TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

19 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

It’s not a good idea to tell anyone you work in the financial sector.

Talking about "it" is fine. Giving specific advice is a different story, especially on this message board, lol. Most posters here are happy if they have enough money for their Marlboros and bar tab... Not a client rich environment.

Again, Carpe Emptor. We have a black swan event warning.... Be prepared!

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

Talking about "it" is fine. Giving specific advice is a different story, especially on this message board, lol. Most posters here are happy if they have enough money for their Marlboros and bar tab... Not a client rich environment.

Again, Carpe Emptor. We have a black swan event warning.... Be prepared!

I'm trying not to take financial advice from a message board, but I'm too curious...

"Carpe Emptor"....like "seize the buyer", does this mean something cryptic or have i forgotten my Latin?

5 hours ago, DamSamn said:

I'm trying not to take financial advice from a message board, but I'm too curious...

"Carpe Emptor"....like "seize the buyer", does this mean something cryptic or have i forgotten my Latin?

Most people understand it as "buyer beware".  I'm using it in a more general matter... Watch and protect your money.

The question is SVb an outlier or the tip of the sword of instructional distress?!? At the moment it's neither. It's certainly not an outlier. SVb has/had limited retail deposits and is/was under stress with the downsizing of the Tech industry. It is/was also heavily exposed to the aggressive rates hikes- bad, bad index combinations.

The majority of financial institutions aren't this vulnerable to the current market stressors; but, all of them have some level of exposure... LSS, know your level of exposure, hope for the best and get prepared for the worst.

GL!

8 hours ago, DamSamn said:

I think it's supposed to be caveat emptor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

I think it's supposed to be caveat emptor

Yes, lol... I guess the literal definition of "carpe" is pluck, which is commonly referenced as seize. I work with a lady that uses carpe (pluck) as a cuss word. 

Well, SBYN now failed... They're a bit crazy, though. They have an insane amount of Crypto assets on the books- smh

Some are also worried about First Republic now. We'll see.

Edited by Donzo

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Haha I just know I've seen you post about nutrition and food in the weightlifting thread. Or at least I thought you had. 

I’ve always hated the taste of vegetable juice. I used to drink it just so I didn’t have to worry about getting vegetables, but right now I don’t get any calories from liquid except for wine at night. I feel cheated by calories consumed while drinking, and my very first piece of advice for anybody who asks me for fitness advice is to drink a gallon of water a day. The reason this is the first thing I tell them is to see how serious they are. If they can’t drink a gallon of water a day, their heart isn’t in it and they’re going to stay fat. They won’t have the will to get to the hard parts of eating right and exercise. The second benefit of drinking a gallon of water every day is if they’re drinking a gallon of water, they’ll be less inclined to get calories from liquids. Calories from liquids is the single greatest cause of obesity in my opinion. People do not stop to think about how many calories are in a soda much less juice, which is also loaded.

So if someone asked me if vegetable juice was healthy, my answer would be absolutely, and then I would go into a monologue about how healthy and weight loss are not synonymous. Avocados are extremely ****ing healthy, but if you’re trying to lose weight you better not look at one.

So if you’re trying to gain weight, absolutely. Pound vegetable juice. Look at the ingredients first. If there’s anything you can’t pronounce, don’t drink it. Right now I am on a huge cancer awareness kick, and that’s my first and foremost rule (above nutrients, above calories). If it has something in it I can’t pronounce, I don’t consume it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ve always hated the taste of vegetable juice. I used to drink it just so I didn’t have to worry about getting vegetables, but right now I don’t get any calories from liquid except for wine at night. I feel cheated by calories consumed while drinking, and my very first piece of advice for anybody who asks me for fitness advice is to drink a gallon of water a day. The reason this is the first thing I tell them is to see how serious they are. If they can’t drink a gallon of water a day, their heart isn’t in it and they’re going to stay fat. They won’t have the will to get to the hard parts of eating right and exercise. The second benefit of drinking a gallon of water every day is if they’re drinking a gallon of water, they’ll be less inclined to get calories from liquids. Calories from liquids is the single greatest cause of obesity in my opinion. People do not stop to think about how many calories are in a soda much less juice, which is also loaded.

So if someone asked me if vegetable juice was healthy, my answer would be absolutely, and then I would go into a monologue about how healthy and weight loss are not synonymous. Avocados are extremely ****ing healthy, but if you’re trying to lose weight you better not look at one.

So if you’re trying to gain weight, absolutely. Pound vegetable juice. Look at the ingredients first. If there’s anything you can’t pronounce, don’t drink it. Right now I am on a huge cancer awareness kick, and that’s my first and foremost rule (above nutrients, above calories). If it has something in it I can’t pronounce, I don’t consume it.

Yeah I buy the good stuff. I enjoy it, I get all the low sodium high potassium varieties. The V8 beet/lemon/ginger is actually quite good. I've just recently gotten into it. But I enjoy the taste as well. It's the only caloric liquid I drink (other than the occasional wine or whiskey) as well.

Well, that's not true. I drink high fat kefir, too. But that's almost like eating yogurt.