TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 7/18/2020 at 2:35 PM, Outpost31 said:

If you had to come up with a new defensive position that has never been tried before, what would they do and what would you call them?

the cannonball:

He can run from anywhere on the field and be assisted (air-lifted) by any teammate to be launched (most likely at the QB).

So, back in the day when Reggie arrived, I believe that part of the Green Bay intro to camp process included physical tests.  Such as lifting weights.  I had heard for years that everyone would do the bench press to see how many reps they could get at 225.  Reggie would go last and beat the best "score" by one lift and then put the bar down.

I"m sure there are still and have been throughout time, very strong individuals in the NFL.  I"m not sure if anyone was stronger than Reggie White.  Not just concerning weights, but natural strength.  Put that onto his frame which was fast and quick twitch athletic...add that with his understanding of leverage and you get one of the most feared defenders to ever put on a pair of shoulder pads.

All time great player, all time great person.  Miss yah Reggie.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So, back in the day when Reggie arrived, I believe that part of the Green Bay intro to camp process included physical tests.  Such as lifting weights.  I had heard for years that everyone would do the bench press to see how many reps they could get at 225.  Reggie would go last and beat the best "score" by one lift and then put the bar down.

I"m sure there are still and have been throughout time, very strong individuals in the NFL.  I"m not sure if anyone was stronger than Reggie White.  Not just concerning weights, but natural strength.  Put that onto his frame which was fast and quick twitch athletic...add that with his understanding of leverage and you get one of the most feared defenders to ever put on a pair of shoulder pads.

All time great player, all time great person.  Miss yah Reggie.

My favorite might be the Ray Lewis pull up story. Walked into the weight room his first day in the facility. Asked what the pull up record was. Was told 50. Rolled up his sleeves (he was wearing dresses clothes for his introduction). Knocked out 51. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

My favorite might be the Ray Lewis pull up story. Walked into the weight room his first day in the facility. Asked what the pull up record was. Was told 50. Rolled up his sleeves (he was wearing dresses clothes for his introduction). Knocked out 51. 

Reggie would have gotten 52.  But really, that's what Ray should have gotten considering his playing number....  :)

On 7/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, Outpost31 said:

The Expanse.  100%.  150%. 

@AlexGreen#20 will agree. 

There is no better science fiction television than The Expanse. 

So, the Expanse.  Got through the first episode.  I expected it to start slowly, and it did.  Ending was the "hook".  Does it get more intense?

I compare it to the Boys and Hunters.  Boys really started with a bang and had me hooked instantly.  Hunters was more of a slow burn, but it didn't take long.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So, the Expanse.  Got through the first episode.  I expected it to start slowly, and it did.  Ending was the "hook".  Does it get more intense?

I compare it to the Boys and Hunters.  Boys really started with a bang and had me hooked instantly.  Hunters was more of a slow burn, but it didn't take long.

I'd suggest getting to episode 4. The interplay between Belters, Earthers, and Mars is really where the show excels.

Plus anything Amos

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I once heard Mike Golic recounting this test at Philly camp - Reggie went in, did his thing. A little bit later, some guy who everyone on the team knew was 'roided up gets on the bench, and beats Reggie by a few reps, and is sitting there talking crap about how he's "stronger than Reggie!" Reggie was in the locker room, heard about this, comes out, and knocks out 5 more reps than roid boy got. Sits up, gives him a death-glare, and goes back into the locker room. 

Maybe that's why he went last in GB. To avoid having to do it twice. 

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd suggest getting to episode 4. The interplay between Belters, Earthers, and Mars is really where the show excels.

Plus anything Amos

Thank you.  I know we are going to give it at least one season.  I'm not overly into Sci-Fi, but the look of this show is movie quality.  It's pretty amazing.