> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Panthers pick 4th right now and he might make a lot of sense for them.

Yeah them or the Phins (Texans)

Tough with the Panthers being a big part of what would keep us out of the playoffs. 
There is a decent chance Green Bay has the 1st seed wrapped up, maybe the Saints sit people week 17 against them to get a bye for their old team? 

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah them or the Phins (Texans)

Tough with the Panthers being a big part of what would keep us out of the playoffs. 
There is a decent chance Green Bay has the 1st seed wrapped up, maybe the Saints sit people week 17 against them to get a bye for their old team? 

Phins could also take Chase. We could be looking at one of the corners or DEs. 

47 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Panthers pick 4th right now and he might make a lot of sense for them.

IDK man, literally every single draft pick they made last year was already on defense, they gotta be looking more offense IMO.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

There is a good chance teams trade up for QBs though. So we could have 5 picks being the 4 QBs and Sewell.  Then we will get to choose from 2 of Parson, Surtain, and Chase. 

That's the great thing for us - there's 6 first round QBs in this draft (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask and Lance) and a few QB needy teams (SF, DEN, CHI, NE) are picking in the teens. I thinking you'll see a few top 5 prospects drop to the 6-12 range. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

That's the great thing for us - there's 6 first round QBs in this draft (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask and Lance) and a few QB needy teams (SF, DEN, CHI, NE) are picking in the teens. I thinking you'll see a few top 5 prospects drop to the 6-12 range. 

And also a bunch of teams trying to trade ahead to take said QBs, leaving a glut of prospects falling to us. 

If we are picking somewhere in the 4th to 7th range and Zach Wilson or Trey Lance are on the board and another team wants to move up a bit to secure their guy, then I'm down as hell for a trade down, even if its not amazing value. Give me more goddamn picks. We need them. Badly.

This roster has to be retooled in the worst way, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Then, I'd trade Ertz to the highest bidder.

Not sure someone will offer something enough  for Carson to move the needle for us. I'm not moving him for just a 3rd or 4th rounder like I've seen people talking about or even worse the people suggesting we have to attach a good pick to Wentz to get another team to take him...... no. If someone comes calling with a good offer, then at that time you consider it if they believe in Hurts and you do your best to get him a receiver and spend most of the rest of the draft on the other side of the ball.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

13 hours ago, Danger said:

IDK man, literally every single draft pick they made last year was already on defense, they gotta be looking more offense IMO.

Sewell makes more sense for Car, imo, if somehow the Bengals pass on him. I think the Bengals could take also take Parsons at 3 if they keep the pick and sign an OL or two in FA.

Edited by Jeezla

Round How acquired 
 1 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Eagles own pick 
 3 Eagles' own pick 
 5 Eagles' own pick 
 5 From Cowboys 
 6 Eagles' own pick 
 7 Eagles' own pick 

So, this is our picks going into next years draft.

We also have two 6th round comp picks coming to us for Howard and Darby.

Maybe we can get a  late 2nd or early to mid 3rd for Ertz.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
 Round How acquired 
 1 Eagles' own pick 
 2 Eagles own pick 
 3 Eagles' own pick 
 5 Eagles' own pick 
 5 From Cowboys 
 6 Eagles' own pick 
 7 Eagles' own pick 

So, this is our picks going into next years draft.

We also have two 6th round comp picks coming to us for Howard and Darby.

Maybe we can get a  late 2nd or early to mid 3rd for Ertz.

You're a liar

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sewell makes more sense for Car, imo, if somehow the Bengals pass on him. I think the Bengals could take also take Parsons at 3 if they keep the pick and sign an OL or two in FA.

I love Parsons, but taking a MLB over a LT in the top 3? I don't know about that one.

Patrick Willis went 11th

Luke Kuechly went 9th

Ray Lewis went 26th

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I love Parsons, but taking a MLB over a LT in the top 3? I don't know about that one.

Patrick Willis went 11th

Luke Kuechly went 9th

Ray Lewis went 26th

Parsons is also a 3rd down pass rusher. And it's a weak defensive class outside of CB and maybe ILB. Parsons #3 overall wouldn't surprise me. The Cards use Simmons purely as a LB, and they took him 8th. Parsons is a better field general LB, and can rush the passer.

Edited by Jeezla

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <