to win that division isn't exactly a stretch. Especially considering the division last year was won at 9-7...

Edited by Ray Reed

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

....?

In the past 6 seasons they've finished 1st in their division 3 times and 2nd in the division twice. I get you're an eagles fan but predicting the Cowboys to win that division isn't exactly a stretch. Especially considering the division last year was won at 9-7...

I'm of the small minority belief that they got worse this off season. And since I firmly believe that, how can I support a team winning a division they couldn't win last year with a better team than this one, and against their top competition in the Eagles who were starting and playing guys like Shelton Gibson, Rob Davis, Greg Ward, Deontay Burnett, and a clearly not ready JJ Arcega Whiteside? CB was almost as bad with injury for us as WR. If the Cowboys couldn't win last year, with LITERALLY everything in their favor, with the deck stacked perfectly for them, then how in the world could I possibly think they are the favorites for this year, a year in which (as I stated above) I firmly believe they are a worse team? They couldn't take grasp and dominate statistically the worst division in NFL history last year, with a better team. Sorry, just not buying it.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm of the small minority belief that they got worse this off season. And since I firmly believe that, how can I support a team winning a division they couldn't win last year with a better team than this one, and against their top competition in the Eagles who were starting and playing guys like Shelton Gibson, Rob Davis, Greg Ward, Deontay Burnett, and a clearly not ready JJ Arcega Whiteside? CB was almost as bad with injury for us as WR. If the Cowboys couldn't win last year, with LITERALLY everything in their favor, with the deck stacked perfectly for them, then how in the world could I possibly think they are the favorites for this year, a year in which (as I stated above) I firmly believe they are a worse team? They couldn't take grasp and dominate statistically the worst division in NFL history last year, with a better team. Sorry, just not buying it.

I think the answer to your question most people would point to is that they went from Jason Garrett to Mike McCarthy as their head coach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

A truncated off season Mike McCarthy vs an established Jason Garrett? Hmm

Yeah idk man it feels like it's been pretty universally accepted for a few years now that the clapper has been one of the poorer head coaches in the league...to each their own

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah idk man it feels like it's been pretty universally accepted for a few years now that the clapper has been one of the poorer head coaches in the league...to each their own

He was a bad coach, but it's hard to deny that installing an entire new offense under these circumstances will be trying.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He was a bad coach, but it's hard to deny that installing an entire new offense under these circumstances will be trying.

McCarthy kept Kellen Moore as OC and play caller in Dallas-  so while there are always tweaks, much will remain the same