2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We should have a decent group of defensive prospects to pick from at #17. 

Kwity Paye | DL | Michigan

Jaycee Horn | CB | South Carolina

Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

Trevon Moehrig | FS | TCU

Zaven Collins | LB | Tulsa

Azeez Ojulari | Edge | Georgia

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | LB | Notre Dame

Caleb Farley | CB | Virginia Tech 

Greg Rousseau | Edge | Miami (FL)

Micah Parsons | LB | Penn State

I just don't want Kwiti Paye or any of the linebacker

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we miss on FS in free agency I'm going to place a prop bet on Trevon Moehrig being our pick at #17. 

He's good but I actually like Richie Grant better than him. 

I also don't want to see the Raiders draft anymore corners(Unless maybe a nickel)

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He's good but I actually like Richie Grant better than him. 

I also don't want to see the Raiders draft anymore corners(Unless maybe a nickel)

IIRC Arnette played a ton of slot CB at Ohio State when Ward, Lattimore, and Okudah played outside. It wasn't until his final season that he played outside full time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We should have a decent group of defensive prospects to pick from at #17. 

Kwity Paye | DL | Michigan

Jaycee Horn | CB | South Carolina

Christian Barmore | DT | Alabama

Trevon Moehrig | FS | TCU

Zaven Collins | LB | Tulsa

Azeez Ojulari | Edge | Georgia

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | LB | Notre Dame

Caleb Farley | CB | Virginia Tech 

Greg Rousseau | Edge | Miami (FL)

Micah Parsons | LB | Penn State

I doubt Farley or Parsons are there and I would consider Moehrig both a reach and not a scheme fit (or redundant with Abram). I suppose he could play slot corner but I don't love him there. I would consider Barmore a reach as well, albeit more reasonable. JOK would be redundant with Abram or Littleton, in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would consider Moehrig both a reach and not a scheme fit (or redundant with Abram). 

Moehrig would be a reach but if we miss on a FS in free agency taking him at #17 would fit what we've done the past two drafts where we've reached for need in the 1st. 

I disagree that he's not a scheme fit though and he's not similar to Abram. 

From the draft network

Moehrig is a free safety that has satisfied multiple roles for TCU. A consistent and urgent single-high player, he's a free flowing mover that's at his best when able to patrol the middle of the field. 

Ideal role: Starting FS

Scheme fit: Heavy cover 1 or cover 3 FS

From NFL.com

Very talented height-weight-speed prospect with the range and ball skills to become an impact defender at the next level. Moehrig possesses the overall talent to play in a variety of coverages, including over the slot against big targets, but his talent might be best served as a high safety where his instincts and anticipation lead him to the football. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Arnette played a ton of slot CB at Ohio State when Ward, Lattimore, and Okudah played outside. It wasn't until his final season that he played outside full time. 

That's true and that's really good but my thing is when he did play outside he was better than everyone in college that season from a completion percentage standpoint. And he didn't play scrubs either. So I would actually rather have him on the outside And maybe sign a veteran corner to come in play the slot. I like to where they were going with AJ Bouye

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

That's true and that's really good but my thing is when he did play outside he was better than everyone in college that season from a completion percentage standpoint. And he didn't play scrubs either. So I would actually rather have him on the outside And maybe sign a veteran corner to come in play the slot. I like to where they were going with AJ Bouye

One of the issues with Arnette playing on the outside though is that he has really short arms and isn't that fast. IIRC he had the slowest 40 time and shortest arms of any CB taken in the 1st in recent draft history. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Moehrig would be a reach but if we miss on a FS in free agency taking him at #17 would fit what we've done the past two drafts where we've reached for need in the 1st. 

From the draft network

From NFL.com

No one can deny that Moerig would be a scheme fit for sure. The reason why I like Richy Grant better is He is a better tackler And he played single high more from what I seen on film.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd like Grant at #48, interested to see what his 40 time ends up being.

Me too that's going to be a key thing to watch with Grant

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One of the issues with Arnette playing on the outside though is that he has really short arms and isn't that fast. IIRC he had the slowest 40 time and shortest arms of any CB taken in the 1st in recent draft history. 

Yeah but when you look from a film perspective those things don't matter when you can lock down T Higgins 6'4 & Justyn Ross 6'4 with Trevor Lawrence throwing him football in high stakes game. 

Edited by Jeremy408

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

From the draft network

From NFL.com:

I disagree with the draft network's evaluation. Based on what I have seen of Moehrig, he is best as a pattern-matching split high safety. Although a player doesn't necessarily have to play a position in college in order to succeed at it in the NFL, I do not see Moehrig as possessing the skills to succeed as a single high safety--especially when he did not fill that role at TCU.

I also disagree with Lance Zierline's assessment that Moehrig is a H/W/S prospect. He has good height and weight, but I don't see him as particularly fast. Abram is probably faster and bigger than Moehrig. I do agree that he is over-aggressive and often takes bad angles to the ball.

Also, I did not say he was similar to Abram, but that he is redundant with Abram if he plays the strong safety role.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I doubt Farley or Parsons are there and I would consider Moehrig both a reach and not a scheme fit (or redundant with Abram). I suppose he could play slot corner but I don't love him there. I would consider Barmore a reach as well, albeit more reasonable. JOK would be redundant with Abram or Littleton, in my opinion.

How is Moerhig redundant with Abram? Moerhig has the ability to play single high FS. He would be a fine fit next to JA as a safety duo moving forward. I do believe he's a slight reach at 17 but not because he doesn't fit well with JA. 

• Like 1