Dark Souls Mafia - GAME OVER - BOSSES WIN!!

Whicker

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I don't care if you know I'm scum. I didn't get involved in the pm crap in Marvel, I was town. I didn't get involved in the PM crap in the one game where it was about timestamps of when people get their roles (still one of the more bizarre ones I have seen) and I was town.  I didn't get involved in WHM, and I was scum. Didn't get involved here. It's all the same to me. Its a null tell for alignment, it bothers me regardless lol. This conversation has come up before with long discussions (may have been after white house, I'm not sure), but I've made my feelings on it quite clear in the past. I'm not trying to hide my alignment here. I'm just checked out on the game, doing the bare minimum to not get mod killed out of respect for Whicker, but wholly ready to move on. 

Just curious why is posting a role PM bad in your opinion?

8 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Spirit of the game thing mostly. Have just never been able to get past it. It always just feels dirty to me. 

Different strokes for different folks. I mean, some people despise the self voting thing, and I abuse that for strategic reasons as both scum and town. Not sure if that is better or worse (that I do it for both, i mean) but I wholeheartedly understand that not everyone is on board with my actions either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Spirit of the game thing mostly. Have just never been able to get past it. It always just feels dirty to me. 

Different strokes for different folks. I mean, some people despise the self voting thing, and I abuse that for strategic reasons as both scum and town. Not sure if that is better or worse (that I do it for both, i mean) but I wholeheartedly understand that not everyone is on board with my actions either. 

Strictly the role PM (results shouldnt be allowed unless everyone gets a PM at night) I see as an extra challenge to try and figure out which ones are real/fake. Kind of similar to self voting- is he doing it in a scummy way or town way 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Oh, I'll answer this.

1.  It removes the gameplay aspect of the game and tries to find scum through a cheap method.  I'll never be for using a method outside the game thread.

2.  It doesn't actually do a thing.  Because if people start doing it, GMs will adapt and give scum fake PMs so if you take the PM at its word, you're screwed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Oh, I'll answer this.

1.  It removes the gameplay aspect of the game and tries to find scum through a cheap method.  I'll never be for using a method outside the game thread.

2.  It doesn't actually do a thing.  Because if people start doing it, GMs will adapt and give scum fake PMs so if you take the PM at its word, you're screwed.

This is all I will say on it: Not every game needs to be the same. This a rare wrinkle. Fun to mix it up from time to time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Oh, I'll answer this.

Which is why I like the challenge personally. No one should ever trust them fully when its allowed 

Day 4

Pickle Rick – Buff (167)
The Orca – Hobo (166), Buff (177)
Ragnarok
swoosh – Rags (165) [lock]
bcb1213 – Rags (166)
JoshstraDaymus – Rags (174), Buff (176), Rags (177) [lock]
Dome – Ragnarok (180) [lock]
SwAg
Forge – Swag (182)
Matts4313 – Rags (170) [lock]
Blue – Rags (165) [lock]
bigbadbuff – Hobo (180)
MD4L Rags (165)
HoboRocket – Buff (180) [lock]
Tk3 – Rags (165)

Vote Count [8 locked votes to lynch]

8 [5] Rags – [swoosh], MD4L, Tk3, [Blue], Bcb, [Matts], [Josh], [Dome]
3 [1] Buff – Pickle, Orca, [Hobo]
1 Hobo – Buff
1 Swag – Forge

2 hours ago, The Orca said:

So, other than buff who do you think is a bad guy 

Well, few people are truly safe in my book. That said, ones that stick out are Forge and MD4L. Forge is being tricky because he pulled some serious ethos a few minutes ago, whether it was intentional or not. He just seems so earnest right now, but I'm 95% sure he's scum. You MIGHT be scum, considering your push on me and your call to swoosh earlier, as I'm leaning that he's scum, but he's also said some town-ish things. The whole Matts-Dome thing is still tripping me, but since they both called it off and said it was nothing... Still, what if one of them actually WASN'T playing? 

I'm positive that Pickle and SwAg are town. I'm convinced that Matts is. Ditto for Blue. If Blue is mafia, I'm willing to let him survive long enough to kill me because his content has been very insightful so far. You're 50/50. It is fair to note that there was some pressure on you a while ago and then you flipped the script and brought scrutiny to someone else, and the pressure seemingly eased up. What happened that absolved you from the scrutiny? 

Buff is a wild card, considering there's not a track record for you collectively to inform me of, and he's been quiet, but my gut says he's scum.

Dome could be scum, but he also seems to be town. Like I said, that exchange with Matts was confusing, but a lot of the confusion would disappear if I truly could trust that they both were actually just messing with each other and there actually wasn't any relevant truth hidden in there. Liar psychology says that there are half-truths and relevant information hidden in the garbage, though.