Official UDFA Thread

candyman93

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Geesh

That’s double what UDFAs normally make.

They must really like his odds of making the team.

If we signed every udfa to that and cut them all it's still just like 2 million dollars. Not much for an NFL franchise to absorb, might be worth it to assure you get the guys you want to take a look at. One hit and it was more than worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horseunit said:

@Mind Character  Tell me more about Tony "Touchdown" Brown WR Colorado.  I know you were really high on this guy.  You think he can make the team as a 3rd or 4th receiver?

His size and slight frame is likely going to limit coaches want-to give him snaps to let him display his talents.

However, when he gets his shot what he has is elite route running skill and probably the best route sense, technique and spatial awareness of any WR in the draft.

He's not a burner. But he's quick in and out of breaks and does magical work at the top of his route.

He's a fierce competitor and will go get it and bully defenders with a major size advantage on him.

His skillset is more as an outside WR so that may limit his ability to stick on a roster given that teams would likely want a WR3,4,5 to be a quick twitch slot jitterbug.

Blast from the past that didn't have a successful career due to injury issues, but he reminds me of a slower better ball skills version of Mark Clayton, WR Oklahoma.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

His size and slight frame is likely going to limit coaches want-to give him snaps to let him display his talents.

However, when he gets his shot what he has is elite route running skill and probably the best route sense, technique and spatial awareness of any WR in the draft.

He's not a burner. But he's quick in and out of breaks and does magical work at the top of his route.

He's a fierce competitor and will go get it and bully defenders with a major size advantage on him.

His skillset is more as an outside WR so that may limit his ability to stick on a roster given that teams would likely want a WR3,4,5 to be a quick twitch slot jitterbug.

Blast from the past that didn't have a successful career due to injury issues, but he reminds me of a slower better ball skills version of Mark Clayton, WR Oklahoma.

I decided to watch some youtube film today. Will report back 

edit: me gusta

Edited by MistaBohmbastic
  • Like 1

Jameson Houston had a fantastic year this last year. He was a true lockdown corner. But he is not a playmaker at all. Only 1 (2 if you don’t count the crooked refs in Austin), career pick and very little production his first 4 years. Physical corner.

Had to cover Raegor, Lamb, and Tylan Wallace this past year. Raegor had 1 catch and like 2 yards. Wallace was limited.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Jameson Houston had a fantastic year this last year. He was a true lockdown corner. But he is not a playmaker at all. Only 1 (2 if you don’t count the crooked refs in Austin), career pick and very little production his first 4 years. Physical corner.

Had to cover Raegor, Lamb, and Tylan Wallace this past year. Raegor had 1 catch and like 2 yards. Wallace was limited.

Sounds pretty good to me for an UDFA.

19 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Well we paid AJ Green, and then this guy seems incredibly promising (relative to UDFA's). All our CBs are either on rookie deals or 1-yr deals outside of Money Mitch. I would imagine they'll have some healthy open competition there.

• Like 1