Week 4 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Ravens

MOSteelers56

38 minutes ago, August4th said:

Justin Hunter will play this week... hope he provides some spark to the passing game

I could see him replacing Eli Rogers. The Depot suggested DHB, but the snaps indicated that JuJu is starting to outpace Rogers. Plus the muffed punt. Although, that probably makes AB our primary returner which, IMO, isn't ideal.

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I could see him replacing Eli Rogers. The Depot suggested DHB, but the snaps indicated that JuJu is starting to outpace Rogers. Plus the muffed punt. Although, that probably makes AB our primary returner which, IMO, isn't ideal.

it's annoying how AB might be the best punt returner in the NFL and it's a major need for us but he so happens to be our number 1 WR and don't want to risk injury on special teams

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Justin Hunter will play this week... hope he provides some spark to the passing game

Hey I know a guy who talked about that on Monday!!

On 9/25/2017 at 11:59 AM, Dcash4 said:

Also, seeing less and less Eli Rogers. Wonder if he is about to get a healthy scratch and let Hunter take some reps with JuJu being the main slot. I am not a fan of Hunter, but if Ben wants to win and push the ball -- we need more guys that fit that mold. Hunter could put both AB and Bryant in the slot a little more and put more pressure on the deep holes of a C2. I wouldnt be the biggest fan of that attack, but at some point you need to sit down with Ben and figure out -- if this is who you want us to be, fine -- we will staff it as such. 

B|

Really hoping that its not to placate to the fact that Ben wants to force the issue deep, but more that they believe in JuJu and think they can get another guy to stretch the field and maybe push Bryant for PT to wake him up. I dont see how sitting DHB instead of Rogers would help. Rogers offers no ST and our next best gunner would be Brian Allen, but he would need to take someone else's hat to dress.

Not trying to say not having Coates is a mistake...but these are the simple gameday roster issues that are easily moved past if you had one guy who could do both DHB and Hunters jobs comparably well.

14 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Also, can we just, for once; beat the Hell out of Baltimore? They just got whooped last week. Why can't WE ever do that?

Remember that game a few years ago in Baltimore on primetime when Ben had like 5 touchdowns in the first half?   Or something like that...   lets do that again!!!  

58 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

Remember that game a few years ago in Baltimore on primetime when Ben had like 5 touchdowns in the first half?   Or something like that...   lets do that again!!!  

I remember them doing that to us week one in 2010/2011? It taught me a lesson, never get wasted the night before a steelers and ravens game that starts at noon. Definitely didn't help my hangover.

1 hour ago, JDLefebvre said:

I believe that was the 6 TD game. Ben did it the week prior or after to Indy. That's when AB had the punt return and did the infamous goal post hug that horribly failed haha

2 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I believe that was the 6 TD game. Ben did it the week prior or after to Indy. That's when AB had the punt return and did the infamous goal post hug that horribly failed haha

Naw....Ben had his 5 TD half vs Baltimore back in 2007.   I remember because he came out and got hurt almost immediately after the 2nd half started...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271105023

When Ben had 6 TDs vs the Rats in 2014, he had 3 in the first half and 3 in the 2nd.

3 hours ago, TpeSteel said:

I hope something lights a fire under the Steelers.  Looking at how GB easily handled the Bears makes the Steelers' loss even more unpalatable.

Agreed....although its not so much that the Packers dominated and more about how bad the Bears looked.    Then again, that is Tomlin's MO....falling victim to trap games, year in and year out.   

Im not overly worried YET.   I still have faith Ben can bounce back and I feel like things could really start clicking.   The next two weeks IMO will be highly indicative of the direction this team is heading.   Its maddening that we finally have all of our key players on offense healthy and on the field for the first time in what seems like forever, and all we have is an average at best offense.   Ben needs to start playing better, the OLine needs to start blocking better and Haley needs to stop blowing goats.    There is too much talent on offense for it to look like it has the first 3 weeks.    If it continues to stagnate, the Rooney's damn well better make a change.    They dumped Arians for less.

I just remembered something. I had completely forgotten about Cam Sutton. I think his return will really give us a boost in many areas. Week 8 seems to be a solid bet as to when Bill Gay's wheels start falling off and can we really trust that Hilton can remain solid all year? Sutton also will most likely boost our punt return game, though not likely this year. I was very excited for Sutton when we got him and could easily be the second best guy we drafted. He might be able to provide our defense with a new spark with his man coverage abilities. Or who knows, maybe they don't play him much at all and this is all for naught? 

I didn't want to make a new thread about this but I thought I'd share. 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, Chieferific said:

#2 would still beat last week's Steelers.

Yep. Nothing matters when these two teams meet--records, week before, hot streaks, talent, etc.  It's like game 1 of these season each time these two meet. But since 2010, they've had our number, and we haven't swept them ONCE...they've done it to us twice.  Sickening.  We lose this game...bank on it. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but the level our offense has played this year (other than Brown, of course)?  I don't hold out a lot of hope for this game. 

Archived