Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 20 - Taco Bowl XX POSTED!)

39 minutes ago, pwny said:

Good LBs have boom seasons in the sim when they have no one around them. He’s racking up stats because there’s no one else there to do anything. You allowed a 103 passer rating last year, you didn’t win because you were locking passing games down. 

You made out like a bandit with this trade. Be proud of it, my dude. 

Surely you've been around long enough to know one player doesn't control the whole team's passing rating. But I'll bite. 

Mahones/Hill: 7 receptions for 106 yards (15.14 YPR, 34 LNG), 1 touchdown

Ryan/Kupp: 2 receptions for 10 yards (5.00 YPR, 6 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Russ/Godwin: 2 receptions for 21 yards (10.50 YPR, 19 LNG), 1 touchdown

-----

Murray/Woods:  5 receptions for 72 yards (14.40 YPR, 22 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Russ/Godwin: 2 receptions for 39 yards (19.50 YPR, 21 LNG), 1 touchdown

Carr/Boyd: 2 receptions for 29 yards (14.50 YPR, 18 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Allen/Juju: 4 receptions for 60 yards (15.00 YPR, 22 LNG), 1 touchdown

Ryan/Kupp: 7 receptions for 55 yards (7.86 YPR, 18 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Cousins/Evans: 4 receptions for 40 yards (10.00 YPR, 15 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Jimmy G/Adams: 4 receptions for 58 yards (14.50 YPR, 28 LNG), 1 touchdown

Big Ben/Odell: 7 receptions for 139 yards (19.86 YPR, 54 LNG), 2 touchdowns

Brees/Edelman: 4 receptions for 48 yards (12.00 YPR, 15 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Cousins/Evans: 8 receptions for 114 yards (14.25 YPR, 20 LNG), 1 touchdown

Carr/Boyd: 3 receptions for 45 yards (15.00 YPR, 25 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Lock/Metcalf: 5 receptions for 70 yards (14.00 YPR, 21 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Brees/Edelman: 5 receptions for 64 yards (12.80 YPR, 20 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Goff/Julio: 10 receptions for 136 yards (13.60 YPR, 29 LNG), 0 touchdowns

Dak/Lockett: 5 receptions for 77 yards (15.40 YPR, 20 LNG), 0 touchdown

Russ/Godwin: 2 receptions for 28 yards (14.00 YPR, 16 LNG), 1 touchdown

16 game/average: 74 receptions, 1,019 yards, 7.5 touchdowns

Only four games where he gave up over 80 yards against the #1 (Julio, Evans, Odell, and Hill). He had his two best games in the playoffs. I'm not sure how one could argue he wasn't a difference maker last year. There's not a chance I win it at all without him. 

Edited by swoosh

43 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Go figure... Tucker FG miss and I lose by 3

72% for Mahomes tho... come on sim?! My secondary is better than that 🤦🏼‍♂️

Good game my man

To be fair, I think it was from the 41, so a 58 yard attempt is not easy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, swoosh said:

16 game/average: 74 receptions, 1,019 yards, 7.5 touchdowns

The league average against #1s was 83 catches, 1141 yards, and 7 TDs

And only two #1 slotted Cornerbacks in the league forced fewer turnovers

He didn't do anything impressive.

Just now, pwny said:

The league average against #1s was 83 catches, 1141 yards, and 7 TDs

And only two #1 slotted Cornerbacks in the league forced fewer turnovers

He didn't do anything impressive.

There are only 20 #1 CB's in this league. I'd wager a good amount of those guys are difference makers. 

I get that you were trying to prove Mookie overpaid (and he did - but it's a different time), but to not call him a difference maker is silly. He was the defensive MVP on the champions. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Good LBs have boom seasons in the sim when they have no one around them. He’s racking up stats because there’s no one else there to do anything. You allowed a 103 passer rating last year, you didn’t win because you were locking passing games down. 

You made out like a bandit with this trade. Be proud of it, my dude. 

So by this standard, it’s completely possible Jones is rated appropriately and has just been apart of good LB cores? Or does he just stink automatically because he touched my team?

And yeah, I overpaid. The sim is most likely ending. Swoosh is willing to take the chance, might pay off big for him.

Edited by MookieMonstah

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So by this standard, it’s completely possible Jones is rated appropriately and has just been apart of good LB cores? Or does he just stink automatically because he touched my team?

Lol sensitive.

He’s a good player. But he has over twice as many sacks this NSFL season as he’s had in his entire NFL career. And his max previously on some awful Squirrels teams  is 5 sacks. So, no, 5 sacks in 9 games is not “appropriately rated”. Also, despite being one of only a few decent players on that defense, he hasn’t generated a single turnover  

LBs who don’t routinely generate turnovers or big sack numbers are not worth anything close to what you gave up. 

• Like 1

All that said, if someone really thinks that I trash talk them too much for how their seasons go, how their teams look, or the moves they make, let me know and I’ll gladly do my best to remember to stop. But will expect the same back. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

All that said, if someone really thinks that I trash talk them too much for how their seasons go, how their teams look, or the moves they make, let me know and I’ll gladly do my best to remember to stop. But will expect the same back. 

you talk too little trash to me

55 minutes ago, pwny said:

Lol sensitive.

He’s a good player. But he has over twice as many sacks this NSFL season as he’s had in his entire NFL career. And his max previously on some awful Squirrels teams  is 5 sacks. So, no, 5 sacks in 9 games is not “appropriately rated”. Also, despite being one of only a few decent players on that defense, he hasn’t generated a single turnover  

LBs who don’t routinely generate turnovers or big sack numbers are not worth anything close to what you gave up. 

Sensitive? I guess offering a counter point is sensitive lol. 

Deion Jones is a 4-3 LB. Why are we talking about his sack numbers? In this sim I’m far more concerned with my defensive YPC against than how many sacks my 4-3 MLB gets. I paid for Peters more than Jones. Someone offered swoosh a 1 2 and 3 for Peters, I needed to beat that and pay for Jones to be added.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Sensitive? I guess offering a counter point is sensitive lol. 

Responses like “Or does he just stink automatically because he touched my team?” are what make people think you’re being sensitive, not making counterpoints.