2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hindsight is 20-20 but can you imagine if we would've went AJ Terrell at #12 and Justin Jefferson at #19...

Here's another game we can play... Are they as successful here as they were on their teams?  Scheme, coaching etc?

4 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

If he passes medical you take him and don't think twice. If he stays healthy he could easily be the Bosa of the draft. 

But could he drop in the draft. Teams won't get there own medicals and the will be a lot of unknown. Could be similar to Hurst. Especially with a deep edge class. 

Phillips or Barmore for me

8 minutes ago, Totty said:

Here's another game we can play... Are they as successful here as they were on their teams?  Scheme, coaching etc?

That's true. But Terrell was the best rookie CB and Jefferson was the best rookie WR, I think they both would've played just as good here. We were banking on Terrell making it to #19 and panicked with the Arnette pick once he came off the board. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

That's true. But Terrell was the best rookie CB and Jefferson was the best rookie WR, I think they both would've played just as good here. We were banking on Terrell making it to #19 and panicked with the Arnette pick once he came off the board. 

Wasn't Terrell's knock that he wasn't physical enough? 

4 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Teams won't get there own medicals and the will be a lot of unknown. Could be similar to Hurst. Especially with a deep edge class. 

Daniel Jeremiah said the league is bringing 150 guys to Indianapolis for medicals next month. 

Not a fan of Phillips in the 1st because of the injury history. 

Not sure how I feel about Barmore. More of a fan of Nixon, and rather get him in the 2nd. 

Got a feeling we're after Moehrig, which wouldn't be a bad pick, but hate to see us spend another 1st on a safety. 

Dark horse pick: Ronnie Perkins

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

Wasn't Terrell's knock that he wasn't physical enough? 

Yeah but CJ Henderson had the same concerns and he went 9th. He flashed as a rookie but missed half the season. Mayock has reached on Clemson players and had his chance to make a reach at #12 that would've actually worked out well and even screwed that up. 

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Got a feeling we're after Moehrig, which wouldn't be a bad pick, but hate to see us spend another 1st on a safety. 

Dark horse pick: Ronnie Perkins

Dark horse picks for me are either Richie Grant or Trevon Moehrig at #17 if we don't sign a starting FS in free agency. Has Gruden/Mayock written all over it. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jaylon Johnson was the best rookie corner last year, a great scheme fit (for PG), and he was available at 19. In 5 years he will be the best corner from the 2020 draft class. 

I wanted Ceedee and Jaylon Johnson in the 1st last year. In hindsight, I can live with the Ruggs pick but I’m still scratching my head over the Arnette pick. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing with Barmore is I can’t see why people think he’s a reach but somehow Paye is not.

Paye is a projected top 15 pick which is why he wouldn't be considered a reach. He's fairly polished in his technique, athletic and plays with excellent power. He's a day 1 starter who can play up and down the line. 

Barmore is going to struggle early in his career. While explosive, his technique needs time. He disappeared from a lot of games. Big iOL gave him trouble as he gets blocked one on one a lot. 

I think Barmore has upside to be a great player. But he's not a frp in my eyes and taking him 17 to shelf him a year or 2 would not be a good use of the pick.

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Paye is a projected top 15 pick which is why he wouldn't be considered a reach. He's fairly polished in his technique, athletic and plays with excellent power. He's a day 1 starter who can play up and down the line. 

Barmore is going to struggle early in his career. While explosive, his technique needs time. He disappeared from a lot of games. Big iOL gave him trouble as he gets blocked one on one a lot. 

I think Barmore has upside to be a great player. But he's not a frp in my eyes and taking him 17 to shelf him a year or 2 would not be a good use of the pick.

I’m on the fence with Barmore. He had been projected as a top pick. I remember seeing him going early in mocks before the season started - with the assumption that he would live up to his potential. Then covid and I think he had an injury or two. Stop - start first half of the season anyway. Then, he blew up down the stretch and played really well in the biggest games.

He’s trending up and definitely has traits you can’t teach. I agree though - I’d be nervous as to whether he would develop. Especially with our track record!

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

First off projections don’t matter once somebody gets drafted so saying someone’s projected to go here or there is all just hypotheticals

secondly he’s actually not very polished at all from film perspective he doesn’t really have any pass rusher moves other than he’ll occasionally try to shake the tackle or guard. A lot of the things he does well or actually in the run game (Which is not our problem we need to get to the quarterback).

thirdly I Actually agree with you that barmore might struggle early on but I can see Paye struggling early on from a pass rush perspective as well. That being said whoever we draft has to start and I do believe that Barmore would actually start.