Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Couldn't possibly be true is dead on

Town was a mess. Scum was even a mess if that is any consolation. Just a messy game all around.

I think @squire12 did have a post where he named 4 people and it was all 4 Slytherin. Dude had to die. Kudos

You mean that post that was copying my post naming you all after I died? Yes, he grave robbed my list. 

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

This one

I actually undersold him

Named all 4 mafia plus 2 indys LOL

Maybe a GOAT day-2 civ post

Youve got to be kidding me. He straight stole the list.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, Matts4313 said:

After N1, my short list is:

hobo

Vikes

Malf

On 6/4/2020 at 8:30 PM, Matts4313 said:

Counselor/Forge first 4:

PML - Hermione

Sanchez - Sorting Hat

Biggio - Pete - Indy

Matts - HP

Matts 4:

Hobo

Vikes

Malf

ET80

Lets see who did better post game. I have a feeling I am going to win this one ;)

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I maintain that @squire12 is one of the best Mafia players on this forum, and it kills me how criminally underrated he is. IMO any time that Squire flips Town after Mafia kills him, people should go back and see who he named as scum. Good chance that he was 50/50 right. I usually push for his death early on as scum, because the dude is going to be an analytical genius and game solve by D3/D4 most of the time.

....... I hate you all.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO it's disappointing that Town got gunshy after losing those roles in the N1 three-way, because if you play the odds, eventually there's a good chance you hit on multiple correct, maybe even revealing someone else for a night move/the next day's vote if you catch them trying to manipulate the vote.

JMHO

There is little reason to believe that PML would have been active or believed enough after not posting at all for 36 hours if they had results, so losing the role probably did not cost anything.  

Hobo continuing to hit town was a bigger blow, no cross hits affected the numbers a great deal

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

There is little reason to believe that PML would have been active or believed enough after not posting at all for 36 hours if they had results, so losing the role probably did not cost anything.  

Hobo continuing to hit town was a bigger blow, no cross hits affected the numbers a great deal

The day 1 triple hit was pretty brutal, as were the lack of cross kills for sure. Even the malf drama was completely pointless in the end. The day he would have been voted, we just voted for Vikes anyway, and then the following day Malf was voted. It was a bad day 1 to lose that many town, no cross kills, and a bad choice in lylo. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Youve got to be kidding me. He straight stole the list.

....... I hate you all.

Nice list, apologies for overlooking

I'm very egotistical though

If I didn't see my name on it, I probably didn't read or even notice it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Oof, god no. I signed up because it was your game, which is typically enjoyable and I like the structure, but I want nothing to do with these things as a whole. People just make me want to drive someone's head through a car window in these things. 

YOu should double down on that stance.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

YOu should double down on that stance.

I'm mainly talking about you, fyi. 

Matt's, "don't give me a hard time for mucking up my claim". 

Also Matts: "let me spend all this time quoting dozens of post so I can mock two players about how they were wrong and I was awesome, etc etc"

Shows the quality of person you are. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SwAg said:

The concept that "lynch," a word with a traceable etymological origin and use that signifies an extrajudicial or mob killing, is too reminiscent of recent events in our small corner of the world for us to use it even in a capacity where it aptly describes events -- a game where it is literally a mob of people, voting to kill someone, with little-to-any process required.

I simply cannot take that seriously.  You know, Jewish people were systematically killed in gas chambers.  Therefore, I don't think it is appropriate to refer to the use of tear gas or pepper bombs on crowds as "gassing" them, because it's too reminiscent of a malignant portion of human history, even if "gassing" aptly describes the events that took place.

co-signed. Its almost as if people go out of their way to find reasons to be upset. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm mainly talking about you, fyi. 

Matt's, "don't give me a hard time for mucking up my claim". 

Also Matts: "let me spend all this time quoting dozens of post so I can mock two players about how they were wrong and I was awesome, etc etc"

Shows the quality of person you are. 

I know you were. It was obvious. Hence why I am doubling down on berating you.

But seriously, lighten up. Im just busting your balls. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, SwAg said:

No replacement.  I’ll message discord when it’s out.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:00 AM, Matts4313 said:

Is it a no-go on the role/scum list? 

On 6/5/2020 at 1:03 AM, Matts4313 said:

f*ck'n nailed it. I gave 4 names. All 4 scum. Why does no one listen to me?

On 6/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, SwAg said:

I don’t know.  Town just trillion IQ’d this one and came up all zeros.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:10 AM, Matts4313 said:

To busy being defensive over bad reads to focus on game play. They need to step back and reread the thread.

Who did the quidditch game? Hobo? 

Is he indy scum or GF?

@Forge => I was mainly talking about you. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
41 minutes ago, SwAg said:

The concept that "lynch," a word with a traceable etymological origin and use that signifies an extrajudicial or mob killing, is too reminiscent of recent events in our small corner of the world for us to use it even in a capacity where it aptly describes events -- a game where it is literally a mob of people, voting to kill someone, with little-to-any process required.

I simply cannot take that seriously.  You know, Jewish people were systematically killed in gas chambers.  Therefore, I don't think it is appropriate to refer to the use of tear gas or pepper bombs on crowds as "gassing" them, because it's too reminiscent of a malignant portion of human history, even if "gassing" aptly describes the events that took place.

co-signed. Its almost as if people go out of their way to find reasons to be upset. 

For the record, in my initial post I acknowledged the textbook definition behind the word itself, which in the sense of this game is technically correct insomuch that we are carrying out perceived “mob justice” due to circumstancial evidence, perceived evidence, bias, as a group entity. 

However, based upon the number of people that have voiced their sentiment, I think we’d be remiss to not take that into account. 

JMHO

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I hope you get all the adoration you clearly need, Matts.

If all you plebs would just bow down and announce how great I am to the world this could all be over soon. But until then give me the spotlight, the red carpet and all the prizes. 

(i seriously hope you can realize I am being petty on purposes for the lulz)