TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 7/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, Uffdaswede said:

Thanks to your recommendation I am working through season one.

I LOVED the Firefly series. Smart and funny.

I think The Expanse may be better. Intelligent and gritty.

Omg another firefly fan?!

If the expanse might be better. I'm going to watch it tonight.

I was put off The Expanse due to having read the first couple of books by James S. Corey (starting with The Leviathan Wakes), pen name for joint writers Abraham and Franck. They are not awful, but I couldn't be bothered to read the later books in the series. I'm guessing the series is better than the books by the way people talk about it.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Firefly was damn good for its time and it ended way before its time - the franchise still has a huge following.  I for one, enjoyed it immensely, especially Morena Baccarin 😍

She is very pretty.  She was also in Gotham, which I loved.  

Firefly was still not good though.

Just about at the end of the first season of The Expanse.

Really digging the show.  At first there are too many plots going on at the same time.  But I'm now to the point where they are starting to come together.

I think we watched 3 episodes last night and will probably finish Season One tonight.

Great character development.  And they always have a "hook" at the end to make you want to keep watching.  Just a great recommendation.  Especially about giving it at least 4 episodes, because it is more of a slow burn.

I just want to put this out there...

For the small fee of $1 million dollars I will consult anyone thinking of starting a professional football league. 

My entire service will be to say this and only this.

"Don't. Stop. You're being stupid. You will fail and you will lose a LOT more money if you proceed with this terrible idea." 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

I just want to put this out there...

For the small fee of $1 million dollars I will consult anyone thinking of starting a professional football league. 

My entire service will be to say this and only this.

"Don't. Stop. You're being stupid. You will fail and you will lose a LOT more money if you proceed with this terrible idea." 

You’re the sucker now. I just got $1,000,000 worth of consulting for nothing

I’m going to take the million I just saved and invest it into a minor league football franchise

Edited by Cakeshoppe