Trent Williams traded to 49ers

Trent William's was gonna do what if the Redskins didn't trade him? Play or Retire! Those were his only options. Please stop saying the Redskins had no Leverage. They had the power to decide what was gonna happen with Trent's money! If Trent really did turn down a trade to the Vikings yesterday, I would've cut talks off then on a trade! You play or you Retire! 

Now you give Trent the privileged to play for a team just coming out the SuperBowl and who lost their LT for a 3rd and 5th round pick! That's BS!! 

The Culture still stands Redskins are a joke around the league! 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Trent William's was gonna do what if the Redskins didn't trade him? Play or Retire! Those were his only options. Please stop saying the Redskins had no Leverage. They had the power to decide what was gonna happen with Trent's money! If Trent really did turn down a trade to the Vikings yesterday, I would've cut talks off then on a trade! You play or you Retire! 

Now you give Trent the privileged to play for a team just coming out the SuperBowl and who lost their LT for a 3rd and 5th round pick! That's BS!! 

The Culture still stands Redskins are a joke around the league! 

Option 3: Hold out another year, have his contract expire, and sign wherever he wanted.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Option 3: Hold out another year, have his contract expire, and sign wherever he wanted.

I'm fine with that oppose to letting him go protect another teams "Franchise QB" instead of my own while he's still playing at a Elite level. 

We don't know for sure he was gonna sit out 2 consecutive season's. He'd have to prove to me and the rest of the league he was Serious about that option. 

Sitting out 2 consecutive seasons hurts his Main Goal, getting a new deal. This is why I doubt Seriously he was gonna do that. 

And again you traded him to a team losing their top LT for just a 5th and 3rd round pick. His value to the 49ers should've went up to at least two 3rd round picks after losing Staley. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We’re up to about $35M right now after the trade. 

Unfortunately, the top available players are still going to want to get paid market value next offseason as well, so we’ll likely just be rolling that cap space over and sitting on it — aside from signing a few gritty, culture guys who, with any luck, will out-grit and out-culture even the gritty, culture guys we signed this year.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

We don't know for sure he was gonna sit out 2 consecutive season's. He'd have to prove to me and the rest of the league he was Serious about that option. 

There was little to no reason for him to come in this season. Especially without the training and learning the new system. So, while I don't know for certain, I think it was a strong bet.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Sitting out 2 consecutive seasons hurts his Main Goal, getting a new deal. This is why I doubt Seriously he was gonna do that. 

Principles.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And again you traded him to a team losing their top LT for just a 5th and 3rd round pick. His value to the 49ers should've went up to at least two 3rd round picks after losing Staley.

At the same time, Washington didn't have much leverage. We only found out about Staley retiring after the trade was finalized. 49ers played it right; Washington did not. This is where they end up.

Just now, Woz said:

There was little to no reason for him to come in this season. Especially without the training and learning the new system. So, while I don't know for certain, I think it was a strong bet.

Principles.

At the same time, Washington didn't have much leverage. We only found out about Staley retiring after the trade was finalized. 49ers played it right; Washington did not. This is where they end up.

they did right by Staley all of the years he played, so he did them a huge favor. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Unfortunately, the top available players are still going to want to get paid market value next offseason as well, so we’ll likely just be rolling that cap space over and sitting on it — aside from signing a few gritty, culture guys who, with any luck, will out-grit and out-culture even the gritty, culture guys we signed this year.

This is also probably true lol