2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I fear that we'll take Jalen Mayfield at 17.  He's an athletic Right tackle from a big school but a 3rd round prospect. 

Demetric Felton Is a prospect we need to get.  Replace Richard.  Slot RB run running back. He's good enough to play WR.  

Perfect for a 3rd down back. Could be the player they wanted Lynn Bowden to be. 

Cornell Powell is a Clemson WR that I really like.  Got YAC ability. Think he'd fit in well with Edwards and Ruggs.  Speed guy, big catch guy and YAC guy. 

2 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I fear that we'll take Jalen Mayfield at 17.  He's an athletic Right tackle from a big school but a 3rd round prospect. 

If we're going to take an OT in the 1st round I'd bet it's Rashawn Slater if he's available or Teven Jenkins if he's not. 

If we don't address FS in free agency I'd bet my entire life that Trevon Moehrig is the pick at #17. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we're going to take an OT in the 1st round I'd bet it's Rashawn Slater if he's available or Teven Jenkins if he's not. 

If we don't address FS in free agency I'd bet my entire life that Trevon Moehrig is the pick at #17. 

Slater goes in the top 10 without a doubt. He's currently the best Tackle in the class, not potential just day 1.   Franchise player. 

Best case is Darrisaw or Jenkins. Bur Juedy and Lamb was the best case last year and we took Ruggs.

FS is such an important position I can't see us not getting somebody in FA.

Edited by OnlyGlove

2 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Slater goes in the top 10 without a doubt. He's currently the best Tackle in the class, not potential just day 1.   Franchise player. 

Best case is Darrisaw or Jenkins. Bur Juedy and Lamb was the best case last year and we took Ruggs.

I'd say Sewell is pretty clearly the best OT in the draft probably followed by Slater. I honestly think we'll address RT in free agency though, a ton of guys have been cut and we should be able to sign a solid starter to a reasonable deal. 

PFF grades for the 2020 Season for 2019 Draft Picks 4-13

4-Clelin Ferrell 76.1

5-Devin White 48.1

6-Daniel Jones 78.4

7-Josh Allen DE 69.6

8-Hockenson 75.4

9- Ed Oliver 45.8

10 Devin Bush 59.7

11 Williams, Jonah 70.1

12 Rahsan Gary 68.1

13 Christian Wilkins 68.9

I watched a lot of coach film on white, very overrated. world class speed but not good vs pass, vs run he's decent when not off balance. 

didn't realize how inconsistent he was to be honest. anytime I've seen him he's explosive and making big plays.

50 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The more I've seen of Levi Onwuzurike, the more I've fallen in love with the idea of potentially landing him at #48. 

Agree with you again on this.  I really like the idea of adding a Lawson or Reddick, finding a serviceable starter at RT in free agency. There's just a ton of quality starting caliber guys there and I don't believe we need to invest a first or second round pick if we can land a quality starter for a year or two in free agency and use our other resources to sorting out the defense. 

I would go all in on sorting out the DL this off season. To me that's the biggest key to fielding a great defense. I would go as far to say something like signing Reddick or Lawson, drafting Ojulari at 17, signing a Rankins or Short (the cheaper less ceiling stop gap that could give us a year or two of good production), and then taking Onuwuzurikie at 48. 

Some would say that is overkill, but I would totally be on board with it. Signing a stop gap with potential like Boston or Hooker at safety and drafting a guy to develop behind them in the third or the fourth. If we could land a Lawson/Reddick or even an Ingram, paired with Ojulari, while retaining Crosby and Ferrell and then a Rankins or Short plus Levi on the interior we would turn a real weakness into a potential strength. We would have a great mix of interior and edge pressure, veteran presence, and fresh, new blood to be able to come in and play to their strengths. That's a ton of versatility as well with guys that could play on the edge, on the interior, and even some LB. 

Something that would be the quickest way to making the defense at least average and I think we would quickly see our secondary is a fair amount better than they have looked at times with a bad pass rush. 

A front 4 of

EDGE: One of Lawson/Reddick/Ingram, Ojulari, Crosby, Ferrell

INTERIOR: Rankins/Shortt, Levi, Irvin, Hurst, and bringing back Hankins or someone comparable

That's super enticing to me. And I don't think on the DL it would be too much spent on the defensive front. Mainly because of the versatility. Ferrell, Irvin, Levi, and Ojulari can all play either some DT, DE, or LB. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, roi34 said:

4-Clelin Ferrell 76.1

5-Devin White 48.1

6-Daniel Jones 78.4

7-Josh Allen DE 69.6

8-Hockenson 75.4

9- Ed Oliver 45.8

10 Devin Bush 59.7

11 Williams, Jonah 70.1

12 Rahsan Gary 68.1

load of junk. Daniel Jones sucks 

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

4-Clelin Ferrell 76.1

5-Devin White 48.1

6-Daniel Jones 78.4

7-Josh Allen DE 69.6

8-Hockenson 75.4

9- Ed Oliver 45.8

10 Devin Bush 59.7

11 Williams, Jonah 70.1

12 Rahsan Gary 68.1

I will agree that White takes a lot of false steps but those grades seem pretty off.  I would still take him over every other player on that list and it is not close.

7 hours ago, roi34 said:

4-Clelin Ferrell 76.1

5-Devin White 48.1

6-Daniel Jones 78.4

7-Josh Allen DE 69.6

8-Hockenson 75.4

9- Ed Oliver 45.8

10 Devin Bush 59.7

11 Williams, Jonah 70.1

12 Rahsan Gary 68.1

PFF is garbage. You can't watch White in the playoffs and not come away seeing a star LB in the making, sorry

Edited by big_palooka