Pick #109 is in: G, John Simpson, Clemson

RaidersAreOne

On 4/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, jimkelly02 said:

There’s a good chance now that Kush and Devey don’t make the cut.

Miller, Parker

incognito, John Simpson, kush, cotton

hudson, James, Devey, magnuson

jackson, good, kalis

brown, sharpe

we still need 1 OT for camp and I think we’ll see magnuson+kalis at RT some in camp too.  We usually carry 15 on the 90 man roster.  Usually 3 at every position.

As for potential UDFAs: 

Price Tango W goes undrafted and we get him.... he was a 1st rounder to many people but never evolved from a raw prospect)

Alex Taylor- raw, low level school but he’s our body type for a OT

Calvin Throckmorton- played like every position, nfl g/c

Daryl Williams- prolly a center

jake Hanson- center

yeah one spot will go to James or Devey. I would prefer James because he was solid last year, and Gruden raved about him. Guy was a 5 star athlete who converted from LT and looked good at center. I prefer him due to age, have him for cheap on a rookie deal. Kush looks to be on the outside looking in with Good, Simpson as backup Guards. Can Kush or Devey play any tackle? I didn't realize Devey is 6'5 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 4:05 PM, raidr4life said:

Exactyly no need to rush Simpson let him back up at LG and whether it 2021 or 2022 we have LG of the future and insurance in case of injury

What if he balls out at training camp and out played Jackson and Incognito? Does he start or is he a back up?

6 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Unless they plan on only carrying 10 linemen or only 3 tackles, we are going to see one of Gabe/Good let go

I can't see anyway that we let go of either of those guys. Good is likely going to be a starter here in 2021. Jackson might be moved in TC for a pick if they can get good value. If we only carry 9 OL I'd predict: 

OT - Brown | Miller | Sharpe

OG - Jackson | Incognito | Good | Simpson 

C - Hudson | Devey 

Good can play RT in an emergency situation if needed. Although personally I'd like to see us carry 10 OT. I would've liked to have seen us spend a mid round pick on an OT this year to be honest. Someone like Matt Peart in the third round would've been awesome. 

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I can't see anyway that we let go of either of those guys. Good is likely going to be a starter here in 2021. Jackson might be moved in TC for a pick if they can get good value. If we only carry 9 OL I'd predict: 

OT - Brown | Miller | Sharpe

OG - Jackson | Incognito | Good | Simpson 

C - Hudson | Devey 

Good can play RT in an emergency situation if needed. Although personally I'd like to see us carry 10 OT. I would've liked to have seen us spend a mid round pick on an OT this year to be honest. Someone like Matt Peart in the third round would've been awesome. 

i think your list has the 9 best linemen, but it ultimately makes more sense to have 4 tackles than 4 guards (especially since Devey also plays both spots, so effectively 5 guards). will be interesting to see how things unfold given the changes to game day rosters and practice squad rules. has Good actually played RT in the NFL?

Edited by Turnobili

16 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i think your list has the 9 best linemen, but it ultimately makes more sense to have 4 tackles than 4 guards (especially since Devey also plays both spots, so effectively 5 guards). will be interesting to see how things unfold given the changes to game day rosters and practice squad rules. has Good actually played RT in the NFL?

I agree that it makes sense to keep 4 OT and 4 OG. But Sharpe is a solid swing tackle that can play either spot and Parker is abysmal. Good was actually supposed to be the Colts starting RT, IIRC he started like 8 games for them there but dealt with injuries. I'd just hate to let go of Good who's 3 years younger than Devey and could be a long-term starter here. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that it makes sense to keep 4 OT and 4 OG. But Sharpe is a solid swing tackle that can play either spot and Parker is abysmal. Good was actually supposed to be the Colts starting RT, IIRC he started like 8 games for them there but dealt with injuries. I'd just hate to let go of Good who's 3 years younger than Devey and could be a long-term starter here. 

agreed, i like Good, and i think there's a (no pun intended) good chance that he and Simpson are our starters in 2021 or 2022. I think moving Gabe makes sense on paper but should have been done pre-draft or during FA for cap flexibility

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1