TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 7/3/2020 at 1:41 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Same reason I have this one, to remind myself to at least try not to be an arrogant douchebag.

Interesting reason for having a user name. :) 

Josh Jones maybe?

Or you could pick Jordy Nelson or James Jones and just try to be more like them lol, not arrogant douchebags

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Interesting reason for having a user name. :) 

Josh Jones maybe?

Or you could pick Jordy Nelson or James Jones and just try to be more like them lol, not arrogant douchebags

I was anti Josh Jones from Day 1. 

I'm not putting a damn WR in my username. I had to comprise my values to even get a RB on there. 

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I was anti Josh Jones from Day 1. 

I'm not putting a damn WR in my username. I had to comprise my values to even get a RB on there. 

Hey, I don't know your values, so just throwing ideas out there to stick.

So you prefer a linemen that you liked but has bust and haven't been following the draft since Brohm (2008) but have since Alex Green (2011)... so options include

• BJ Raji (not a bust, but didn't live up to his potential often either)
  • Quinn Johnson (okay not a linemen, but a full time blocker)
  • Mike Neal (roids)
  • Derrick Sherri's
  • Caleb Schlauderaff (6th round pick, who I HAD to mention because it pissed me off, we selected him one pick before Tyrod Taylor (whom I really wanted and thought would make a great backup, and one look as Schlauderaff and I didn't think he had a shot of making it)
  • Nick Perry (like Raji, not a bust, but didn't live up to his potential, and he seems to have walk away from football after the Packers)
  • Andrew Datko, 7th rounder (due to injury), got a TON of hype though for a late rounder.
  • Datone Jones
  • Khryi Thornton (who? EXACTLY, others might not even get this reference, but you will).
  • Aaron Ripkowski (not a linemen, but more hype than production and last name is kinda cool sounding)
  • Jason Spriggs (The most over rated linemen in recent years, where a few people were demanding Bulaga be moved to RG for Spriggs because Spriggs was taller and Bulaga was injury prone, news flash, Spriggs is clearly worse and even more injury prone)
  • Kyle Murphy (only mentioning, as I did have a little bit of hope for that guy).
  • Montravius Adams (not officially a bust yet, but strongly look like we're headed that way)
  • Oren Burks (not a linemen, but I thought he looked like bust from before the draft, I've seen Packers kicker whom clearly hit harder than he did in college, he's a slow safety who's large and not physical, though not a bust yet, and based on Gute's words I could be wrong, that being said, he hasn't done much good on defense yet.
  • Artist formerly known as AlexGreen#20 (lol, cus I had too)
  • Or just keep what you got
Edited by Beast

just decided to do this. what i remember from our 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders since i've been watching NFL Drafts. been a REAL fan since January 9, 2005. 

r1 Jordan Love: mega pissed. wanted denzel mims.
r2 AJ Dillon: suuuuper pissed. wanted josh jones. 
r3 Josiah Deguara: i was numb at this point, but wasn't super pissed, I liked him. wanted akeem davis-gaither. 

r1: Rashan Gary: meeeega pissed was my worst case scenario. wanted brian burns. 
r1: Darnell Savage: was pissed we traded up for him. was meh on savage. overall disappointed. wanted aj brown. 
r2: Elgton Jenkins: was meh on the pick. still really wanted aj brown. 
r3: Jace Sternberger: was meh on the pick. wanted chauncey gardner-johnson. 

r1: Jaire Alexander: was mega pissed we passed on the chance of getting Derwin James. but liked Jaire a lot and was happy with this after the 5-minute initial sadness of missing DJ. 
r2: Josh Jackson: was hyped with the pick. I didn't like Jackson in the 1st, but the value seemed too good. wanted dallas goedert. 
r3: Oren Burks: was super pissed. had never heard of him. i think i wanted kyzir white or daesean hamilton here. 

r1: Kevin King: was ok with the pick. i barely watched any film this year on anyone was too busy. think i wanted sidney jones. 
r2: Josh Jones: at this point knew VERY few people in the class. so i was confused, but cool with it. liked it a ton after watching a little film. don't think i wanted anyone in particular. 
r3: Montravius Adams: didn't even recognize his name. was meh on it. watched film and hated it. 

r1: Kenny Clark: was meh on it. i liked Clark, just had grown tired of taking bad DL early in the draft, so i was like whatever. wanted myles jack. 
r2: Jason Spriggs: was meh on it. i just remembered this was another year where i barely knew anyone. no idea who i wanted.
r3: Kyler Fackrell: didn't know many people at this point, but hated it after seeing his face. really hated it after watching film. 

r1: Damarious Randall: meeeeega pissed. absolutely hated it. wanted denzel perryman. 
r2: Quinten Rollins: remember being ok with the pick, I liked Rollins. wanted tyler lockett. 
r3: Ty Montgomery: was meh with the pick. think i wanted justin hardy or paul dawson. 

r1: HaHa Clinton-Dix: was very content. think wanted marcus smith ii or rashede hageman more tho.
r2: Davante Adams: was very content. think i wanted allen robinson. but was happy with any of adams, latimer or robinson there. 
r3: Khyri Thorton: absolute disgust for this pick. can't remember who i wanted, but i think it was devonta freeman. 
r3: Richard Rodgers: was content with this pick even though i remember most were pissed. still wanted freeman, but we needed TE bad, and he was tops on my board at that point. 

r1: Datone Jones: was very pissed. wanted cordarrelle patterson in the worst way. 
r2: Eddie Lacy: was fine with it. wanted keenan allen or christine michael. 

r1: Nick Perry: was verrrry happy with this pick. maybe most happy i've been. preferred courtney upshaw, but was very pleased. 
r2: Jerel Worthy: absolutely loved it. think i wanted vinny curry despite already having Perry. 
r2: Casey Hayward: was very happy. don't remember who i wanted more, but there was probably someone. 

r1: Derek Sherrod: super disappointed. think i wanted ras-i dowling. 
r2: Randall Cobb: the guy i wanted most at that point. **** myself when we picked him. i remember when we drafted him i was super happy, but i was in trouble and had been sent to my room, but heard the pick from my room. 
r3: Alex Green: hated it at first. after watching film, thought he was gonna be a stud tho. no idea who i wanted. think i wanted taiwan jones. 

r1: Bryan Bulaga: wasn't pissed. wanted dez bryant super bad. but i was fine with it. definitely was sad though. 
r2: Mike Neal: i legit threw a fit and went to bed. for real lol. maybe one of my worst temper tantrums of my adolescence. think i wanted golden tate or brandon spikes. 
r3: Morgan Burnett: i was still pissed from the Neal pick, but i remember liking Burnett a lot. he maaaay have been my favorite at that point. maybe major wright. 

r1: BJ Raji: i was content. but reeeeaaallly wanted brian orakpo. 
r1: Clay Matthews: was underwhelmed, but ok with it. no idea who i wanted. probably maualga or laurinaitis. or beanie wells. 

r2: Jordy Nelson: was disappointed, wanted desean jackson or fred davis. but i had wanted jordy nelson's highlight reel a lot and was a fan. 
r2: Brian Brohm: i was ok with the pick, i remember hating Rodgers in my youth. think i wanted dan connor.
r2: Patrick Lee: was very pleased with this pick. think i still wanted dan connor but was cool with this.
r3: Jermichael Finley: WE HAVE ARRIVED. i was ecstatic. had watched his highlights well over 10 times leading up to the draft. 

r1: Justin Harrell: threw an absolute fit. i flipped the **** out. think i went to bed and took all the packers memorabilia off my walls. 
r2: Brandon Jackson: i liked this pick a lot. was very happy. thought he was gonna be a great one. 
r3: James Jones: i wanna say i was pissed probably. watched his highlights after and liked him. but i think i was pissed initially. think i wanted johnnie lee higgins. 
r3: Aaron Rouse: loved this pick. had watched his highlights before the draft.

r1: AJ Hawk: was the guy i wanted. probably my favorite pick in packers history and my first as a packers fan. or my first year giving a **** enough to watch the draft. 
r2: Daryn Colledge: **** i forgot this dude was a 2nd rounder wtf. don't even remember this pick tbh. thought he was like a 5th rounder.
r2: Greg Jennings: i don't remember tbh. 
r3: Abdul Hodge: remember liking this pick a lot. just from the stuff they showed on the draft broadcast.
r3: Jason Spitz: i don't remember tbh. 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

j
r3: Alex Green: hated it at first. after watching film, thought he was gonna be a stud tho. no idea who i wanted. think i wanted taiwan jones. 

I always love going back to picks where I remember "man, I was so angry at this pick, I really wanted (player who ended up having a worse NFL career) because I though he was going to be a stud"; it's nice to have actual proof that the GMs are usually at least a little better than me at picking NFL players. 

Also, TIL Taiwan Jones is still in the league (or at least was as of last season)

Edited by Mr Bad Example

12 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Also, TIL Taiwan Jones is still in the league (or at least was as of last season)

one of the most ridiculous college highlight tapes i've ever seen. now that i go back and watch it again right now, he was running thru masssssive holes, but i didn't notice that kinda **** when i was 13. 

• Like 1

Here are my notable reactions from the same time period:

2020:  You know who I wanted in the 3rd round.

2019:  

2018:  Of all my Mizzou homerism, you guys take J'Mon Moore? Damn!  Then redeem yourselves by taking EQ.  I probably would have taken EQ in the second or third.

2017:  Kevin King was who I wanted in the first, we traded into the second and still got him.  Kendall Donnerson, oh hell yeah!

2016:  Jason Spriggs in the second round and Kyle Murphy in the 7th means we can keep paying rookie wage scale at T and not miss a beat!  xD  Kofi Amichia, oh hell yeah!

2015:  Who is Damarious Randall?

2014:  HaHa Clinton-Dix is a dream scenario.  He will be the next great safety in the league.  Jeff Janis, oh hell yeah!

2013:  We actually drafted the Curvin Johnson guy Jimmy Kimmel made up.  And his tape looks good!

2012:  Jeron McMillian is going to be a poor man's Nick Collins.  Put him with Morgan Burnett and we don't have to worry about the safety position for 10 years!  Andrew Datko, oh hell yeah!

2011:  Derrick Sherrod is probably our best case scenario in this draft!  Drafting him to replace Chad Clifton gives us bookend tackles on rookie contracts!  Randall Cobb too!  BEST DRAFT EVER!

2010:  Bulaga isn't who I wanted, but the value is too good to pass up.  Andrew Quarless is a Jermichael clone, we will be unstoppable!  That Starks kid looks really good!

2009:  Really wanted Okung to fall, I hope Raji is ok.  We traded up for the worst of the USC linebackers!?  Come on Ted! TJ Lang is outstanding value, I can't believe that he lasted to our pick (I bet 1/3 mock drafts on this site had TJ Lang as a late round steal for some team).  Jamon Meredith, oh hell yeah!

2008:  Jordy Nelson? We needed a TE, and Dustin Keller was there!  We just drafted Jones and Jennings, come on Ted!  Ted redeems himself by picking Patrick Lee, he will make a pro bowl!  JERMICHAEL FINLEY!!! Ok, forget Keller, Ted is a living saint! Jeremy Thompson, oh hell yeah!  Josh Sitton, oh hell yeah! Matt Flynn will be better than Brian Brohm.

2007:  Oh my god, I just about went on a murder-spree when you said "University of Tennessee," I thought it was going to be Robert Meachem.  Super happy that it was Harrell!  James Jones?  We could have traded for Randy Moss, come on Ted! Aaron Rouse, oh hell yeah!  Allen Babre, oh hell yeah!  Mason Crosby = GOAT kicker.

2006:  Really wanted Mario Williams.  Also thought maybe Reggie Bush slides.  Also really wanted D'Brickashaw Ferguson.  Also really wanted Michael Huff.  Also kind of wanted Vernon Davis.  Settled for Hawk.  Daryn Colledge is going to be a great tackle when it is time to move on from Clifton, and he is going to be a great guard in the meantime!  Greg Jennings is going to be amazing!

2005:  Aaron Rodgers isn't Heath Miller.  We need a TE, what are you doing Ted?  ...What is a Bethune Cookman? Mike Hawkins is going to give this secondary some much needed speed!

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, Cakeshoppe said:

2. Mountain Lion

We managed to snap a few pics of this mountain lion years ago. We were in Sequoia National Forest in early June and the forest service roads had just been opened up - but nobody had been back in there yet. We had to clear the road of several trees that fell during the winter.

Then we saw this guy, a decent sized mountain lion and he kinda watched us for awhile and then slipped away.
What a treat and I'm glad my wife managed to snap a couple of shots. We came across a black bear about 30 minutes later, but he took off like he saw a ghost, so we didn't get that one on film. Great day in the Southern Sierra's

MountainLion08 (2)MountainLion2

edited

Edited by Shanedorf