> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Above all else I want a player at 6 that makes defensive coordinators go “Man, how are we going to stop that guy????”

When was the last time this team had an offensive player like that? 

Universally like that? TO. Historically not a franchise strength. The only other ones that come to mind are Randall Cunningham, Steve van Buren and Harold Carmichael.

Shady and peak Desean were close. But our gameplan would keep Shady contained some weeks and Desean missed games or just wouldn’t show up for stretches.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Above all else I want a player at 6 that makes defensive coordinators go “Man, how are we going to stop that guy????”

I agree 100%

I rather draft an impact player that we have been lacking forever. I we had a competent GM I ´d be okay with trading back but since we suck, I want the best prospect possible. 

On 3/10/2021 at 5:43 AM, IrishHooligan00 said:

I would say 12th @ Worst - But 9th @ best just to pick ahead of DAL and NYG.

The order of who i want in the 1st:

Chase , Parsons, Pitts, Smith , Sewell

Its basically Jamar Chase vs Micah Parsons for me.

Miami probably takes Chase and we aren't taking Parsons.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If that's the goal you could argue Pitts and Waddle would strike the most fear in a defensive coordinator.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If that's the goal you could argue Pitts and Waddle would strike the most fear in a defensive coordinator.

I think all 4 of them (Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Smith) have that quality for different reasons.

Chase- catch point and Rac

Pitts- complete matchup nightmare

Waddle- speed

Smith- route running and football IQ

It's just a matter of what traits you think will transfer the best to the NFL. To me, I think that physical and matchup dominance is what I think this offense has so sorely lacked which is why I personally value Chase and Pitts higher

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think all 4 of them (Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Smith) have that quality for different reasons.

Chase- catch point and Rac

Pitts- complete matchup nightmare

Waddle- speed

Smith- route running and football IQ

It's just a matter of what traits you think will transfer the best to the NFL. To me, I think that physical and matchup dominance is what I think this offense has so sorely lacked which is why I personally value Chase and Pitts higher

Yeah. Waddle you can put YAC too.

It's a good year to need an offensive player in the top 10-15 whether a weapon, quarterback, or lineman. 

I agree with your top 2. I just don't want to mess this pick up and I feel safer with Pitts, but I think Miami is gonna go Chase anyways. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. Waddle you can put YAC too.

It's a good year to need an offensive player in the top 10-15 whether a weapon, quarterback, or lineman. 

I just don't want to mess this pick up and I feel safer with the Pitts pick. 

the track record of speed reliant WR's is a little nerve racking. 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

the track record of speed reliant WR's is a little nerve racking. 

Who's the last good speed reliant WR taken in the first round to be good? The most recent that come to mind are Ross, Ruggs, Reagor and Brown and they're all pretty bad and/or have shown very little. 

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Who's the last good speed reliant WR taken in the first round to be good? The most recent that come to mind are Ross, Ruggs, Reagor and Brown and they're all pretty bad and/or have shown very little. 

Not sure if some are SPEED guys but heres some names. Hollywood brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, Fuller, Watkins , Cooper, Beckham, Cooks, Julio, Maclin , Harvin, Ginn, S.Holmes, Stallworth, S.Moss

That's going back to 2000 to now. Some are bigger Wrs but got some legs too. Smaller speed guys have not been great draft picks in the 1st. This is just a list of guys that had decent success to big careers 

The only justification I can see for Pitts at 6 is his potential at WR. And with that, I’m here for. If we can’t land Chase, I’ll take Pitts. I’m really not into getting the 2nd WR with the 6th pick. I like those other guys. Don’t love them. Too early for Parsons. Maybe a trade back and get Smith? I dunno 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not sure if some are SPEED guys but heres some names. Hollywood brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, Fuller, Watkins , Cooper, Beckham, Cooks, Julio, Maclin , Harvin, Ginn, S.Holmes, Stallworth, S.Moss

That's going back to 2000 to now. Some are bigger Wrs but got some legs too. Smaller speed guys have not been great draft picks in the 1st. This is just a list of guys that had decent success to big careers 

I think we're talking about two different types of prospects because I wouldn't categorize anyone outside of Fuller and Ginn, both which have either sucked or been underwhelming, in the speed reliant category. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

The only justification I can see for Pitts at 6 is his potential at WR. And with that, I’m here for. If we can’t land Chase, I’ll take Pitts. I’m really not into getting the 2nd WR with the 6th pick. I like those other guys. Don’t love them. Too early for Parsons. Maybe a trade back and get Smith? I dunno 

I’m very much Chase and if not Pitts. If both are gone there are guys I’m fine with but yeah hope a QB is there to get some extra picks for.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I still have faith in Reagor, but yeah the track record for speed receivers isn't great. I do think Waddle is a better prospect than those guys, but its a fair point. I don't have him over Pitts and/or Chase for our pick at 6, but I still like Waddle a good amount. Just don't think we need another speed receiver. I'd like to see what we have in the guys we got. Chase or Pitts would add another element.

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I still have faith in Reagor, but yeah the track record for speed receivers isn't great. I do think Waddle is a better prospect than those guys, but its a fair point. I don't have him over Pitts and/or Chase for our pick at 6, but I still like Waddle a good amount. Just don't think we need another speed receiver. I'd like to see what we have in the guys we got. Chase or Pitts would add another element.

I don't see it with Waddle - he is fast, no doubt about that but as far as being a top receiver, worthy of a top 10 (I'd even say top 20) pick? I don't see it. 

I also agree with don't need another speed receiver so the debate is kind of moot anyways. 

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I think we're talking about two different types of prospects because I wouldn't categorize anyone outside of Fuller and Ginn, both which have either sucked or been underwhelming, in the speed reliant category. 

I understood was just posting other guys with some good speed. Obviously not elite like you were talking about. The list would be 0 if we're talking about elite speed lol. The Hills and DJacks are very rare. Especially Hill. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
  • Like 1

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <