2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jamar Johnson is a guy I been watching a lot lately. Not a first or second or not even a 3rd round pick, but kid got some talent. He is nice 

He’s not a bad player to draft in the 6th.... I admit I’ve only watched his highlights on YouTube but he seemed to have good....albeit not super.... range from single high.  He scares me as a tackler a bit.... he’s not timid but he can do the old grab em by the waste and try to toss him down move.... he did have some of his better games versus top competition like Michigan and OSU.

Qwynterrio Cole is someone in intrigued a bit by for a possible UDFA signing....  there’s not really any good tape of him to watch... these FCS/D3 videographers are trash.  He’s supposedly 6’3 190 although he very could come in at 6’1. 

Im still Hoping we transmission a guy like Trill Williams or Israel Mukuamu as a mid round pick.... not to be the starter but as a developmental pick.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Cosmi's ceiling is All-Pro, in my opinion. I really don't care that Jenkins is a redshirt senior or didn't play left tackle. Based on what I have watched, I see a dominant offensive lineman.

At the end of the day, the goal should be making the team better, not necessarily making the defense better. I think it's likely that Darrisaw, Cosmi, or Jenkins makes the team better than any other player who might be there. I also think, with respect to edge rusher, the team could draft a player at 48 within earshot of a player at 17. I do not think that is the same case for tackle.

I don’t want to get into a thing.... I’m just sincerely interested in your opinion...

Is it that you think Leatherwood and Eichenberg and even Radunz will be gone by 48 or that you don’t think their good enough to start immediately?

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

At this point I'm 200% interested in a trade down. We should still be able to grab Moehrig or an OT we like even if we move down. 

I ALWAYS endorse trade downs, especially with our long standing penchant at taking massive reaches while tending to find decent talent in the middle rounds so long as Mayock doesn't treat the draft like the NCAA 2012 Dynasty mode offseason where you recruit an ATH and switch their position to whatever you need. 

I'd be fine trading our 1st for a package of a couple 2nds and 3rds or whatever. Gimme those day 2 picks all day! Considering how even guys most of this forum seem fond of almost all come with the caveat of "I wouldn't be upset, but...", it would probably wind up pleasing almost everyone. 

Looking at the moves Jacksonville has made in FA and their trove of picks....I'm jealous. Reminds me of what Miami was recently doing. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hudson and Jackson definitely took a step back in 2020. It made sense to move on from Jackson but the Hudson move as well as the James extension where horrible. 

I don’t get why we extended him...

we extended a UDFA who has only had 118 snaps in two years.... and all last year..... and he’s a RFA next year!  Just let him start his 2nd game ever and see how it goes!   Exactly what did he do in PRACTICE to warrant more money?  Who extends a UDFA after year 2 with such limited game snaps when they still have 2 more controlled years at a rate of 850k and can have a 2nd round tender of 3.6M placed on him. 

It was reported as 3y, 12.5M with 6M “guaranteed” but is only from ‘21 to ‘23..... according to spotrac.  If their right that makes the deal even worse!

The only way this makes any sense at all is if it’s for years ‘22,’23,’24

‘21: Keeps Same salary (850k)

’22: 3.6M salary/roster bonus

’23: 4.3M- minimum salary, big roster bonus

’24: 4.6M minimum salary, big roster bonus

I know this isn’t a big deal.... won’t make or break us.... but geeeze this move seems stupid AF initially.  Maybe the way it’s structured it’s not that bad but just the idea of extending James Erks Me.  It’s almost like it’s a PR move with a ton of Monopoly money he’ll never see and was done to save face so they can say “we really like him.... We wanted to move on from Hudson.... nothing to see here”

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I ALWAYS endorse trade downs, especially with our long standing penchant at taking massive reaches while tending to find decent talent in the middle rounds so long as Mayock doesn't treat the draft like the NCAA 2012 Dynasty mode offseason where you recruit an ATH and switch their position to whatever you need. 

I'd be fine trading our 1st for a package of a couple 2nds and 3rds or whatever. Gimme those day 2 picks all day! Considering how even guys most of this forum seem fond of almost all come with the caveat of "I wouldn't be upset, but...", it would probably wind up pleasing almost everyone. 

Looking at the moves Jacksonville has made in FA and their trove of picks....I'm jealous. Reminds me of what Miami was recently doing. 

@NYRaider 

Ive been saying for a while in an ideal situation on draft day we’re able to trade back to the end of round 1 and take a RT or FS.

Unless Parsons or Darrisaw are there I’d absolutely try to drop back a bit and take Moehrig or one of the RTs.

so I like Richie Grant a lot but....  if we go RT in the 1st and Grant gets scooped up before us in the second we what now?  I keep hearing Bradley likes to come in and draft his FS and let a young group of DBs learn and grow together.  

I think the smart move is trade down a bit in the first and get Moehrig.  If he goes then you can still pick from several Good Oat options and can use some of the draft capital from the trade down to move to and secure Grant a bit higher in round 2 if you want.  But if all goes well in round 1 we trade down and get Moehrig and then pick from whose left of Eichenberg, Learherwood, or Radunz in round 2.

I keep seeing JOK as the pick from a lot of people making mock drafts.  Does anyone on this forum actually agree with this?  I think we're all under the impression the pick is either going to be a RT or a FS.  I think CB and DT is possible as well.  I just don't see us going LB unless Micah Parsons falls that far, and even then, we could probably trade that pick away for some serious draft capital to a LB needy team and then get a guy we actually need.