Grade Our Draft, what other teams draft did you like the most, and your favorite non Browns pick

brownie man

Grade Our Draft   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Grade our draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I’m giving us a A+

we hit it all out of the park

this was the most complete draft I’ve even seen from a Browns draft. Top to bottom we drafted with value and purpose. We brought in talent at basically every position we needed and made a couple great trades to position us for next draft as well. 

I would say the teams who’s draft I loved would be the Colts. If Jacob Eason can take a year sit behind Rivers, develops, and hits they will have made out. 

My favorite non browns pick. I think it’s Denzel Mims to the Jets. I’m not a big Mims fan, but to get him in the 2nd after passing on receiver to draft Becton is great value. Especially because they had a huge need for weapons for Sammy D

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

I gave it an A.

I think Willis and Delpit are the only two you look at and expect them to start year one (Willis day one, Delpit before too long). The rest are depth options brought in to develop, which is a great situation.

Most of you know I’ve long admired how the Steelers have seemingly always had a plan in place and draft players with the intention of them sitting a year or two. They’re never taking big gambles on FA because the plan ahead and develop talent.  This draft appears to have those intentions.

I realize these guys won’t all pan out, but I think we took players who at least have a great chance at succeeding in our system and with our current roster setup.

• Like 1

I give us an A-

1st Round was an A+

2nd Round Getting a 4th to move back and still get “our guy” was a great move. I prefer Winfield but like Delpit. A-

3rd Round is a C. I like our DT but give the Phillips pick a D-.

Day 3 was an A. Great value and plans for those kids going forward.

I think the Giants had the best draft. They got 2 OTs I really liked in Thomas and Peart.

Draft: B

I am warming up to Jedrick Wills. Absolutely loved Harrison Bryant and DPJ picks. They will pay off in a big way 1-2 years from now. Rest  of the draft was meh... I will need to wait and see, but none of those guys will be rushed and can develop properly.

Free Agency: A

Berry hit a home run in free agency. Amazing job by him. Conklin is an instant upgrade at RT. Hooper will be a steady presence for Baker. The best move was not caving into stupid national media pressure and trading away OBJ.

If we sign Clowney, free agency becomes an A+

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I give us an A-

1st Round was an A+

2nd Round Getting a 4th to move back and still get “our guy” was a great move. I prefer Winfield but like Delpit. A-

3rd Round is a C. I like our DT but give the Phillips pick a D-.

Day 3 was an A. Great value and plans for those kids going forward.

Pretty much this. Round 3 was underwhelming but I liked the rest of our picks. I also preferred Winfield but I'm still on board with Delpit. If he plays like he did in 2018, then we got ourselves a steal.