TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

Actually, I'm really happy The Rock bought the XFL and think he'll do a better job than Vince McMahon. Doubt it'll rival the NFL, but it'll be nice seeing competitive football in the Spring when MLB is sticking its fat ugly nose into our March and April viewing when we're trying to glean what we can about the upcoming NFL draft.

It must be nice to be in a financial position to just pee away a few million dollars.

Because that is what happened here.  The product isn't very good.  McMahon is a marketing genius.  And it didn't work for him....twice.

The Rock is entertainment, and maybe that's enough to get a little jolt at the start of their "season", but it'll fizzle.  

I really wish there were some good resources for finding reputable dog breeders online. So many just have a phone number and email not even websites or pages on social media. It's frustrating trying to do things as responsible as possible when you don't know people in that community already.

8 hours ago, spilltray said:

I really wish there were some good resources for finding reputable dog breeders online. So many just have a phone number and email not even websites or pages on social media. It's frustrating trying to do things as responsible as possible when you don't know people in that community already.

Agreed, there’s not a ton. Here’s a link to the AKC website, which has links to different breed clubs. https://webapps.akc.org/breeder-referral/#/

They have some breeder referrals.

16 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Agreed, there’s not a ton. Here’s a link to the AKC website, which has links to different breed clubs. https://webapps.akc.org/breeder-referral/#/

They have some breeder referrals.

I've been there, might as well be a phone book and none of them are keen about taking calls asking questions. What websites there are make me feel like early geocities places.

I think I found where I'm going but I'll end up driving 3 states away.

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I've been there, might as well be a phone book and none of them are keen about taking calls asking questions. What websites there are make me feel like early geocities places.

I think I found where I'm going but I'll end up driving 3 states away.

Breeding could use some more regulation. It’s heart breaking seeing so many puppies with questionable, at best, breeders.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:42 AM, deathstar said:

Breeding could use some more regulation. It’s heart breaking seeing so many puppies with questionable, at best, breeders.

I remember rescuing a German Shepherd from a disorganized friend who had adopted a dog from one of those kind of breeders. The dog was supposed to be a show dog and had the trot, gait, looks, etc.....but was born with only one egg if you catch my drift and was promptly dropped off at the local ASPCA IIRC. We were able to find a really good home for the dog with a cop fortunately, but I wonder how many others weren't/haven't been/won't be as lucky. 😥

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I remember rescuing a German Shepherd from a disorganized friend who had adopted a dog from one of those kind of breeders. The dog was supposed to be a show dog and had the trot, gait, looks, etc.....but was born with only one egg if you catch my drift and was promptly dropped off at the local ASPCA IIRC. We were able to find a really good home for the dog with a cop fortunately, but I wonder how many others weren't/haven't been/won't be as lucky. 😥

I did 11 years in a veterinary clinic and we see a lot, but it only scratches the surface of what’s going on out there. We only see the lucky ones that someone found.

• Like 1