Week 4 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

I like that our offense doesn't look completely lost any more. I feel like there's a somewhat competent offense here, and when you think about adding real pieces down the line (better interior lineman, a better wr2, quarterback), it has the makings of an offense that is going to be tremendous. 

I'm a Kyle Shanahan believer, so I figured this had to happen sooner or later. His offense wasn't world-beating in that one year in Cleveland, but it would have almost certainly improved in a year 2 situation, and I think that's what will happen here. We just simply couldn't rebuild this team in one year. 

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Give me Beathard!!!

Depends on what you want to do. If you want the best chance to win, I still think that is very easily given by Hoyer. If you want to just tank and see what we have in Beathard, then obviously that's a move that should be made. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I like that our offense doesn't look completely lost any more. I feel like there's a somewhat competent offense here, and when you think about adding real pieces down the line (better interior lineman, a better wr2, quarterback), it has the makings of an offense that is going to be tremendous. 

Absolutely. Even with inferior talent, you could see Shanahan's brilliance on display week in and week out. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Depends on what you want to do. If you want the best chance to win, I still think that is very easily given by Hoyer. If you want to just tank and see what we have in Beathard, then obviously that's a move that should be made. 

naaa we'd be better with Beathard

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

naaa we'd be better with Beathard

He was barely competent against roster fringe players and depth guys in games 3 and 4 of the preseason, so I can't see him being better than Hoyer at this point. Now, I'm not opposed to it just to try and ensure the high pick and get him some experience, after all, he could totally surprise and shock and be the non-mobile version of Dak. 

Archived