Week 4 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Ravens

MOSteelers56

On 2017-09-26 at 4:09 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

This is my first GDT in my way too many years here, so.. JU9dxm5.gif

Where?Image result for ravens stadium Whatever the Ravens call this thing

When?  High Noon - Perfect for a showdown for 1st place in the AFC North

How to watch? http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=4 Maps will update tomorrow(Wednesday the 27th) in the late morning/early afternoon

FOOTBALL ONLY storylines:

Can either team bounce back from embarrassment? The Ravens were blown out by the London Jaguars, the Steelers lost to yet another mediocre team and were gashed with the run.

Can the Steelers' offense figure anything out? The Steelers have one of the most talent laden teams in the NFL, can they figure out how to use it?

What to watch for?

Steelers: 
Can Ben and the offense gel and work together?
Can Ben figure out  how to play on the Road?
Will Bell finally break out?
Will a WR not named Antonio do anything?
How will the defense rebound?
Will Tuitt and Watt play?
Will this be the week Harrison plays substantial snaps?

Ravens:
Can Joe Flacco respond from the savage beatdown and subsequent benching?
Will the, admittedly, scary Ravens defense reach their potential this week?
Can the Ravens establish the Run?
Will Mike Wallace block?

Now for some Random Hotties brought to you by @JDLefebvre

Laurendrainfit30.jpg12276875_784032985039552_949889861_n.jpg

tumblr_of6i85Pq9A1tilve9o1_500.jpg

as long as mosteelers56 posts are like the 2nd hottie, he can keep posting, out of control won't matter. 

13 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I just remembered something. I had completely forgotten about Cam Sutton. I think his return will really give us a boost in many areas. Week 8 seems to be a solid bet as to when Bill Gay's wheels start falling off and can we really trust that Hilton can remain solid all year? Sutton also will most likely boost our punt return game, though not likely this year. I was very excited for Sutton when we got him and could easily be the second best guy we drafted. He might be able to provide our defense with a new spark with his man coverage abilities. Or who knows, maybe they don't play him much at all and this is all for naught? 

I didn't want to make a new thread about this but I thought I'd share. 

Funny, I forgot about Sutton too.  Will be nice to get him back.  He returned 46 punts for 657 yards in college.  Got to be better than Rogers.  

GAMEDAY!!!!!

Its either going to a an absolutely Amazing day going 3-1 and beating the rat birds at home...  or a disappointing awful day falling to 2-2 losing 2 straight and being under the jerks in purple!!! 

Hoping for the 1st scenario.   

1 hour ago, JDLefebvre said:

GAMEDAY!!!!!

Its either going to a an absolutely Amazing day going 3-1 and beating the rat birds at home...  or a disappointing awful day falling to 2-2 losing 2 straight and being under the jerks in purple!!! 

Hoping for the 1st scenario.   

If you wonder which fanbase is the most devastated about their play last week, compare this thread with the gameday thread in our forum. We are acting more shellshocked than Joe and the offense (and the defense).

Our brighest hope is, that Alex Collins will be the savior.

Seriously, noone even called you guys "names" yet. No jokes, no nothing.

Also, Pees suck, Perriman is even worse and we have way to much of our talent stored on IR bavian.

so Perriman is not a good pick for your scheme? 

We are having issues with the way our stars are playing mainly, then of course some coaching. We can't blame the injury bug, yet we have more than enough to correct.  Ben looks as though he held out and the OL seems to possibly playing their worst in a few years anyways. On D, this might take a while to get going especially if we go to more of a man to man coverage scheme as this also affects the run D. 

This rivalry doesn't appear to be what it once was, No prime Troy, Harrison, ben, Lewis, Suggs, Ryan etc, 

55 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so Perriman is not a good pick for your scheme? 

We are having issues with the way our stars are playing mainly, then of course some coaching. We can't blame the injury bug, yet we have more than enough to correct.  Ben looks as though he held out and the OL seems to possibly playing their worst in a few years anyways. On D, this might take a while to get going especially if we go to more of a man to man coverage scheme as this also affects the run D. 

This rivalry doesn't appear to be what it once was, No prime Troy, Harrison, ben, Lewis, Suggs, Ryan etc, 

I was one of the happy idiots who took the trip to London to see the Ravens play. That game just confirmed what I always believed, that Perriman is big and fast, but only in a straight line. He just doesn't seperate, and is overall just not a good receiver. Don't think it has much to do with fit, unfortunately.

Whats the deal with Harrison, injured? The guy has been an ironman, and this game will miss something, if he is not in it. The worries about no NT depth isn't warranted, as we have very little push on the inside.

On 9/29/2017 at 2:14 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

according to the Depot, AB will be returning punts. With that and the news of Hunter getting a hat, it seems like Eli will be a healthy scratch.

This must be true, as Eli Rogers is INACTIVE

Here are today's list of Inactives / Actives.

Joshua Dobbs QB Inactive  
Marcus Gilbert OT Inactive  
James Harrison OLB Inactive  
Jerald Hawkins OT Inactive  
Dan McCullers NT Inactive  
Mike Mitchell FS Inactive  
Eli Rogers WR Inactive  
Sean Davis SS Active  
Ramon Foster OG Active

1.) I find Ravens fans booing for kneeling before the anthem ironic when Baltimore does the "O" chant during the Anthem and has for decades now. Incredibly disrespectful.

2.) Let's go Steelers. Win this one for my daughter! She needs a W this week!

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

1.) I find Ravens fans booing for kneeling before the anthem ironic when Baltimore does the "O" chant during the Anthem and has for decades now. Incredibly disrespectful.

Not calling you out, BO - but you reminded me of something.

Please don't mention the National Anthem everyone. Let's focus on destroying the Rat Birds! Thanks guys!

Archived