Browns General Discussion

candyman93

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Preseason has been completely canceled.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/27/us/nfl-preseason-games-coronavirus-spt-trnd/index.html

I actually think cancelling the preseason will benefit the browns. I think they need as much time to install and learn the offense. Now you can concentrate on preparing the starters. No need to throw in guys to get reps to get them ready for preseason action. Feel bad for the late round guys and the UDFA because they wont get the shots but I also see them getting more of a chance next offseason than the late round guys and UDFA next year if there isnt a college season

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I actually think cancelling the preseason will benefit the browns. I think they need as much time to install and learn the offense. Now you can concentrate on preparing the starters. No need to throw in guys to get reps to get them ready for preseason action. Feel bad for the late round guys and the UDFA because they wont get the shots but I also see them getting more of a chance next offseason than the late round guys and UDFA next year if there isnt a college season

Practice squad is expanding though. That will help them.

It’s time to play the “who opts out” game.

My money is on Chubb and Kareem playing. They’re runningbacks and can not afford to sit out and add a year. Confident that Baker plays because he doesn’t want to risk Keenum stealing his job.

I could see Myles sitting out. He’s paid and will get paid even more. Joel and JC might sit out. Tretters situation is tough considering he’s head of the Union. OBJ and Jarvis might sit out. They’ve earned mega bucks and both have little kids. They’ve also got long term contracts.

We have underpaid rookies for the most part.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s time to play the “who opts out” game.

My money is on Chubb and Kareem playing. They’re runningbacks and can not afford to sit out and add a year. Confident that Baker plays because he doesn’t want to risk Keenum stealing his job.

I could see Myles sitting out. He’s paid and will get paid even more. Joel and JC might sit out. Tretters situation is tough considering he’s head of the Union. OBJ and Jarvis might sit out. They’ve earned mega bucks and both have little kids. They’ve also got long term contracts.

We have underpaid rookies for the most part.

This is depressing.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The more I think about it, I’d bet stupid money that Kareem is a 100% lock to play.

And Myles. Hes in the middle of trying to repair his image from last season. Getting paid the largest defensive contract in history and then sitting out wouldnt help that.

It going to get to the point that so many players 'opt out' that the league is going to shut down. Its just going to take 1 team to have like 35% of their roster say no and the whole league will collapse for the season.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

And Myles. Hes in the middle of trying to repair his image from last season. Getting paid the largest defensive contract in history and then sitting out wouldnt help that.

It going to get to the point that so many players 'opt out' that the league is going to shut down. Its just going to take 1 team to have like 35% of their roster say no and the whole league will collapse for the season.

The only way you stop football is if the QBs start choosing not to play.

Let’s be honest, you could put a bunch of scrubs around Patrick Mahommes and he’s still gonna sling the rock. He just can’t have traffic cones blocking for him.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Myles doesn’t need to fix **** lol

Here are the type of players sitting out this far:

1. Players who are in the “higher risk health category.“

I don’t know who fits in this category for us.

2. Players who have a recently born child at home.

Nobody for us, but some guys have little kids.

3. Players who have already made their money in the league.

This would include OBJ, Jarvis, Bitonio, Conklin, Tretter, Sheldon, Olivier, and Myles.