Stadium Saga Part XVII(Cont): Hosting the Big Dance

swede700

10 hours ago, mitty18 said:

If JT does not do a Prince tribute during the halftime show I am going to be forever sad. Huge JT fan (as an actor and musician) and huge Prince fan. 

Timberlake insulted Prince in a song or interview when Prince was alive and Prince wasn't a fan of his.

35 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Much better voice and singer than Charlie though.

Probably one of the better covers of a country song you'll ever hear.

Not necessarily a country fan, but I could get into Chris Stapleton. Definitely a better voice than Charles.

I was going for more of the visual comparison than actual audio comparison.  :D 

I'm definitely not a country fan, but my parents forced me to listen to a lot of it growing up, so I listened to a lot of Charlie Daniels, Roger Miller, Loretta Lynn, and Conway Twitty.  As far as today's country music...it's not country music...it's basically pop music.  Luke Bryan isn't country music...Thomas Rhett definitely isn't country music (I'm not even sure how he has got classified as country music..he ain't much different than 90s pop music).  Stapleton is definitely closer, but I still wouldn't really classify it as pure country music.

12 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I was going for more of the visual comparison than actual audio comparison.  :D 

I'm definitely not a country fan, but my parents forced me to listen to a lot of it growing up, so I listened to a lot of Charlie Daniels, Roger Miller, Loretta Lynn, and Conway Twitty.  As far as today's country music...it's not country music...it's basically pop music.  Luke Bryan isn't country music...Thomas Rhett definitely isn't country music (I'm not even sure how he has got classified as country music..he ain't much different than 90s pop music).  Stapleton is definitely closer, but I still wouldn't really classify it as pure country music.

There are still plenty of good country music artist out there. Just not on the radio.

Oh gosh, I remember having to listen to "cow milkin' tunes" throughout my childhood all the time in the barn. DROVE ME NUTS.

9 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

There are still plenty of good country music artist out there. Just not on the radio.

Oh gosh, I remember having to listen to "cow milkin' tunes" throughout my childhood all the time in the barn. DROVE ME NUTS.

Only women and kids like Luke Bryan and Thomas Rhett.

Just now, TENINCH said:

Only women and kids like Luke Bryan and Thomas Rhett.

Luke Bryan's concerts used to be legendary at PCB spring break.
Didn't like his music, but it got the girls going!

Honestly tho, I feel like this halftime show has the potential to be one of the better ones we have seen.
So sick of that GAGA, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars thing they were doing.

I'm sure JT will sing some of his more "popp" songs.

Hopefully they just stick to "Say Something", "Tennessee Whiskey", & "Drink you Away" but that probably won't end up happening.

16 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Luke Bryan's concerts used to be legendary at PCB spring break.
Didn't like his music, but it got the girls going!

Honestly tho, I feel like this halftime show has the potential to be one of the better ones we have seen.
So sick of that GAGA, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars thing they were doing.

I'm sure JT will sing some of his more "popp" songs.

Hopefully they just stick to "Say Something", "Tennessee Whiskey", & "Drink you Away" but that probably won't end up happening.

If they don't sing a Bob Dylan cover, then it's all for naught.  

Archived