Andy Dalton signs 1 year deal with the Dallas Cowboys

.Buzz

I never saw Dak being a McCarthy type of QB and this signing kind of signifies that for me.

Dalton is good enough to be s starter in this league so I doubt he would have settled for a backup role so quickly if there wasn't an opportunity for him to parlay that into a starting role.

I guess I'll go ahead and say it.  Dak is very overrated and is not worth $30M a year, so to me this is a good signing for the Cowboys as insurance.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, DerbyRam said:

It depends on how much you rate Gallup, but you could make the argument for quite a few teams - certainly the Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Raiders and possibly the Texans, Colts, Giants, Bears & possibly even the Niners although I do like Deebo. 

The numbers he put up last year are no joke: 1100 yards, 6 touchdowns on 66 receptions. Tyreek had 860 yards and 7 touchdowns on 58 receptions playing under a much more impressive system and a significantly better QB. I'm not saying he's anything like Tyreek, but the numbers show that he's legitimate.  

Da Bears?  GTFO man.  Put some respect on Allen Robinson's name.

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Da Bears?  GTFO man.  Put some respect on Allen Robinson's name.

Hence the 'possibility' on the Bears, but Gallup did nearly have as many receiving yards despite much less playing time and MUCH less targets. Gallup's production is almost not talked about enough despite playing from the most talked about the organisation in world sport. 

I would not be upset to have Robinson higher than Gallup, but they're in the same discussion (for me). 

4 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

Hence the 'possibility' on the Bears, but Gallup did nearly have as many receiving yards despite much less playing time and MUCH less targets. Gallup's production is almost not talked about enough despite playing from the most talked about the organisation in world sport. 

I would not be upset to have Robinson higher than Gallup, but they're in the same discussion (for me). 

I'm not saying Gallup isn't a good player but he's not commanding opposing teams' top cover corners on a weekly basis in the same way that the Amari Coopers or Allen Robinsons of the NFL are.

Think Juju Smith Schuster. Was excellent as a #2 with AB as the #1 commanding all the attention but then has a really down year once AB leaves. Coincidence?

On 5/6/2020 at 1:00 PM, topwop1 said:

I never saw Dak being a McCarthy type of QB and this signing kind of signifies that for me.

Dalton is good enough to be s starter in this league so I doubt he would have settled for a backup role so quickly if there wasn't an opportunity for him to parlay that into a starting role.

I guess I'll go ahead and say it.  Dak is very overrated and is not worth $30M a year, so to me this is a good signing for the Cowboys as insurance.

Whats any of this based on?

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

My personal thoughts only. I don't think Dak is a bum but I also don't think he's all that's great.

ok. What is the basis of those personal thoughts? Im just trying to understand what would bring you to that conclusion.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

I agree. It's about getting Andy Dalton at $3 million.

So a top 10 QB last year, on the rise and getting better VS a 30whatever dude who just got cut from the worst team in the NFL on a 1 year contract.

lmao

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So a top 10 QB last year, on the rise and getting better VS a 30whatever dude who just got cut from the worst team in the NFL on a 1 year contract.

lmao

If you want to say that then yes. But it's simply about investment. $3 versus $30+.

9 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If you want to say that then yes. But it's simply about investment. $3 versus $30+.

What’s the point in having more cap space at this time? Or even next season, what’s the point in giving up cap space if you’re going from a good QB to a fringe starter?