Training Camp

turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all @Thaiphoon’s. 

Going into his second year, Moreland gives Washington another corner like Kendall Fuller who offers positional versatility, something Ron Rivera has frequently said this offseason he desires. Moreland could fit as the third corner on the depth chart who either plays the slot or allows Fuller to kick inside in nickel and dime packages while Moreland plays outside. His progression throughout the year was clear to see as the mental errors were reduced and the flashes of positive plays increased. He has a natural nose for the football, and with a year of experience under his belt, he could develop into a key member of the secondary going forward.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

Top training camp battles:

1. WR2: AGG vs Gibson vs Latimer vs Steven Sims 

2. Agree w/ him Wes Martin vs Wes Schweitzer (the battle of the Wes’s)

3. Agree on his LBs, all of them are competing for the 3 starting spots & the 3 or 4 back up spots.

4. FS: He has Sean Davis vs Apke, but I don't think it's a real competition bc Sean Davis is a better player but Apke does have a lot of athleticism.

5. CB 1 & 2: He has Darby vs Moreau vs Moreland but he left out Fuller. I think Fuller is one of our starters and the other 3 are competing for the CB2 & CB3 spots. The question is, when we go to 3 CBs, will Fuller slide to the slot or stay outside? TBD

6. LT: Gerron Christian vs Saahdiq Charles vs Cornelius Lucas.

7. RB: Peterson vs everyone else! Haha 😂 The competition is Guice vs Love vs Gibson (if he's playing RB) vs McKissic for playing time behind Peterson.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:30 AM, HTTRDynasty said:

Calling all @Thaiphoon’s. 

Pretty sure this kid is going to get a real chance to prove he can be a starting outside CB in the NFL. I figure the chances of Fabian Moreau and Ronald Darby both staying healthy all season have to be about as low as the chances that the Redskins will re-hire Emily Applegate to help with the name change marketing project.

Can’t ask for more than that as a 7th round FCS kid, a real and legitimate path to locking down a wide-open long-term starting job if you show you can play. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Pretty sure this kid is going to get a real chance to prove he can be a starting outside CB in the NFL. I figure the chances of Fabian Moreau and Ronald Darby both staying healthy all season have to be about as low as the chances that the Redskins will re-hire Emily Applegate to help with the name change marketing project.

Can’t ask for more than that as a 7th round FCS kid, a real and legitimate path to locking down a wide-open long-term starting job if you show you can play. 

My fingers (and everything I can cross) are crossed for him to mirror his progression in the NFL like he did in college.

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Love it! I'm really pulling for him but I don't have the blind faith that Thai does.