TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

****ing ****, don't make me do what I did to Leader to you.

LOL. Spectrum-boy, you need to stop living in your own head.
Instead of pretending you're a Moderator, make some football posts.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

LOL. Spectrum-boy, you need to stop living in your own head.
Instead of pretending you're a Moderator, make some football posts.

Please let him have his little fit and let it go, he won't.  Also, this is the follow the rules thread.  We don't politics at all in here.  

For example:  Last night I farted and it was like super loud and I laughed.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Please let him have his little fit and let it go, he won't.  Also, this is the follow the rules thread.  We don't politics at all in here.  

For example:  Last night I farted and it was like super loud and I laughed.

My wife let one last night that scared our cats.  It was hilarious.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My wife let one last night that scared our cats.  It was hilarious.

I adopted a cat at work.  He lives somewhere around here, I bought some cat food and a cute cat bowl.  He ate the food yesterday.  

He is never coming inside, and I am not taking it to the vet unless it gets injured.  My guess is there is an 80% chance he gets eaten by coyotes before the year is out.  But  I will keep leaving him food and water until he stops coming around for it.  

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I adopted a cat at work.  He lives somewhere around here, I bought some cat food and a cute cat bowl.  He ate the food yesterday. He is never coming inside, and I am not taking it to the vet unless it gets injured.  My guess is there is an 80% chance he gets eaten by coyotes before the year is out.  But  I will keep leaving him food and water until he stops coming around for it.  

This is a good thing, but if you determine the cat's actually feral and not owned by somebody that lives near you - you should coordinate with your local Humane Society to catch it and have it neutered. Mine did six cats - all for free. You'd be doing the cat and the local cat population a favor. 

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is a good thing, but if you determine the cat's actually feral and not owned by somebody that lives near you - you should coordinate with your local Humane Society to catch it and have it neutered. Mine did six cats - all for free. You'd be doing the cat and the local cat population a favor. 

I hear that absolutely.  My main issue is, this cat is not going to get a name and is going to be called "the cat."  And he will most likely end up coyote food, or hit by a truck.  I have only seen it through my window, but he has eaten food for two days now.  I have enough disposable income to buy it food for as long as it stays.  Hopefully, it keeps mice from getting into the plant, and hopefully my feeding it cat food will incentivize (how do you spell that?) it to stay around to do that job. 

I fed an outdoor cat once.  Then it came inside and didn't leave for 14 years.  She was a really good one.  

As much as I adopted her, she really adopted me.

Man, no joke, my life changed the minute she took over my house.  Jobs got better.  Found my wife.  Bought a house.  

It was a very sad day back when COVID hit when I had to say goodbye to her.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hear that absolutely.  My main issue is, this cat is not going to get a name and is going to be called "the cat."  And he will most likely end up coyote food, or hit by a truck.  I have only seen it through my window, but he has eaten food for two days now.  I have enough disposable income to buy it food for as long as it stays.  Hopefully, it keeps mice from getting into the plant, and hopefully my feeding it cat food will incentivize (how do you spell that?) it to stay around to do that job. 

Understood and entirely your call. Just say'in. The cats going to keep coming around so long as there's a food source. Whether you're the primary or the secondary is the question. If you're the primary and you intend to keep feeding it for companionship and its rodent killing skills - it makes sense for all concerned to get it fixed. It probably doesnt cost anything, the animal will be healthier, eat more rats and produce less little cats - which is a good result. If you're the secondary.....you're gonna wind up with a fat cat :)

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Understood and entirely your call. Just say'in. The cats going to keep coming around so long as there's a food source. Whether you're the primary or the secondary is the question. If you're the primary and you intend to keep feeding it for companionship and its rodent killing skills - it makes sense for all concerned to get it fixed. It probably doesnt cost anything, the animal will be healthier, eat more rats and produce less little cats - which is a good result. If you're the secondary.....you're gonna wind up with a fat cat :)

I'm hopefully an easy secondary source.  It has eaten today and yesterday.  But I don't think the 1.3 ounces of food that I give it will completely sate it, I could be wrong though.  It has lived around our plant for a month or so, but I didn't see it until yesterday.  It is very shy.  I like having it around, but it's name is "cat" and there will be no litter box purchased, it is staying outside.  If it needs shelter, it can crawl under pallets like it has been doing, or hide in the warehouse.