2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

our offense was still very good with Sam FREAKING YOUNG. Our defense has sucked since I could remember. we actually have a chance to add a defensive cornerstone

And our defense was still bad with Khalil Mack. Point is, I don't think any of those defensive players, outside of Paye, make the team better than Darrisaw, Cosmi, or Jenkins would.

And I don't think you, or anyone, would like to go into the season with Sam Young as the starter at right tackle. Having a premium player at right tackle allows the offense so much more options on third and medium and third and long. You can always hide a lackluster right or left tackle, but that severely limits what you can do on offense.

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

And our defense was still bad with Khalil Mack. Point is, I don't think any of those defensive players, outside of Paye, make the team better than Darrisaw, Cosmi, or Jenkins would.

And I don't think you, or anyone, would like to go into the season with Sam Young as the starter at right tackle. Having a premium player at right tackle allows the offense so much more options on third and medium and third and long. You can always hide a lackluster right or left tackle, but that severely limits what you can do on offense.

I do like Darrisaw, he has grown on me. IDK about Cosmi, what you think his ceiling is? I like Vera Tucker as a option at RT too, probably my 4th OT. Jenkins meh.. he's a redshirt senior. if he is so good, why didn't he declare or play LT. His conference kinda sucks too 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I do like Darrisaw, he has grown on me. IDK about Cosmi, what you think his ceiling is? I like Vera Tucker as a option at RT too, probably my 4th OT. Jenkins meh.. he's a redshirt senior. if he is so good, why didn't he declare or play LT. His conference kinda sucks too 

Cosmi's ceiling is All-Pro, in my opinion. I really don't care that Jenkins is a redshirt senior or didn't play left tackle. Based on what I have watched, I see a dominant offensive lineman.

At the end of the day, the goal should be making the team better, not necessarily making the defense better. I think it's likely that Darrisaw, Cosmi, or Jenkins makes the team better than any other player who might be there. I also think, with respect to edge rusher, the team could draft a player at 48 within earshot of a player at 17. I do not think that is the same case for tackle.

Edited by Rich7sena

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This is Jon Gruden we're talking about, he doesn't care about defense. 

Funny thing is I was just thinking about how not too long ago (before Hudson rumors) the fanbase here was all about drafting the D but now were debating Oline...So if we do go oline heavy in the draft, Gruden decided to fix what he broke. I wonder what great saying we will get out of him with this...'Pass rushers are hard to find' might gret replaced with 'pass blockers are hard to find' which Hudson and Gabe excelled at...HUMMM LOL 

Edited by G

Just now, G said:

Funny thing is I was just thinking about how not too long ago (before Hudson rumors) the fanbase here was all about drafting the D but now were debating Oline...So if we do go oline heavy in the draft, Gruden decided to fix what he broke. I wonder what great saying we will get out of him with this...'Pass rushers are hard to find' might gret replaced with 'pass blockers are hard to rind' which Hudson and Gabe excelled at...HUMMM LOL 

Hudson and Jackson definitely took a step back in 2020. It made sense to move on from Jackson but the Hudson move as well as the James extension where horrible. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

weak conference. most of the competition will be Substitute Teachers this fall. LOL

So a guy has to play at a big school to be successful in the NFL? I think that a lot of guys from big schools are actually over drafted because they look better playing alongside a ton of NFL talent. 

• Like 1