2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Mixed bag, the vertical and 3-cone are suspect, but everything else is very good. His 3-cone time is weird because he looks pretty twitchy/bendy on tape. Also pretty strange that he had such a great broad jump number but such a low vertical jump number. 

Him coming in at 250 with 34.5" arms and doing 28 reps is impressive though. For comparison Khalil Mack was 251 with 33.5" arms and did 23 reps at the combine. Mack was also 23 at the start of his rookie year while Ojulari will only be 21. 

Ok thanks. The broad jump and vertical results are definitely weird.

43 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

R1- Vera Tucker RG

r2- Walker Little - RT 

Who would be mad? Right side of the line would be set for the next decade

I would be disappointed for sure. 1) We're fine at RG with Good and even Parker who I think can play guard pretty well, and 2) I have no idea if Walker Little can play. I would rather just draft Vera-Tucker to play RT if he's the pick in round one and pick an edge rusher in the second (Tryon, Roche, Oweh, Ossai, etc.).

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

R1- Vera Tucker RG

r2- Walker Little - RT 

I think Walker Little would be a great gamble in R2. Probably my favorite Tackle in the draft behind Sewell if it wasn’t for his ridiculous injury history. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Oweh isn't much of a football player compared to these other guys. Definitely a project.

True, his floor basically is complete and utter bust. However, I think his ceiling is higher than any defensive player in this draft (not saying he’s likely to hit it, just saying it’s there). 

Basically the 100% polar opposite type of prospect of Ferrell that was high floor and low ceiling.  

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

R1- Vera Tucker RG

r2- Walker Little - RT 

I wouldn't necessarily be mad, but I think this is a fairly decent OL class (particularly at T). Vera Tucker can probably play both himself anyway. 

On the flip side, other spots we have needs are going to be tougher to address rounds 3-7. 

Now, if Little fell to the mid 3rd....take him and laugh all the way home. But if our 1st goes to the OL, our 2nd really needs to go towards D.

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We drafted David's brother and that worked out fairly well....

But I agree with you lol

Yeah but that was a different team. If Houston never drafted David Carr, no question what so ever Houston picks Derek with the 1st pick of the 2nd Round. 

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

True, his floor basically is complete and utter bust. However, I think his ceiling is higher than any defensive player in this draft (not saying he’s likely to hit it, just saying it’s there). 

Basically the 100% polar opposite type of prospect of Ferrell that was high floor and low ceiling.  

Pass. The other edge guys have a really high floor and good ceilings as well. Owen may be had in the 2nd round as well, even with the 40 time.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't even be mad if we double dipped on OL in the first two rounds. 

Something like:

Vera-Tucker at #17 | Radunz/Eichenberg at #48

or

Darrisaw/Mayfield at #17 | Wyatt Davis at #48

Darrisaw/Davis wouldn't upset me at all. Just think we need a FS in the 2nd but the Oline would look REALLY GOOD with any of those additions but your D&D would make me happiest. Just really like the depth of this draft and a Davis/Eichenburg with trading out of the 1st would suit me just fine but if LB Collins is there in the 2nd I'm taking him over the oline because I think he's special too.

Jets, Jags and Browns all have picks I'd like to trade down to. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dear Mayock,

Please do not draft Obi’s brother in Round 2. Been there, done that. 

So if you date a blonde and it doesn’t work out you don’t date a blonde again?

Obi brother is actually more talented and way better 

11 minutes ago, G said:

Darrisaw/Davis wouldn't upset me at all. Just think we need a FS in the 2nd but the Oline would look REALLY GOOD with any of those additions but your D&D would make me happiest. Just really like the depth of this draft and a Davis/Eichenburg with trading out of the 1st would suit me just fine but if LB Collins is there in the 2nd I'm taking him over the oline because I think he's special too.

Jets, Jags and Browns all have picks I'd like to trade down to. 

This is Jon Gruden we're talking about, he doesn't care about defense.