TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

46 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol and then you deleted the server?

I’ll start another one later with a proper introduction and open invitation for anyone here, but I couldn’t resist kicking you as soon as you got in there.  

It was just too good an opportunity to pass up.  

• Like 2

I have been trying to perfectly time when to turn on the TV for the game to start.  This isn’t about missing anything political or anything, it’s purely about not letting the NFL **** me with 10 commercial breaks between the time they say kickoff is to the time they actually kick off.

I get so ****ing mad when it says Kickoff at 7.  I started tuning in at exactly 7:05, but nooooooooo.  Still no ****ing kickoff.

This year, I am not turning the damn thing on until 10 minutes after the official kickoff time.  Don't care if I miss some plays.  Don't care if I miss the whole first drive.

I will not abide this aggression from the NFL any longer.

And guess what!  I'm **legally *treaming the broadcasts.  Global ****ing pandemic, no fans in the stands for the majority of teams for the foreseeable future, and you aren't going to give me an option cheaper than 300 dollars to watch the games I want to watch? 

Charge 5 dollars per game and I will pay you 80 dollars a year for 16 Packer games.  But 300 dollars for Directv?  Why?  So I can have access to the 3-7 Cardinals facing off against the 2-8 Rams by week 10and I can't even use Directv to watch the game I really want to watch because it's an in-market game that you have to take off of Directv because of local programming?

**** YOU, NFL. 

The NFL is my meth addiction.  It's not good for me, it makes me feel like **** more often than it makes me feel good at the end of each year, it's a waste of time, it's not good for my mental health, and I can't quit the ****.

And don't even get me started on the NFL's exclusive license deal with EA.  **** YOU NFL AND EA. 

Edited by Outpost31

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Me too.  But I will be the guy.  It is political.  They are entertainers, and they are there to entertain me.  If I wanted a political message, I would go to a political rally.  I want to watch football.

Please don't start this lol

This take is fine, but this road always leads to the worst places here

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have been trying to perfectly time when to turn on the TV for the game to start.  This isn’t about missing anything political or anything, it’s purely about not letting the NFL **** me with 10 commercial breaks between the time they say kickoff is to the time they actually kick off.

I get so ****ing mad when it says Kickoff at 7.  I started tuning in at exactly 7:05, but nooooooooo.  Still no ****ing kickoff.

This year, I am not turning the damn thing on until 10 minutes after the official kickoff time.  Don't care if I miss some plays.  Don't care if I miss the whole first drive.

I will not abide this aggression from the NFL any longer.

And guess what!  I'm **legally *treaming the broadcasts.  Global ****ing pandemic, no fans in the stands for the majority of teams for the foreseeable future, and you aren't going to give me an option cheaper than 300 dollars to watch the games I want to watch? 

Charge 5 dollars per game and I will pay you 80 dollars a year for 16 Packer games.  But 300 dollars for Directv?  Why?  So I can have access to the 3-7 Cardinals facing off against the 2-8 Rams by week 10and I can't even use Directv to watch the game I really want to watch because it's an in-market game that you have to take off of Directv because of local programming?

**** YOU, NFL. 

The NFL is my meth addiction.  It's not good for me, it makes me feel like **** more often than it makes me feel good at the end of each year, it's a waste of time, it's not good for my mental health, and I can't quit the ****.

And don't even get me started on the NFL's exclusive license deal with EA.  **** YOU NFL AND EA. 

How many accounts did you make on metacritic to 0 Madden 21?

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only 1, and it was after I found out it was already the lowest rated game in history.  

Lol EA sucks but that entire review bombing crap is ridiculously childish. 

It's also not strictly EAs fault that they get to keep that and the 2k games are the same damn **** now.

I only played a few hours of the trial but I felt like it did actually play better, but this was before I say ANYTHING online and that just felt out of left field, though I did see some glitches outside the gameplay.

But this is what people do now. The last of us 2 thing was even worse.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Lol EA sucks but that entire review bombing crap is ridiculously childish. 

It's also not strictly EAs fault that they get to keep that and the 2k games are the same damn **** now.

I only played a few hours of the trial but I felt like it did actually play better, but this was before I say ANYTHING online and that just felt out of left field, though I did see some glitches outside the gameplay.

But this is what people do now. The last of us 2 thing was even worse.

I disagree.  EA needs all the bad press it can get.  What they’ve done to fans of franchise mode in Madden is criminal. 

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

So I'm living in South Jersey now just across the river from Philly. Anyone know of any Packer bars around here? I have zero use for cable tv and really don't feel like paying an exorbitant amount for online streaming...

That’s funny.  I pay nothing for online streaming.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

well yes, but if I want to watch on a tv vs a computer...

I’ve got an 82 inch TV and I’d still rather watch it on my 13 inch laptop screen than pay for it.  It’s a matter of principle.  Give us the option to pay for the games we want to watch and we will pay for them.