Stadium Saga Part XVII(Cont): Hosting the Big Dance

swede700

a lovely video about the history of the Twin Cities' growth, including old timey photos and modern drone photography. the second half focusing on pro sports development.

https://www.airvuz.com/video/From-Flour-Mills-to-US-Bank-Stadium-An-Aerial-History-of-Minneapolis?id=5a70f9c92e693824b05b1c9b

warning: video is 13 minutes long, gasp! so the attention deficit punk contingent will be severely harmed by the need to focus.

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

a lovely video about the history of the Twin Cities' growth, including old timey photos and modern drone photography. the second half focusing on pro sports development.

https://www.airvuz.com/video/From-Flour-Mills-to-US-Bank-Stadium-An-Aerial-History-of-Minneapolis?id=5a70f9c92e693824b05b1c9b

warning: video is 13 minutes long, gasp! so the attention deficit punk contingent will be severely harmed by the need to focus.

Watched the entire 13 minutes. Minneapolis built on flour power, who knew. 

On 2/2/2018 at 2:22 PM, Heimdallr said:

I've seen multiple black SUVs with tinted windows and massive TMT logos driving around my neighborhood in EP.... I'm pretty sure Floyd Mayweather is staying at a house somewhere in my neighborhood. 

This is false.

TMT in this case stands for Teenage Mutant Turtles.

Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) except they didn't care much about learning ninja skills.

Nothing says home like the feel of your favorite chair, and I’m finally sitting in it again, after a nine-day excursion to the land of 10 thousand lakes.

Minnesota became my second-favorite place, just behind the spot where that chair sits; the people are both friendly and authentic, the food is both great and plentiful (especially at Mancini’s Char House in St. Paul), and the cold is both temporary and invigorating. The entire region should be proud of the way everyone handled the entire Super Bowl experience, especially since it would have been very easy to be salty about the Vikings coming tantalizingly close to playing in the game.

The magnificence of the stadium justifies another Super Bowl; a climate that will include endless whining and current-temperature screen-shotting from some members of the media counts as a bonus. So congratulations to Minnesota, the Vikings, and the NFL. You put on a unique and memorable event, from a fan-friendly Radio Row experience  to an easily-traversed Twin Cities, to a seamless Super Bowl Sunday.

Mike Florio, PFT

On 2/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, vikesfan89 said:

Is anyone else loving the cold for the super bowl? 

I do think it's a unique experience to having the SB in a northern climate and something that should happen at least once every decade.  People at work think I'm crazy, but every time it drops below 20 here in KC, I miss the experience of the cold.  I've always said that the cold, at the very least, lets you know you're alive.  

Archived