Browns select TE Harrison Bryant at 115

zelbell

he moves smoothly for someone so big, if he can learn he will be awesme for Baker around the line of scrimmage like a taller Zach Ertz, you can never have enough big targets, especially for shorter QBs. He also has a great mentor in Austin Hooper. 

Our 3 TE set has a lot of receiving potential Noku, Hooper, Harrison. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

he moves smoothly for someone so big, if he can learn he will be awesme for Baker around the line of scrimmage like a taller Zach Ertz, you can never have enough big targets, especially for shorter QBs. He also has a great mentor in Austin Hooper. 

Our 3 TE set has a lot of receiving potential Noku, Hooper, Harrison. 

3 tight end set up plus are full back and watch 3and 2 become 1st and ten

• Like 2

I’m sure Bryant was a good blocker in college where he played. Until he develops his body a bit though, he is going to get tossed around in the NFL. I don’t really even think we are going to trust him to run block next to a tackle until down the road. I don’t think we will use them like that. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m sure Bryant was a good blocker in college where he played. Until he develops his body a bit though, he is going to get tossed around in the NFL. I don’t really even think we are going to trust him to run block next to a tackle until down the road. I don’t think we will use them like that. 

No but chipping a DE on pass plays is something they couldn’t even figure out last year. Lets start there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Im chalking him up to a pass catching TE that you flex out.

Still, having Hooper/Njoku/Bryant seems like OD of the TE group unless they just decided to not renew Njoku contract

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

If he develops he will be a good player.  That is an if.  Also at this point if you have a third round grade on a player you take them.  Anything day 3 of the draft should be considered depth/back up at best.

he is athletic enough and has good hands.

we are used to taking guys like Nate Orchard, small, but slow, in he mid rounds. beats that by a lot. 

On 4/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I was just about to mention that Bryant was actually a very good blocker. He was recruited as an OT and moved to TE so some of the evaluations I've read had him as an very good blocker. I'll look up the link for that now 

Beat me to posting this a couple of day's ago.

Functional strength is a good thing, but when it comes to blocking Technique is almost as important. Greg Robinson was one of the most functionally strong guy's in the NFL, his technique is some of the worst in the NFL. When you compare Joe Thomas and Trent Williams, Trent is the much more physically gifted Athlete, but Joe Thomas is one of the top 3 technically sound lineman I ever saw play in the NFL (Bruce Mathews and Randal McDaniel, the NFL's last 280lb Olineamn).

And I think that our new TE has the want to, and a GOOD base in technique, having played OT up until college.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Beat me to posting this a couple of day's ago.

Functional strength is a good thing, but when it comes to blocking Technique is almost as important. Greg Robinson was one of the most functionally strong guy's in the NFL, his technique is some of the worst in the NFL. When you compare Joe Thomas and Trent Williams, Trent is the much more physically gifted Athlete, but Joe Thomas is one of the top 3 technically sound lineman I ever saw play in the NFL (Bruce Mathews and Randal McDaniel, the NFL's last 280lb Olineamn).

Technique and effort account for a lot of you have the requisite physical ability.

I still think he’s a year or two away from being capable of being a “good” blocker, but he can be effective.

Luckily he’s another player who’s being drafted into a situation where they’re likely to have the time they need to make the necessary improvements before being thrown into the fire.

• Like 2