The Nation vs Mayock (Gruden) 2020

drfrey13

Using Fanspeak (for FS # value) and knowing what I wanted...

12) WR Jeudy (FS#9) was my #1 WR and all three were on the board. I like the Ruggs (FS#11) pick though, especially with getting Edwards later.

19) DE Gross Matos (FS#17) is who I wanted every time I did Fanspeak drafts so he'd be my pick. I wanted to trade up but not possible in this structure. Arnette (FS#65)

80) CB Dantzler (FS#74) as we needed a CB and he's a baller just didn't test well, but that tape. Bowden (FS#115)

81) WR Edwards (FS#83) was an EXCELLENT pick and a great place to double dip.

100) LB needs to be addressed and Troy Dye (FS#125) is the way to go. Muse (FS#138)

109) I wouldn't have traded up but we did so... Was tempted to get a QB and Amik was also tempting. I'm not sure but DT Fotu (FS#89) Simpson is good (FS#72)

139) CB Amik (FS#121) was another excellent pick. I wanted to go with Biadasz (FS#110) but to add another dog in the secondary is too good to pass up.

So Arnette was the reach as everybody knows...Bowden also a bit of a reach but understandable as he's a weapon. Muse seemed like a big reach but Fanspeak had him in the ballpark. Simpson seems like an excellent trade up and we add another Tiger. So overall the draft isn't horrible but Arnette put such a bad taste early so....

This is what I think I would have done in real time given the players available. I wouldn't have traded up for Simpson but would have looked to get into the 2nd or early 3rd, lot of my value prospects went there coincidentally, by the end of the 3rd and into the 4th Id be on my backup plan players with the exception of Robertson:

1-12 Ceedee Lamb WR - I thought he was the best available WR and we gad our choice of any.

1-19 Jaylon Johnson CB - I would gave tried to trade back and still take him but if no trade back available I thought ge was the best fit.

3-80 Bryan Edwards WR - Double dip after Pittman went earlier than I expected, better value with Edwards here and really liked both so win/win.

3-81 Zach Moss RB - Quality runner to spell Jacobs and guys like Ashtyn Davis and Logan Wilson were gone who would gave been preferred options.

3-100 Amik Robertson CB -  I would have pulled the trigger earlier, kudos to Mayock and Gruden for getting the extra value. Love this kid.

4-109 Troy Dye LB - My preferred LB options were gone and would have liked Davis Gaither a couple picks earlier but he's my next best as I wouldn't have looked at CB or WR again.

4-139 Netane Muti OG - Would have liked to kept the 5th and drafted him there but he can sit, heal and learn behind Incog for a year. I would have been short of options here!

Would have been a very difficult draft for me as it seemed all my favourite mid round prospects were picked just before our picks so I'd be lying if I knew for certain in the heat of the moment but this is what I would probably have panicked and done 😁😁

• Like 2

We need to get everyone from the board to put there choices.  Especially the guys that will be complaining about Carr needing more weapons or our defense is why our offense sucks.  I want it on the record for everyone who will be complaining by week 4-6 because we could have had someone else.  I do not want to call out specific people but feel free to challenge posters who you have argued with in the past to come and put down who they would have taken.  It will be easy to look back at with debates.  I am probably going to go back through sometime in the next week or 2 and create a list of everyone's choices this year and last year from the 2 threads.

• Like 2

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma 

I still feel like he was the best WR in the draft and will be more productive than Ruggs. 

19 - Damon Arnette | CB | Ohio State

Was considering Gladney or Johnson here but I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt. 

80 - Zack Moss | RB | Utah

I just think a more traditional RB would've made sense here, especially with another WR at the next spot. 

81 - Bryan Edwards | WR | South Carolina

I love this pick so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here again.

100 - Terrell Burgess | S | Utah

Muse was a huge reach and a guy that projects almost strictly as a STer. Burgess looks like a future starter at S. 

109 - John Simpson | OG | Clemson 

Looks like a future starter so I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt.

139 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

My favorite pick in the draft so I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma 

I still feel like he was the best WR in the draft and will be more productive than Ruggs. 

19 - Damon Arnette | CB | Ohio State

Was considering Gladney or Johnson here but I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt. 

80 - Zack Moss | RB | Utah

I just think a more traditional RB would've made sense here, especially with another WR at the next spot. 

81 - Bryan Edwards | WR | South Carolina

I love this pick so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here again.

100 - Terrell Burgess | S | Utah

Muse was a huge reach and a guy that projects almost strictly as a STer. Burgess looks like a future starter at S. 

109 - John Simpson | OG | Clemson 

Looks like a future starter so I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt.

139 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

My favorite pick in the draft so I'll give Mayock the benefit of the doubt. 

I think you missed the point of the thread. 

It’s what you would of done, in real time, based off your own boards and previous posts. 

I feel as if any Raider Fan telling me they would of picked Arnette at 19, while being on the clock, is just not true. I’ve never seen anyone on this forum even remotely discuss Arnette at 19. However, I think you just misunderstood the thread, and you’re not trying to claim you would of picked Arnette yourself. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

I would have picked Lamb or Jeudy, but I’m interested to see how we use Ruggs. Only picked I didn’t really care for is Muse. I’m fine with all the others. Was fine with them taking Annette where they did. I love the Bowden pick and Robertson pick. Simpson is good depth and could take over for Richie in a year or so. He’s getting kinda old. And Edwards I like too. 

Once again Mayock reads my mind or I read his,. and takes the guy who's speed you can't teach and big WR in the 3rd round. Pittman was my first choice, but didn't last that long, Edwards was on my list aswell.

12. Henry Ruggs

19. Jaylon Johnson

80. Bryan Edwards

81. Zach Moss

100. Amik Robertson

109. Solomon Kindley

139. Bradlee Anae