Pick #109 is in: G, John Simpson, Clemson

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

The rushed to trade up for him because they need to replace Gabe Jackson since they are trading him to the Jags for Yannick

I'm going to hold you to this. Please tell me you have your special insight/source that says this is happening? 

I haven't looked at guards extensively, but he is a guy a lot of the media really liked in this range. And the 3rd to 4th round can really be the sweet spot for finding high level guard play. I'm on board always with OL depth and continuing to have guys in the wings that can take over for a guy thats overpaid (Jackson) or aging (Incognito). Carr requires a high functioning OL and Jacobs will enjoy running behind this guy. Very good pick IMO. He falls into the category of picks I really like along with Ruggs (even I would have preferred Lamb) and Edwards. I like the Arnette pick. I'm lukewarm on Boden, and wasn't a huge fan of where we took Muse though I do love his athletic upside at LB down the road I would have preferred a guy that can bring more to the table sooner. 

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm going to hold you to this. Please tell me you have your special insight/source that says this is happening? 

Lo oh no please don't. This is a total guess. But rational considering they rushed to trade up for him.