Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Call it what you will - but this will be a new stadium construction on the same site. A two to three year time frame is realistic.

I scanned over the information as it has been released to date. My thoughts? 

If the information is true and the Haslams/City of Cleveland/Cuyahoga County commit all those resources (manpower, materials, and dollars) and don't even consider a dome - they are all fools.

This is 2023 - not 1923. The technology is here to make it happen - either with a turf field or an indoor grass field.

A domed facility opens up so many more revenue streams.

The original link didnt work for me but thanks for the update. My original thought was why do they need to move unless they were building on the exact same site. I thought we heard for years how the wanted to move the Browns stadium to a different location, what changed?

As far as moving to Columbus--The Haslems have been trying to tap into that market since they bought the team and given that Columbus has a 100k person capacity football stadium it makes sense. It also make sense to play at the HOF stadium since its only 35 mins away and not 2 hours--but I dont know if Canton has the capacity to deal with that on a routine basis.

How many more revenue streams does a dome actually open up? Honest question. The 1x per 3 years Taylor Swift goes on tour? The 1x per 4 years Cleveland gets to host a USMNT game? Im just saying, in the past 5 years Cleveland has hosted the Final Four, NFL draft, NBA All Star Game and MLB All Star game....all without a domed stadium. What exactly are all of these hosting opportunities we are missing out on that would be happening monthly with a domed 70k person stadium. 

I just dont remember a lot of times Cleveland got passed up on hosting a event because 'aw shucks they dont have a domed 70k person stadium'

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Call it what you will - but this will be a new stadium construction on the same site. A two to three year time frame is realistic.

I scanned over the information as it has been released to date. My thoughts? 

If the information is true and the Haslams/City of Cleveland/Cuyahoga County commit all those resources (manpower, materials, and dollars) and don't even consider a dome - they are all fools.

This is 2023 - not 1923. The technology is here to make it happen - either with a turf field or an indoor grass field.

A domed facility opens up so many more revenue streams.

A dome should be the starting point of all discussions.

No one wants to sit outside in 30 degree weather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A dome should be the starting point of all discussions.

No one wants to sit outside in 30 degree weather.

Especially considering we've built a finesse team and speedy team, so that should probably be utilized from this point forward.

20 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Especially because by the time it's cold, the Browns are usually 3-10

Case in point:

This past year, my wife actually suggested on our kid-less weekend that we go catch a Browns game against the Ravens before dinner and our hotel.

Not only were the Browns eliminated by then, but we proceeded to look at the weather, and I realized quickly that our romantic getaway, aside from being completely ruined by the Browns, would further be ruined by the awful weather, was immediately a hard no...FROM ME, not even her.

Now, had that game been in a dome at 70 degrees, maybe she talks me into it. And I used to be a "LET THEM PLAY IN THE WIND/RAIN/SNOW!!!!!!" apologist. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idgaf about the team makeup, I care about my delicate ***.  No one wants to sit outside when it’s cold and windy.

I always pictured you as one of those guys chugging beer and screaming with no shirt on when it's 10 degrees out. How disappointing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I always pictured you as one of those guys chugging beer and screaming with no shirt on when it's 10 degrees out. How disappointing.

Oh god no.

I don’t buy beer at the stadium for one, definitely not making a scene.  I’m a jackarse in here but irl I’m pretty reserved in public settings.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh god no.

I don’t buy beer at the stadium for one, definitely not making a scene.  I’m a jackarse in here but irl I’m pretty reserved in public settings.  

I already put my foot down on not doing Disney ever for crowds and corporations factor, so I can’t have crowds at an outdoor browns game used against me for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

I have paid almost zero attention to this whole debacle, but this guy makes ya think.

Too much speculation on both sides but I am leaning towards slander campaign based on that document, but I'm at work and also don't care all that much to look any further 🤷‍♂️

Edited by adamq

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference but the run on ends and dts didn't help. 

I hope there is still some depth by the 3rd round. 

I hope teams start drafting safeties and rbs 

The good news is that zero guys I thought might slide to us were taken in R1. Mazi Smith was my only “maybe,” but I wasn’t even that interested in him.