Russell Okung, Panthers

Darryl Williams, Billsm

Cameron fleming, Giants

Bobby Massie, Bears

Kelvin Beachum, Cardinals

Matt Feiler, Steelers

Long FA former bear

believe titans release starting OT too. 

all different ages and quality but a lot of depth and starter quality there, plus ones I missed.

Edited by roi34

1 hour ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Right tackle is a tough position to fill, a lot of players coming out of college are LT or listed left tackle. The fumbles Carr had last year were ridiculous, I think they need a RT in the draft. 

We wanted Trent Brown to come to training camp and earn his roster spot. We are also reportedly trying to renegotiate his contract down from $14M and he ended up working it down to $11M with New England so I'd assume we were asking him to take around the same amount. 

Daryl Williams played well for the Bills last season and we could likely sign him in free agency on like a 3 yr/$30M deal. He was an All-Pro in Carolina that struggled a little bit after his knee injury but returned to form last year and he's only 28. 

If we're looking for a veteran stop gap guy the Vikings just released Riley Reiff and there are a couple of other decent veteran starters on the market like Kelvin Beachum and Alejandro Villanueva. 

I'd actually be pretty happy with signing Williams and then targeting Wyatt Davis at #48. 

Miller - Incognito - Hudson - Davis - Williams

That'd be a damn good line. 

I think Ngakoue, Lawson, Okwara ... are better players than any OT available in FA. So i'd rather spend the money on them than the OT. All i've heard about for the last few months is how little we're spending on Defense compared to the Offense. The difference comes from the oline cost which has been made of more expensive vets. The dline is the exact opposite with mainly rookie contracts. Add to that the perceived value (no draft expert so only judging from the available prospect rankings out there) of the OTs in our range and it only makes sense to prioritize the dline in FA and look to adress the OL through the draft. Anyway, it's a fluid situation until we see how FA unfolds.

• Like 2

With Reilly Reiff being cut it almost makes it a foregone conclusion that Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw will be gone by the time the Raiders pick at 17. I consider Cosmi good value in that range and as good a prospect as any available edge, but I wouldn't mind Jenkins or Mayfield in a trade back.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We wanted Trent Brown to come to training camp and earn his roster spot. We are also reportedly trying to renegotiate his contract down from $14M and he ended up working it down to $11M with New England so I'd assume we were asking him to take around the same amount. 

Daryl Williams played well for the Bills last season and we could likely sign him in free agency on like a 3 yr/$30M deal. He was an All-Pro in Carolina that struggled a little bit after his knee injury but returned to form last year and he's only 28. 

If we're looking for a veteran stop gap guy the Vikings just released Riley Reiff and there are a couple of other decent veteran starters on the market like Kelvin Beachum and Alejandro Villanueva. 

I'd actually be pretty happy with signing Williams and then targeting Wyatt Davis at #48. 

Miller - Incognito - Hudson - Davis - Williams

That'd be a damn good line. 

He displayed some good things when he played, had some talent to him. I agree that there are better RT's playing, we got us some cap wiggle room that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, KlenlyKenny said:

He displayed some good things when he played, had some talent to him. I agree that there are better RT's playing, we got us some cap wiggle room that's for sure. 

Daryl Williams has legit been an All-Pro before and is 28.

8 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I think Ngakoue, Lawson, Okwara ... are better players than any OT available in FA. 

Ngakoue: Has had 10+ sacks in 1/5 NFL seasons and has publicly called out a teams general manager on social media. Not to mention the Jaguars sold him for pennies on the dollar, the Vikings sold him for pennies on the dollar, and the Ravens are willing to let him walk after trading picks for him after half of a season. Definitely seems like a culture fit and a guy we should invest $20M+ APY into. 

Lawson: Has been a complimentary pass rusher in Cincinnati that has only started 14/51 games played there. And in those 51 games he has a combined 20 sacks including 10.5 sacks in the last two seasons combined. He'll likely command $15M APY in free agency. 

Okwara: 20 sacks over a 5 year NFL career and his only 10+ sack season was last year in a contract year for a bad defense. Another guy that will likely command $15M+ APY in free agency when he has never proven to be a consistent pass rusher in the NFL. 

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

For the record, which one do we have to sign in order for you to become a Rams fan?

I'll support the Raiders either way. And I agree that we should sign a pass rusher, I'd prefer Leonard Floyd, Haason Reddick, or Melvin Ingram on the edge and then going hard after a guy like Devlin Tomlinson. Even if we do go OT in the 1st round I'd also prefer us to bring in a veteran guy like Beachum as an insurance policy. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd disagree with that. Daryl WIlliams and Mitchell Schwartz have both been All-Pro's recently at RT and they're both free agents. 

Schwartz wasn't a FA when i posted but the word is he's retiring. Williams was a 2nd team all pro in 2017. If you're going to discredit the edges for not being regularly dominant, you can't credit another guy for being an all pro once 4 years ago.

14 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Schwartz wasn't a FA when i posted but the word is he's retiring. Williams was a 2nd team all pro in 2017. If you're going to discredit the edges for not being regularly dominant, you can't credit another guy for being an all pro once 4 years ago.

Where'd you see that he's retiring, if so that's pretty crazy considering he's only 31. Williams was an All-Pro in 2017 and then dislocated his knee cap and tore his MCL which caused him to miss the entire 2018 season. He wasn't as effective for the Panthers in 2019 but played all 16 games and actually started games at LT, LG, and RG but was still feeling the effects of the injury and wasn't as effective so they moved on. 

In 2020 with the Bills he played so well that he forced Cody Ford who they had just invested a high draft pick in to guard. And had one of the highest pass blocking grades of any OT in the league last season according to PFF, IRC he only gave up 16 pressures and 3 sacks last year. 

Even the Bills GM admitted he was surprised at how well Williams bounced back. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/lists/buffalo-bills-free-agency-daryl-williams-jon-feliciano/

Following the season, Bills general manager Brandon Beane even admitted he did not foresee Williams being so good. He came out of nowhere, even to the team.

Edited by NYRaider

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Multiple reports saying Schwartz is likely to retire. If Williams is so good, he's going to be expensive.

Based on how things ended with Trent Brown and reports we wanted to restructure his contract when he took $11M from New England, I'm assuming we were willing to pay Brown $11M as well. I'd happily sign Daryl Williams to a 3 yr/$30M deal in free agency and secure the RT spot for a few years.