Build a City - Post-Draft Voting

jcrell623

Buffalo 

Think the four surrounding The Freak are so well placed, sans maybe Vuc. Orlando has a squad worth the final two, but I don’t see them gelling as well. Magic bench is a hair deeper for me if I’m being honest. 

But when you get down to two you’re looking at matchups. Orlando can’t match Buffalos pace.

If you make the argument that Kawhi locks down Giannis, which isn’t a given, then Tatum goes off on Sabonis. Think Warren probably sees the floor more than Orlando would want him to. Size advantage goes to Buffalo... we might see Capela out there. I’m not sure what the GM wants to do but there’s too many variables for me that point to the Braves winning this. 

As far as roster construction, Giannis is a cheat code in this format. Buffalo has a (maybe ideal?) backup 5 prospect in Bagley. Edwards is groomed behind Klay. 

Obviously the Magic have done well to get to this point too. They have their own future in Toppin, and more pure shooters. Dinwiddie is a great addition to that group. But for star potential and futures... needle points to the Braves. 

Edited by festiveonion

1 hour ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

In year one I would favor Orlando. I wouldn't fault anyone taking Buffalo though.

But overall I think Orlando is the better team, more balanced, though if Klay came back 100% it'd be tough.

I think the two of us should leave our votes out of it (this should really be a rule tbh).

I think we both feel we have strong teams. I think you'll be a slight favorite in year one or two, beyond that I think my team is built to win several after, with the juice to compete with you early still as well.  

8 minutes ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

Sure but pretty sure you voted for your teams in the past and if we both vote for our team is the same as us both not voting for our team. 

Only in the first round I have, majority of us have abstained from voting if we advance.

Don't really care that much, if I lose this one I don't mind, feel like my team is strongest win or lose in this imaginary competition lol.

Edited by NickChowaniec

9 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Only in the first round I have, majority of us have abstained from voting if we advance.

Don't really care that much, if I lose this one I don't mind, feel like my team is strongest win or lose in this imaginary competition lol.

As do I.

So what is the difference between voting for yourself in the first round and the later rounds?

I really thought about this one and I was surprised looking at Milwaukee Indiana games and box scores is that sabonis doesn't get overshadowed by giannis in a lot of them, with klays injury and not a legit backup big, it swung it to Orlando for me.  Sorry didn't have time earlier for reasoning 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

As do I.

So what is the difference between voting for yourself in the first round and the later rounds?

Your logic is right, I get it. Point was that the majority of us just had sort of a gentlemen's agreement not to do it past the first round to this point. 

But whatever it's just a never-ending argument so I'll try to end it, I'll vote for myself to cancel yours out. Buffalo.

I know I won't be voting for myself the rest of the way.. my next two teams are my weakest. 

Edited by NickChowaniec

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Your logic is right, I get it. Point was that the majority of us just had sort of a gentlemen's agreement not to do it past the first round to this point. 

But whatever it's just a never-ending argument so I'll try to end it, I'll vote for myself to cancel yours out. Buffalo.

I know I won't be voting for myself the rest of the way.. my next two teams are my weakest. 

I must of missed it as I definitely haven't been reading the chat.