TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 2/18/2023 at 12:35 AM, sparkyjoe1 said:

Hate your team, respect your food palette... not sure if brisket falls into the Wisconsin category but I love cheese curds so we should be good! Smoking a brisket (again) and I haven't had much luck. Any thoughts on temp and duration? I've tried 24 hours at hot as hell already... (don't know how to do that green font and it would make me feel icky anyways) Any serious suggestions would be welcome!

What kind of smoker are you using?

Depending on preferences and time available, you can either go low and slow at around 250 degrees or go hot and fast by cooking closer to 300-325 if time is an issue. Lotsa different options depending on what you are cooking on.

Why are balls so sensitive?

If you’re eating jalapeños and you scratch your arm your arm doesn’t burn, so why do you have to avoid touching your balls?

What’s different between the skin of your scrotum and the skin of your arms?

I get you don’t touch your eyes after eating jalapeños, but why can’t you scratch your balls after?

Google has not been helpful in this. It just tells me how to help and I don’t care, I’m fine, I’m not dipping my balls in milk. I’ll tough it out. I just want to know why, and Google isn’t helping me find out why.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Why are balls so sensitive?

If you’re eating jalapeños and you scratch your arm your arm doesn’t burn, so why do you have to avoid touching your balls?

What’s different between the skin of your scrotum and the skin of your arms?

I get you don’t touch your eyes after eating jalapeños, but why can’t you scratch your balls after?

Google has not been helpful in this. It just tells me how to help and I don’t care, I’m fine, I’m not dipping my balls in milk. I’ll tough it out. I just want to know why, and Google isn’t helping me find out why.

Number of nerve ending per surface area??

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 12:35 AM, sparkyjoe1 said:

Hate your team, respect your food palette... not sure if brisket falls into the Wisconsin category but I love cheese curds so we should be good! Smoking a brisket (again) and I haven't had much luck. Any thoughts on temp and duration? I've tried 24 hours at hot as hell already... (don't know how to do that green font and it would make me feel icky anyways) Any serious suggestions would be welcome!

I do brisket on my Weber Genesis grill.

First I use a smoke tube and smoke the brisket for 4 hours, no heat.

Then I turn on the grill and smoke it at about 220 for 8 hours.

Always turns out good for me.  Seasoning wise, I don't season for the first 4 hours, then I add smokey seasoned salt, garlic and pepper.  Keep it simple.

The only "trick" I've learned is to not "peek".  Just let it do it's thing. 

20 hours ago, Tperk said:

What kind of smoker are you using?

Depending on preferences and time available, you can either go low and slow at around 250 degrees or go hot and fast by cooking closer to 300-325 if time is an issue. Lotsa different options depending on what you are cooking on.

Pit boss. I went low and slow (220°), wrapped it at 165° and smoked it until it got to 205°. It turned out really good this time. Thanks for the input!

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Always turns out good for me.  Seasoning wise, I don't season for the first 4 hours, then I add smokey seasoned salt, garlic and pepper.  Keep it simple.

Yeah, patience is key. It's easier for me in the winter because I'm not outside smelling it all day and anxiously tapping my foot and waiting. I just sit inside and check the temp on the app... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You don't season your brisket until its been on for 4 hours???

13 hours ago, Tperk said:

You don't season your brisket until its been on for 4 hours???

That's right.  The first 4 hours is just the smoke tube in my Genesis, so there is really very little heat at that time, just great smoke, so I let that smoke "season" the meat first.

After that 4 hours is done, then I season the meat with spices, get the smoke tube going, and get my grill on about 200-220 degrees.  Typically I'll turn on a front burner for the heat, then I'll put the meat on the back of the grill with the smoke tube next to it.

So...what's the statue of limitations on drinking water that you got from you tap and put into a glass without ice?

And what point and time is it considered gross?

Real conversation in my house when I got a glass of water...forgot about it for about 4 hours on the countertop next to the sink.  Then took a drink and got scolded from my wife.

Who had her glass of water for the same amount of time, but it was sitting on the coffee table next to her.  Only her glass had ice in it.

Does putting ice in the water extend the time it can be drank without being gross?

I know this isn't as riveting at wiping while standing up at the toilet, or taking an AC Slater...but still....