> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

I guess the comparison you would try and make to justify a top 10 pick would be Marvin Harrison who was also an older prospect and somewhat similar BMI. Nuanced receivers that just get open and have great hands. I do think we need a more nuanced receiver and Smith might be the most in this class. Chase and Waddle have higher upside though. Really would’ve loved to see Waddle dominant this season. So mad he went down with an injury. He was a lot of fun before he went down.

Searched Smith and Harrison on Twitter and saw this.

Now could he be an outlier like Marvin? Yeah. Not sure he’ll ever be THAT good, but he could be Harrison-lite possibly as he’s a very complete receiver. I don’t think he’ll be a bust by any means. Think he would be a fairly safe pick. He’s definitely better than those other guys coming out lol. I would want to hedge my bets and trade down if he’s our guy. Assuming we are picking like 7-10

I need to start watching day 2 or early day 3 type LB prospects cause we probably are gonna be out of range for Parsons and likely wouldn’t take him even if we could.

BTW are you guys locked in on a position in the first or is it just BPA? I think we have too many holes to just focus on only receivers. If a WR is BPA, then fine, but we need a lot of pieces on defense. Who knows if Slay will be here for another contract. Our other corners suck. McLeod played pretty well this year, but he only has 1 more year left. The other safety spot isn’t solidified either. Our LBs are all pretty bad. The best has probably been Singleton a former CFL guy. Not a given we bring back Barnett and Graham is up there. We are cool at DT, but that’s about it.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only thing is there isn’t a safety or linebacker (excluding Parsons) worth a top 10 pick if we stay the same.  I think it’s gonna come down to WR, DE, or CB.

I agree. I think their top targets will be Chase, Surtain, Farley, Smith, and Rousseau. 

12 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wouldn’t be shocked, but I wouldn’t feel confident in that either. His frame is a little concerning iyam and he’s an older prospect too. Not sure we’ve ever seen with that low of a BMI dominant at the NFL level or even been a pro bowler. His all around game is great. Not the most athletic receiver to come out of Bama by any means, but his hands are amazing and his releases are great and route running is pretty sharp. Plays bigger than his size, but I don’t think I’m burning a top 10 pick on him. I’d rather get Olave (since he was just brought up in that comparison) who is 2 years younger and a similar receiver in the 2nd.

FWIW, I think Olave goes in the first, currently WR4 for me. 

McLeod tearing his ACL only makes me want Moehrig with our 2nd round pick that much more. Been clamoring for us to take a safety prospect somewhat early the past few years. Hopefully it finally happens. Wish we had an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder right now cause we have so many needs.

50 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This appears to be a weak S at the top with some good value to be had in that 3-5 round area 

Good bc that's the only place we seem to be willing to draft them. Though it might be a new regime, doubtful though. I need to start grinding tape on these guys. I genuinely enjoy doing so. I'll be focusing on CB, S, WR, LB initially until we have more info on who we may be interested in.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <