2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, OnlyGlove said:

Waddle would be our best WR. Would love him not going to lie.  Not as fast as Ruggs un a straight line. But he's change of direction and suddenness is incredible.   Best Alabama out the 4.  If he didn't get injured he'd have a better year then Smith

We still have so many holes across the defense and OL. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We still have so many holes across the defense and OL. 

FA is for the gaps. Draft is for the value. 

We get an average Tackle in the 1st that's great.  We'd then look at Waddle looking like a top 10 WR and we'd all moan we didn't take him.

Be like not taking Devin White because we needed a DE. 

Or going Arnette over Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen or Antoine Winfield Jr.

5 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

How often do first round WR's provide great value? 

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/4/23/21232643/success-rate-of-first-round-wide-receivers-this-century

Not an impressive list. Even with CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, and Justin Jefferson playing well the Cowboys, Vikings, and Broncos they are all picking in the top 15 again this year. 

14 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

We get an average Tackle in the 1st that's great.  We'd then look at Waddle looking like a top 10 WR and we'd all moan we didn't take him.

Be like not taking Devin White because we needed a DE. 

Or going Arnette over Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen or Antoine Winfield Jr.

we'll see. still have huge holes at G, RT, DT, FS.. let's see what happens the next few days

To add to the anti WR in the 1st round argument @OnlyGlove

Over the last 20 years only 8 1st round pick WR's have had 1,000+ yards. Their teams won an average of 6.5 games during their rookie season and only two of them AJ Brown (9-7 Titans) and AJ Green (9-7 Bengals) made the playoffs. The Bengals had a top 10 defense and the Titans had a respectable defense, we don't.

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

To add to the anti WR in the 1st round argument @OnlyGlove

Over the last 20 years only 8 1st round pick WR's have had 1,000+ yards. Their teams won an average of 6.5 games during their rookie season and only two of them AJ Brown (9-7 Titans) and AJ Green (9-7 Bengals) made the playoffs. The Bengals had a top 10 defense and the Titans had a respectable defense, we don't.

AJ Brown wasn't a first round pick. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raider said:

AJ Brown wasn't a first round pick. 

So I stand corrected, there has only been 1 first round pick WR to put up 1,000+ yards for a playoff team and the Bengals ranked 9th in yards allowed, 7th in points allowed, forced 22 turnovers, and had 45 sacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not a huge fan of going RT in the 1st round but I'd be happy with Dillon Radunz at #48 or Jackson Carman at #80.

I really like Darrisaw but value wise those two Or Eichenberg/ Leatherwood at 48 and Spencer Brown at 80 and Walker Little at 80/122 are just such good bargains.  

In my dream World.... we sign 3 out of: Kyle Long, Incognito, Good, Riley Reiff and draft 2 OLmen in maybe rounds 2-4 but probably 3-4.

If we don’t draft 2 OLmen this year I’ll pull my famous Draft Day meltdowns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

17. Trevon Moehrig | FS | TCU

48. Jamin Davis | LB | Kentucky 

80. Jackson Carman | RT | Clemson 

121. Osa Odighizuwa | DT | UCLA

162. Tedarrel Slaton | DT | Florida 

201. Jared Patterson | RB | Buffalo

242. Chris Rumph II | Edge | Duke

I love Jackson and Rumph picks, and would love Moehrig in a trade down.  Patterson is a very big like. 
I like Davis but think that’s 2 rounds 2 high, albeit I have seen him rising I just don’t agree with it.

7 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Waddle would be our best WR. Would love him not going to lie.  Not as fast as Ruggs un a straight line. But he's change of direction and suddenness is incredible.   Best Alabama out the 4.  If he didn't get injured he'd have a better year then Smith

After watching how Gruden failed miserably to get Ruggs involved, you wanna draft another WR.

• Like 1