NCAA Scandal

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

What is Louisville's part in this? I don't think they had one of the coaches that were arrested but I see Pitino mentioned.

"In the second set of allegations, authorities say that James Gatto, on behalf of an unnamed "sportswear company," funneled "six-figure payments" to three players, who, in exchange, committed to play for particular college programs affiliated with the company. Gatto is the director of global sports marketing for Adidas.

This set of charges includes a reference to a "public research university located in Kentucky." University of Louisville interim president Gregory Postel confirmed in a statement that Louisville is the school mentioned."

11 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Where is Ruskie to ask for the Death Penalty when you need it?

Even after firing Jurich and Pitino, the death penalty has to be on the table for Louisville. If I'm not mistaken, they are already working with an Intern President stemming from the Katrina Powell Hooker scandal. Add in the fact that these latest events took place following the punishment handed down from the NCAA.

9 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Even after firing Jurich and Pitino, the death penalty has to be on the table for Louisville. If I'm not mistaken, they are already working with an Intern President stemming from the Katrina Powell Hooker scandal. Add in the fact that these latest events took place following the punishment handed down from the NCAA.

I doubt the NCAA will ever use the death penalty again. if it wasnt used at Penn State, it wont be used here.

Take away wins, 3-4 year postseason ban, reduce scholarships by a couple each year, recruiting restrictions, and a show cause on Petino. 

10 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I doubt the NCAA will ever use the death penalty again. if it wasnt used at Penn State, it wont be used here.

Take away wins, 3-4 year postseason ban, reduce scholarships by a couple each year, recruiting restrictions, and a show cause on Petino. 

I doubt it will be used. If it wasn't used on UNC or Penn State, it is unlikely we'll see it again. But nonetheless, it has to be an option.

Archived