Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol. It was a 2.8 on a scale of 1-2. It was an awesome claim. It clearly worked. 

I was cringing the whole time, because I knew it was a bad idea but I did it anyways. @Tk3 said "I dunno, you probably shouldn't do that," a few times. I simply went YOLO on that.

I need to go back to not reading my PMs...

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Hahahaha! Absolutely! :)

Also, PSA for an open discussion to EVERYONE, without violating forum rules...and I've been thinking about this for a long time. @rackcs I'd love for you to weigh in as a fellow social studies teacher...correct me if I'm being too dramatic here.

I make a motion that we reconsider using "lynch" in mafia and would prefer another term that doesn't have innate connotations in this country. I know that it's technically a lynch mob here, and that's essentially what's happening in the mob mentality sense of the word...but is it something we should consider?

Just wondering

This needs to happen. I’m sorry but we can’t be this at the moment. Plenty of other terms we can use.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

?

The concept that "lynch," a word with a traceable etymological origin and use that signifies an extrajudicial or mob killing, is too reminiscent of recent events in our small corner of the world for us to use it even in a capacity where it aptly describes events -- a game where it is literally a mob of people, voting to kill someone, with little-to-any process required.

I simply cannot take that seriously.  You know, Jewish people were systematically killed in gas chambers.  Therefore, I don't think it is appropriate to refer to the use of tear gas or pepper bombs on crowds as "gassing" them, because it's too reminiscent of a malignant portion of human history, even if "gassing" aptly describes the events that took place.

Edited by SwAg
extra words
  • Like 1