Browns General Discussion

candyman93

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I imagine given Covid-19 uncertainty, he’s just accepted staying here another year.

Never understood why he wanted out so bad. He’s going to get plenty of snaps in our offen

From what I’ve heard he’s wanted out for a while. I can’t blame any player who doesn’t want to be here. He’s been through so much garbage. I’m glad to have him back though. I’ve always been a fan. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

From what I’ve heard he’s wanted out for a while. I can’t blame any player who doesn’t want to be here. He’s been through so much garbage. I’m glad to have him back though. I’ve always been a fan. 

I think he still gets traded though. However, I think Stefanskis scheme will help him get snaps.

We’ll see.

He requested a trade July 6th.

Either he:

1. He had a total change of heart. I doubt it.

2. Nobody wants him and the Browns are not going to just release him.

3. David has doubts given the totality of sports struggling to function as a whole. So it’s safer to just be like “f it, I’ll try 1 more year.”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He requested a trade July 6th.

Either he:

1. He had a total change of heart. I doubt it.

2. Nobody wants him and the Browns are not going to just release him.

3. David has doubts given the totality of sports struggling to function as a whole. So it’s safer to just be like “f it, I’ll try 1 more year.”

I think 3.

It doesn't seem like his heart was in being traded it was coming from a more rational place given his contract.  It's not as rational now given #3.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’d definitely give Brian Winters a shot at RG. Not sure why the Jets cut him.

Believe it saved them close to $8m. He has finished each of the past two seasons on the IR. Jets  Signed Van Roten In the offseason. 

he is a Hudson guy, so maybe bring him home to finish out the rest of his career. 

Edited by buno67

I read before he hired Stefanski that he absolutely hated penalties. Penalties straight killed drives and what he likes to do.

Winters had 526 snaps and only 2 penalties + 1 sack. I bet gets a call at least.

Breaking down penalties last year: Joel had 3, Tretter had 2, and Conklin had 6. 

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?tm=8&yr=2019

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1