Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

18 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

When everyone is high on the Chargers they underperform. When everyone is low on them, they prove everyone wrong (atleast regular season). I really hope this season happens.

Your options are Tyrod Taylor, or a Rookie whom many are skeptical about. I just can't see it happening in any way frankly.

15 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

Eagles - 6-10

I really can't see this happening. Even if we get decimated with injuries, I just can't see any way that we're worse than last year. We didn't lose much, and added a lot, and really can't be any more injured than we already were. Maybe with some bad bounces I could see them being as low as 7-9 (still unlikely IMO), however I just can't see any possibility of being that poor of a football team.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Everybody on that cowboy jock. Keep it comin.

They definitely have the pendulum swinging their way by the nature of the NFC East not having repeat division winners. Their defense is incredibly suspect this year, but the offense is scary. If Dak has a bad game, they are almost assured to lose.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I really can't see this happening. Even if we get decimated with injuries, I just can't see any way that we're worse than last year. We didn't lose much, and added a lot, and really can't be any more injured than we already were. Maybe with some bad bounces I could see them being as low as 7-9 (still unlikely IMO), however I just can't see any possibility of being that poor of a football team.

Agreed. You guys are pretty good in the trenches, where football matters most. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

They definitely have the pendulum swinging their way by the nature of the NFC East not having repeat division winners. Their defense is incredibly suspect this year, but the offense is scary. If Dak has a bad game, they are almost assured to lose.

Lamb and Diggs are not gonna be as good as people think. I had both going right where I thought and had Lamb as the biggest project WR, even more so than Ruggs. You can talk about Lamb being physical all you want, the fact is he needs to put on serious muscle mass and isn’t that strong right now. His speed is average, and he played almost no press coverage in the Big 12. He’s a big time project. The only complete ready receiver was Jeudy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Like in the moment while the draft was happening I was like wow they're killing it. Now that I take a step back and look at it, the only pick that really impresses me is Lamb. Diggs is like the one corner of the unanimous top 10 I really didn't want. He's just kinda meh and inconsistent. But he's a Bama guy so ppl love him even though they produce trash pro corners. Looking at the off season as a whole, they got worse in more spots than they've improved since last season ended.

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. You guys are pretty good in the trenches, where football matters most. 

Pretty good is an understatement. I'm confident in saying we're top 5, probably top 3 when you combine overall OL+DL. Like you said, where football matters most.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

You'd think this was a bold predictions thread. 6-10 my dude do you watch football?

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Pretty good is an understatement. I'm confident in saying we're top 5, probably top 3 when you combine overall OL+DL. Like you said, where football matters most.

I would agree, but how much does the left side of your OL concern you?  And how much does Graham's age and Derek Barnett not being good concern you?

On 4/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, BayRaider said:

NFC East:

Washington Redskins 11-5

Philadelphia Eagles 10-6

Dallas Cowboys 5-11

New York Giants 3-13

Alright, alright.. I know. Ridiculous. This hinges on Alex Smith, though. I'm in the 5% minority that thinks he comes back. And he'll take Haskins job by Week 4 who I think is horrible (sorry Redskin fans). Reports come out all the time he's still on pace with his comeback and he still wants to play. You can give Alex Smith all the flak you want, this man QB's playoff teams. And he was also 6-2 on this Redskin team before injury. Add in Ron Rivera, one of the very best Head Coaches in football. And Chase Young... look what happened with the 49ers and Nick Bosa last year. I actually really like the Redskin Roster as well.

This pick will probably change depending on Alex Smith's situation.

As for the Giants, Gettlemen gets axed. And the Cowboys? They lost Byron Jones and picked a WR in the 1st Round.... plus I'm not sold on McCarthy even a tiny bit...

Alex Smith 100% isn't playing football this year.  And it's more likely than not he never plays again.

I don't think we'll be a good team this year but, if Haskins develops like I think he will and we have a strong 2021 draft, I think we'll become perennial contenders starting next year.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would agree, but how much does the left side of your OL concern you?  And how much does Graham's age and Derek Barnett not being good concern you?

Alex Smith 100% isn't playing football this year.  And it's more likely than not he never plays again.

I don't think we'll be a good team this year but, if Haskins develops like I think he will and we have a strong 2021 draft, I think we'll become perennial contenders starting next year.

Link? Everything I’ve read is he’s trying to make a comeback. 

On 4/25/2020 at 7:29 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

Wow, some of your predictions are just flat out terrible.  

Where are yours?

Looking forward to them.  

There's no way Pittsburgh is going to win the AFC North.  Yeah, they'll probably be 2nd, but no way that they're going to be better than Baltimore. 

Baltimore just had the best draft of any team in the league.  Their talent is absolutely stacked. 

I think the Ravens win the AFC North, but saying they had the best draft is nothing but your opinion.    Its fine if you believe that, but none of the drafted talent is proven whatsoever.    Most teams who have the best drafts ON PAPER dont usually end up having the best draft when its all said and done.

Yeah, Ben comes back, but he's limping back.  Pittsburgh just keeps patching up Ben and putting more bubble wrap around him and he's "good to go!"  

Um....he is actually as healthy as he has been in years.   

He is definitely getting older, but he has had elbow issues for years. and the surgery helped.

And regardless, if healthy, he will still be 10x better than what we had in 2019..

And, I honestly don't understand why you would put Washington at the top of the NFC East.  Dallas has ten times more talent than they do, and they finally have a coach that can get them where they need to be.  

But seriously, Dallas has amazing talent on both sides of the football.  And, for you to not be sold on Mike McCarthy is a joke when he won a Super Bowl right after shipping Favre for Rodgers.  McCarthy is the best thing that has happened to Dallas in 20 years.  

I wouldn't be so quick to write Chicago off at 5-11.  If Nick Foles wins that starting job, look out.  

They have a defense with potential, so all they need is a QB to set them on course.  Not saying that they'll win their division with Foles, but they could be good enough to make the playoffs.  

And, I have some serious issues with your predictions for the NFC South.  

While I honestly didn't think Brady would get close to clinching the south whenever he got to Tampa Bay, things have changed significantly since they invited Gronk to the party.  

However, Brees still has more talent and youth around him than Brady does.  They just grabbed a big target for Brees and a great linebacker for the defense.  Although New Orleans was sitting pretty comfortable before the draft, they definitely acquired some attributes.  

And, having Atlanta go as bad as 6-10 is just simply inaccurate.  

Gurley is one of those dual purpose RBs that's going to add another dimension for Matt Ryan.  While the competition is tough in their division, I don't think they're going to be as terrible as you're labeling them.  

Again, post your "perfect" predictions and we can revisit them after the season.    

My guess is you wont.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Link? Everything I’ve read is he’s trying to make a comeback. 

No link. Just based on everything I’ve seen, heard, and read. 

Including this (might want to not scroll down if you’re squeamish):