Way Too Early 7 rd 2021 Draft. YES I USED A SIMULATOR, NO I DON'T AGREE WITH ALL THESE PICKS

brushmyhair

Im not really a huge fan going cb round 1 after taking Henderson.

Id probably go te wr or LT there and which ever isnt picked go bpa from those 2 spots left. 

Lawrence

Left tackle

chark/viska/???

Tight end

Rb.

Ideally i want an offensive themed draft to build around the qb we have or get.

4 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

They are not in cap hell in 2021, projected to have around 44 millions next year, so...

Only enough to re-sign their key pieces though. If a marquee free agent is to go to SF, they may have to take less than what they would hope if they really want to play there. No, they aren't in cap hell, but they won't be in as good shape as the colts or chargers, those 2 teams are projected to have an insane amount of cap space. 44 mil is good, but it ain't 130 mil

7 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

2 really good CB's are a great thing to have.

we also have Tre Herndon who showed to be pretty good last year along with Drafting Josiah Scott in round 4 and signing Luq Barcoo, who was one of Mel kipers BPA's for a big amount of time but he fell likely due to no pro-day.  

FWIW Barcoo had 9ints last year and 16 passes defensed so he has ball skills and hes got some good height on him. 

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

we also have Tre Herndon who showed to be pretty good last year along with Drafting Josiah Scott in round 4 and signing Luq Barcoo, who was one of Mel kipers BPA's for a big amount of time but he fell likely due to no pro-day.  

FWIW Barcoo had 9ints last year and 16 passes defensed so he has ball skills and hes got some good height on him. 

You'll have a year to see how they turn out.

Even if they play well, adding a potential shutdown CB isn't a bad idea in nowadays. Go OL with pick #33, or a trade up back into the first round for a really good OLman.

Bengals biggest hole is OT, and the simulator gave us none.  Penei Sewell in the first.  WR is also a sneaky need, so Chase could be in play as well.  I like a few of the picks by position (S, CB) but we are set at LB for the time being, as well as RB.  I'd throw TE as a day 2 priority as well.

5 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

You'll have a year to see how they turn out.

Even if they play well, adding a potential shutdown CB isn't a bad idea in nowadays. Go OL with pick #33, or a trade up back into the first round for a really good OLman.

If we are picking at 1 our offense needs a revamp.  This last draft was uber defensive outside of taking Shenault, luton, bartch, and collin johnson.  

8/12 picks used on defense.  

Offense needs an influx of new talent. 

We need a top 3 wr(cole, dede, conley are free agents)

We need a left tackle as cam Robinson is a fa and doesn't seem as a good pasd blocker.

Te we have A used Eifert and a very unproven te in josh oliver. 

Throw in a guard as well cuz norwell is overpaid and cann is average abd im assuming bartch takes 1 of the spots. 

PFN Simulator    This thing they call a draft simulator and its projections his really a joke box!

I almost peed my pants laughing at the Patriots picks.  We took 3 safeties and 2 QB in this draft xDxDxD

Now the funniest part its probably accurate. :D

This draft needs WR and QB. Pats take zero. 2021 we don't need safeties and we draft three. Amazing.

20 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

If we are picking at 1 our offense needs a revamp.  This last draft was uber defensive outside of taking Shenault, luton, bartch, and collin johnson.  

8/12 picks used on defense.  

Offense needs an influx of new talent. 

We need a top 3 wr(cole, dede, conley are free agents)

We need a left tackle as cam Robinson is a fa and doesn't seem as a good pass blocker.

Te we have A used Eifert and a very unproven te in josh oliver. 

Throw in a guard as well cuz norwell is overpaid and cann is average abd im assuming bartch takes 1 of the spots. 

I like what Miami did, they already had a top NFL CB in Howard, but also signed Byron Jones. They had a decent #2 guy in Nick Needham last season, but now he's the #4 CB, because we drafted a #3 CB, in the first round. Now we could have a very formidable CB group, 4 deep.

I think the only reason you don't take a potential shutdown CB is because you already have 2 on the roster, or you're going for a QB.

I think there's a trend developing where teams are tying to get 2 #1WR talents. If both of them can be negated  by your CB's, that's a huge advantage for your team.

You can think of it has a 2-3 year rebuild. You can fill some holes in FA. Get your QB in 2021, and do what Denver did and get WRs early the following year.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how these simulators determine who will come out early? About half of those Wisconsin guys won’t come out in 2021. Most of them will be juniors and of those again most wont leave early or there has been no indication they are even draft-able. Should be interesting to see how their lists change over the next 7-8 months.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...