Browns General Discussion

candyman93

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t want to hear about VORP with LBs. I don’t know when this whole talking about LBs not mattering started but it’s incorrect. Look at the elite teams over the past decade plus. They have had great LBs. Seattle, Baltimore, Pittsburgh,Carolina,NE. Have all had great LB play. We need good LBs. We already have our elite DE. We have our elite CB. Greedy should be very good and Vernon is a great number 2 if we retain him. We need LBs. Mack can’t tackle, he’s a glorified safety. 

Needing LBs is 100% dependent on your scheme.

Baltimore (right now), Kansas City, and San Francisco have below average to bad linebackers. However, they make up for it with defensive line play.

It’s the opposite with New England and Tennessee. They have zero pass rush, but incredible secondary play and phenomenal linebackers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well in Troy's first season he had zero starts so that is a little deceiving.

Also Anthony Henry forced more turnovers in his rookie season than Adams has in his career.

Confirms... nothing.

A safety definitely isn't worth 2 1sts. Especially when you have to give him QB money on top of it. Jets won that deal easily.

I’m not saying he is better than Troy I’m just saying he is a damn good safety. A safety that has been misused in NY. Mink didn’t look anything special in Miami. Just a good young safety. He goes to the Steelers who know how to use their safeties and he explodes into a monster play maker. Let’s see what Adam does for a defense like Seattle, who knows how to use safeties

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I’m not saying he is better than Troy I’m just saying he is a damn good safety. A safety that has been misused in NY. Mink didn’t look anything special in Miami. Just a good young safety. He goes to the Steelers who know how to use their safeties and he explodes into a monster play maker. Let’s see what Adam does for a defense like Seattle, who knows how to use safeties

I think Minkah just had a fluky good year. Not that he isn't good or that he statistically had a great year but he seemed to be like Gipson was the one year where the ball just found him.

I think both are good players and giving up a 1st for Fitzpatrick isn't terrible but two firsts would have been, just like the Adams deal. I'd put my money on Nick Chubb winning me more games over his replacement than Adams and Nick Chubb would never net you two first round picks because of his position value and Safety should be the same way.

Kind of mind blowing to me, but out of the top 7 pass rushing teams, only 1 of them made the playoffs. That team was the Eagles.

Yet, when you look at the top 8 pass defending teams, you get the following: New England, San Francisco, Buffalo, Baltimore, and Kansas City.

Fun fact, we we’re 7th. I honestly think we can have a top 5 defense in 1-2 years if guys stay healthy. We are going to use a LOT of draft capital on defense the next 2 years.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Kind of mind blowing to me, but out of the top 7 pass rushing teams, only 1 of them made the playoffs. That team was the Eagles.

Yet, when you look at the top 8 pass defending teams, you get the following: New England, San Francisco, Buffalo, Baltimore, and Kansas City.

Fun fact, we we’re 7th. I honestly think we can have a top 5 defense in 1-2 years if guys stay healthy. We are going to use a LOT of draft capital on defense the next 2 years.

Those trends flip flop all his time. One year pass rushing teams dominate the league next it’s pass defending. They kind of mutually help each other. If you have a great pass rush it can make the secondary look good even if the stats don’t back it up with sacks. And vis versa. 

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Those trends flip flop all his time. One year pass rushing teams dominate the league next it’s pass defending. They kind of mutually help each other. If you have a great pass rush it can make the secondary look good even if the stats don’t back it up with sacks. And vis versa. 

The league is bipolar.

It’s why teams need to just establish an identity and be stubborn with it.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, Dawgpoun8017 said:

the only Safety I would consider giving up two firsts for is Ed reed in his prime or Sean Taylor , I will give you you a first for Adams but I am not giving up two

I would add Ronnie Lott (eventhough he was a CB his first 5 seasons and had 23 INTs) and Night Train Lane and that WOULD be IT...for me too....

Eventhough I loved Eric Turner, Dennis Smith, Steve Attwater, Louis Oliver, David Fulcher, Tim McDonald, Kenny Easly and Early Thomas... (Bob Sanders gets a mention, but he was hurt a LOT)...I wouldnt give up 2 1rst + 3rd + Starting SS...that is a LOT for any Safety.

And I am a safety Fan, I have been talking about the "Big Nickle", (which seems to be becoming so Popular, hell Steve Wilks wanted to run it last year, now Joe Woods wants to run one this year) as a Base Defense, since we were on the Old Football Future website LOL. The league is finally catching up with me.

• Like 1

We have 2 guys on the Covid-19 / Reserve list

There are 7 players on the list as of now: #Browns RB Dontrell Hilliard, #Ravens Nigel Warrior, #Bengals Kendall Futrell, #Browns Jovante Moffatt, #Cowboys Jon'Vea Johnson and #Chiefs Aleva Hifo.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

We have 2 guys on the Covid-19 / Reserve list

There are 7 players on the list as of now: #Browns RB Dontrell Hilliard, #Ravens Nigel Warrior, #Bengals Kendall Futrell, #Browns Jovante Moffatt, #Cowboys Jon'Vea Johnson and #Chiefs Aleva Hifo.

I have no idea who Nigel Warrior is, but he sounds like an English superhero