Stadium Saga Part XVII(Cont): Hosting the Big Dance

swede700

On 1/22/2018 at 10:10 AM, vike daddy said:

Going to the Super Bowl is nothing new for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady as he’s been to seven of them already in his career, but each experience is a little different and Super Bowl LII will offer Brady a chance to rekindle memories of his younger days. Brady’s mother grew up in Minnesota and Brady spent time on his grandparents’ farm when he was growing up. During a Monday morning appearance on WEEI, Brady reminisced about his grandparents, who have both died, and said he’s looking forward to playing in front of other family members.

Brady: “Every year we would go back in the summer and spend weeks and we’d go fishing in the summer and ice fishing in the winter. I milked he cows with my grandpa and just kind of tended the farm. It was a great experience for me born in California, but I have always felt a connection to Minnesota. It will be fun because my uncles still live there, my cousins. We were just back there last year when my grandpa passed away. It’s a great place. It’s really special to go back there. The last time we played Minnesota I had a lot of people come — a lot of family and extended family. There will be a lot of great support there in Minnesota, too.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/tom-brady-its-really-special-to-play-super-bowl-in-minnesota/

see? now you have to support him and the Pats.

I believe Tom’s Family is from Long Prairie, MN. I’ve spent time fishing there as well. I currently live approximately 1 hour North East in the Brainerd Lakes area; aka God’s country 

51 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I believe Tom’s Family is from Long Prairie, MN. I’ve spent time fishing there as well. I currently live approximately 1 hour North East in the Brainerd Lakes area; aka God’s country 

Our cabin is about 15 miles west of Long Prairie on Lake Osakis (Osakis, MN.)

Long Prairie American Legion has the best Bloody Mary's I ever had.

3 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Browerville actually, but close enough....

45 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Browerville actually, but close enough....

Yes, close. Have some history in Browerville, Eagle Bend, Long Prairie area. Played a little ball with the Woida family. Charlie is the head athletic trainer for St. Olaf’s, formerly trainer with the Montana Grizzlies. Good kid.

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

smfh...  this is sad

Almost any Eagles fans would've been rooting for the Vikings had we lost

If it makes yo feel better, I'll be rooting for the Eagles football team. It isn't their faults they pounded the Vikings. In defense of my fellow Vikings fans reactions, there seem to be a lot more Eagles fans than fans of other (non Packers) teams that are despicable. I am sorry you have to have them associated with you through the team you root for. 

Then your fans have the nerve to call us soft. I prefer the term civilized. Somebody throws a beer at head, puts a finger in my face, or throws batteries at women and children while the rest of Eagle nation watches they dont deserve an ounce of respect. They're upset over decorating a fictional character. If they had come to Minnesota and did that to the Charlie Brown statues or Paul Bunyun statues nobody would have cared. They would have said enjoy yourself and have fun in Minnesota. Also it wasnt a few fans. It was hundreds. 

Archived