Offensive Breakout Player for 2020

Trentwannabe

Who breaks out on offense in 2020?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who breaks out on offense in 2020?

• TE Dawson Knox
    • TE Thomas Sweeney
    • RB Devin Singletary
    • RB Zack Moss
    • WR Gabriel Davidson
    • WR Isaiah Hodgins
    • OL Cody Ford

Simple question really. Who do you believe will be a breakout player on offense?

Guys like Josh Allen, Cole Beasley, Morse, Dion Dawkins, Smoke and Diggs are all proven in some capacity and could continue to emerge as stars.

The criteria for this is a player who is either a rookie or going into their second season and could breakout to help take our offense to another level. Who do you have?

I voted for Knox.

Diggs and Brown are going to take a lot of coverage with them wherever they go which will open up the middle of the field and the seams for Knox. He'll see a lot of 1 on 1 coverage with a LB when we are in 11 personnel. I still see our rushing game being a committee unless of of those backs really shines, therefor my vote had to be Knox.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I voted for Knox.

Diggs and Brown are going to take a lot of coverage with them wherever they go which will open up the middle of the field and the seams for Knox. He'll see a lot of 1 on 1 coverage with a LB when we are in 11 personnel. I still see our rushing game being a committee unless of of those backs really shines, therefor my vote had to be Knox.  

Same

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I voted for Knox.

Well, I'm going to look like an unoriginal yes-man. I also figured Knox would benefit from the WR on the outside, allowing him to work the middle. This is a perfect checkdown for Josh. Singletary would have been my pick if we hadn't gotten Diggs and Moss. Diggs is really going to affect his teammates game in passing situations, giving Knox a boost. And Moss is going to steal goal line carries from Singletary.

That said, the truth is, we would benefit more if it was Ford who had the breakout year. He could positively affect both the running and passing games. I just don't have that much faith in him at this point. In short, I think he's just serviceable.

15 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

That said, the truth is, we would benefit more if it was Ford who had the breakout year. He could positively affect both the running and passing games. I just don't have that much faith in him at this point. In short, I think he's just serviceable.

If Ford breaks out that would be phenomenal. Though I agree with you, he is at best serviceable. I do like how he played at the end of the year but he is definitely the weak link to the O.

Singletary as the lead back seems like the easy choice. He’ll have a chance to be front and center while teams focus on trying to stop Allen from running and throwing to his shiny new toy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Singletary as the lead back seems like the easy choice. He’ll have a chance to be front and center while teams focus on trying to stop Allen from running and throwing to his shiny new toy. 

I can see it. Would love to see a sophomore season like what Freeman had in Atlanta (a player he was compared to leading up to the draft IIRC).

Hard for a rookie to break out, so for the poll I'd go Dawson Knox but I think Josh Allen takes another big step and improves his accuracy and decision making and has a big Pro Bowl caliber year.

I'm gonna say hell a count for 35 TD's combined Rushing and Throwing 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Hard for a rookie to break out, so for the poll I'd go Dawson Knox but I think Josh Allen takes another big step and improves his accuracy and decision making and has a big Pro Bowl caliber year.

I'm gonna say hell a count for 35 TD's combined Rushing and Throwing 

Agreed about Allen. IMO though he is already a “proven” part of the offense. 

Even if we don’t see any improvement from his game, he’s likely good for at least 25-28 total touchdowns this season. 

• Like 1

I think for Knox it's either gonna be a real breakout year or a bust year. I love how he plays and he has so much potential, and the upcoming year he will be in the perfect spot like everyone already mentioned. All the attention to guys like Diggs, Brown & Beasley, and year 3 Allen who should take another step. So if Knox can't produce this year, I think it's fair to say that he might not be the next big thing at TE.

But I do believe that he's gonna produce so he's getting my vote as well. 

Something that has not been mentioned here: Zach Moss could really be a TD monster in his first year already, so if that counts as a breakout year then I would mention him as well. That's without taking into account how many he snaps he will take outside of the redzone.

Edited by Killashaw

14 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'm not certain Singletary is the lead back. 

Moss was drafted at basically the same spot, and has a lot of Singletarys agility, in a more powerful body. Without the injuries he'd have gone a lot higher

I think its genuinely up in the air about RB touches. It could 2/3 Moss or 2/3 Singletary and I wouldn't be surprised. 

My gut says Singletary will have more yards (between the 20s) and Moss will get more TDs

6 hours ago, Killashaw said:

Something that has not been mentioned here: Zach Moss could really be a TD monster in his first year already, so if that counts as a breakout year then I would mention him as well. That's without taking into account how many he snaps he will take outside of the redzone.

For me, he is favourite amongst RBs, WRs and TEs to lead in touchdowns. He can do the power 2 yard run, equally he can catch or run in a 30 yard agile run. He may not get big yards, but he could be brilliant for TDs. Utah isnt a big watched program, but they were amazing last year, could easily have ended up in the college football playoffs. 

@Trentwannabe I would go with Knox. It is going to be hard for a wr not named Brown Beasley or Diggs to get a ton of receptions unless something unexpected happens. Also Singletary had a kind of break out rookie year as no one really knew what he was going to be capable of. So I am not sure if he can top what he did unless he breaks for 1300+ yards this year something that would be unexpected. With him likely splitting reps with Moss I just dont see it happening. Kroft fell out of favor last year with his injury and inability to get open at times, then a few dropped passes I wouldn't be surprised that Knox is the lead Te this year. With defenses trying to cover the 3 WR I think he will end up with a lot of 1 on 1 coverage with either a slower LB or a shorter Safety giving him the advantage to break out more often then any other player on this team.